1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook: Right now I am just running around

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 7, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I am still baffled with the defensive foul turned charging to the loose ball foul.

...the Westbrick turnover count stays the same even if it was not a loose ball foul.

KingCheetah, amaru and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

cmon Rusty .. you doing too much! Here I have some advice for you in a surfing related theme, but still applicable. Check it out!

Patience and harold bingo like this.
  3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Some of you guys are awful fans

4. cebunit

cebunit Member

+1

fattz, PDJACK7, FrontRunner and 2 others like this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Yes, we need to adjust but i'm afraid it'll be too late. Russ as the number one option may work against most teams, but against the lakers it is a different story with Lebron James and AD waiting near the paint. WIth rondo pressing, its better to give up the ball to Austin since he has better handles than him and EG. Russ needs to be able to play in between the three point line and the paint and come and set screens for austin or gordon and roll. Both Gordon and austin are better shooters if they go under the screen. i'm not saying that this would work, but i think its worth a try. Its on you Mike. We cannot lose the series with Russ turning the ball over. He needs to take that open mid range and hit it, or we need to try something else. Benching Russ is not an option. We need his rebounding, fast breaks and defense.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

A man who won’t face his mistakes can’t correct them.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I might be reaching but it seems like a direct shot at MDA.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

News Flash....Russ you are a top 10 NBA player play like it.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is in severe decline.

DD

10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Westbrook should learn from Leborn, just use drive or slam dunk. Please dont try any jump shooting especially in 4th quarter

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the hating on Westbrook is ridiculous. He had a bad game. Shut up already.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He’s had multiple multiple bad games.
    We get 4 bad games to 1 okay average game. He has devolved into a role player with a superstar salary

34to11 likes this.
  13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Jordan?

Patience likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lol no. Harden trades a HOF point guard and 2 first round picks for him.

HP3 likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

FIFY.

34to11 and HP3 like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I definitely blame him most of all.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

So the guy gets injured, has to re-integrate in the middle of a tight playoff series, and doesn't look like himself over a few games. But in the previous 36 games he averaged 31/8/7 with analysts/fans saying he's playing as well as ever...everyone is a reactionary these days.

Is it concerning that he isn't playing his best right now? Absolutely, but the circumstances are unusual and not completely his fault. Either way, we're not going to win without him, and he's been great for a majority of this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get back on track in the next game or two. If he continues to play like he did in G2 and we lose the series, then go ahead, but we're tied 1-1 with the #1 seed with a ton of basketball left to be played.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

to me he definitely was facing his mistakes . How can anyone see that interview and not see that he owned everything ?

the couple bad calls part ?

the “one mistake that cost the game” was not a realistic question .

the snap out of it , Was a bit angry from Russ .. but at the end of the day that it was one game and bad games happen is realistic.

the very first thing he said was “look at film and find out how to be effective.”

he might’ve been in a bad mood , but who wouldn’t be after they played that poorly .. and if they had played to their normal level could’ve tipped the game

jiggyfly, gotsis and Patience like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

His motto should be: you don’t have to win the game..... just don’t lose it.

Sanctity likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The problem with this defense is simply this.

Healthy or not healthy Westbrook might have the lowest b-ball IQ that you can find in the league.

Healthy or not healthy he nearly leads the league in WTF decisions. Year in and year out.

Do you not recall the absolute joy of facing OKC in the playoffs after Durant left and knowing no matter what that Westbrook was eventually going to really help us out with some crap decisions? Its like clockwork.

harold bingo likes this.