1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AD with 0 points when Tucker primary defender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coyotetex, Sep 6, 2020.

1. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

This stat stunned me. In 26 possessions, AD only took one shot, had 2 turnovers and scored 0 points with PJ as the primary defender.

We all know that shot -- it was the hi-light reel play where PJ was all over Davis causing him to settle for a long jumper which he air mailed in.

That's not just dominant defense. That's like PJ has setup a seaside villa with maid service and a spare room for his shoe collection, inside ADs head level of defense.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Saw this last night as well. In the current era, 7-footers aren't guarded that much, and it's a off-putting to them when they are. The opposing team usually just focuses it's defense on the rest of the team and lets the big guys score.

D-rock likes this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Only bad thing about this is that we may not be able to afford pj next year. I think he’ll be getting at least fifteen a year. Tillman should have extended him while he could

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Doubt it, I thought the same thing 3 years back and he came back for a reasonable price. What contending team is going to throw big money at a 36 year-old 6'5 center who averages 8 points a game......not many.

He'll come back on a 3/25 contract.

kjayp and D-rock like this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

came back? He’s on his first contract... look what Ariza got, Iggy got. They were old too.

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, thought he was on his 2nd. I think you'll be shocked at how cheap he comes back for. Might be even less than now.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He is the heart and balls of this team. The man needs to stay. We need to add to this team not subtract.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

It was funny to watch everyone talk **** about AD after one game...then the Rox get torched.

This happens so many times in the past and again in the future, because people are morons.

tinman and kjayp like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think we just live in an age where instant gratification and a 24hr attention span are the norm.

Theking and tinman like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean a bunch of idiots

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They made adjustments when they realize Anthony Davis was a seven footer.

This is obviously going to be the issue when we don’t play a traditional center.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

let's not forget tucker likened davis to a bear in his recent tweet.