1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach Nick: LeBron & Anthony Davis 3 Steps Slow While Harden Takes Off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is what we need to be prepared for in game 2.

Not adjustments. They don’t have any good ones with their personnel.

Just more energy from Lebron and AD. PJ and Covington need to be careful with the fouls in game 2.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is Coach Nick a Lakers fan?

4. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

LeBron and AD are a terrible fit together. Neither complements the other’s playing style.

LeBron needs a playmaker next to him like Wade or Kyrie who can drive in the paint and create a shot. While AD needs a pick-and-roll partner who can feed him easy buckets.

I don’t know what the hell these guys were thinking teaming up. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Davis packed up and left this summer in free agency. You know LeBron is going to publicly trash him if they get knocked out in the 2nd round.

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Man...why is it that everyone roots for the Lakers lol.

hakeem94, DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  6. likestohypeguy

More of a Lakers coach. He is coaching the lakers here, in this video.

"It's the playoffs, let's see some hussle. Get a damn hand up!"

hakeem94, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

We give Harden plenty when he becomes “disinterested” but LeBron took it to a new level last night

TracywtFacy, hakeem94, saleem and 2 others like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets pace, power and passion are too much for the Lakers.

Rockets were not even at their best offensively OR defensively in Game 1.

If Lakers biggest adjustment is more effort, especially from Lebron and AD, they may win 1 or even 2 games, max.

But overall, that is a extremely poor adjustment. Even Vogel can see this.

Coach Daniel made a vid to help Lakers beat Rockets and this was his hot take?

Sad.

hakeem94, luckyman76, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Coach Nick is mad because the Lakers showed no passion (I disagree Rockets just punched them in the mouth). Every video he posts are about how team A beat team B, but all of sudden, it's different here. Why do people hate the Rockets? lol

ipaman, hakeem94, Theking and 5 others like this.
  10. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Not sure what all the "Is Coach Nick a Lakers fan?" comments are all about.

Pretty obvious that the Lakers were not playing anywhere near a high playoff level last night. The defensive lapses and wide open 3s we were getting was incredible.

I think basketball lovers like Coach Nick just want to see the highest level of basketball possible, and if the Lakers continue to wheel out that garbage each night the Rockets will steamroll them.

sirbaihu likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Best part is when he goes apoplectic on AD not covering Gordon on that backdoor out of bounds play. He's so sad hahahah.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

lololol Coach sounds dissatisfied and is kindly demanding Jeannie for his money back!

Key note for the rockets, they might experiment a no layups theme and dare threes but do they have the people to handle the adjustment?

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wrong. This is one of the least objective audibly angry videos he has ever posted. His whole thing is about being a neutral observer when it comes to basketball videos; he even has coach Nun come in and talk about calls.

This one was different. Not once did he talk about how the Rockets beat the Lakers

Coach Nick- "This Isnt about clash of styles, this is about effort."

He is completely dismissing everything the Rockets did with his opening statement.

Lakers were ready, Rockets just punched them in the mouth and they didn't get up.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Shhhhhh. No ragging on LeBron. Keep worshiping him, media. We need to keep his complacency going for another game at least.

15. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

A more comprehensive (and more accurate) transcript of the initial quote:

"-the Rockets are fully loaded with a unique brand of basketball that plays as the polar opposite of how the Lakers play. But this wasn't about a clash of styles, or a team getting hot from outside, this was about effort. And considering this is the second round of the NBA playoffs, what the Lakers put forth, particularly Lebron and AD, is simply not gonna cut it. Much could be said about James Harden free of the intense pressure of OKC's Lu Dort and lighting up the scoreboard for 36 pts on 60% shooting against the Lakers' guards. Or the big run in the 4th that opened up the game while Harden was resting on the bench. But what I want to focus on is the poor defense and effort exhibited by the Lakers' two stars."

He clearly indicates in the introduction that the video is going to be about Lebron and AD's lack of effort. He does mention Harden and the key 14-0 run, but he decides that he wants to focus on a different topic. That's his prerogative. I don't really see where the "dismissing" happens.

Watching the game, it was clear from the jump that the Lakers didn't really have a defensive scheme for the Rockets' style of basketball, so I knew we had to steal this one while they were off-balance. What I didn't expect was how bad/lazy the Lakers looked defensively. The Rockets basically just did whatever they wanted on offense, and there was little to no resistance.

I think Nick's point is very simple: It's not that the Rockets' style or Harden/Westbrook were not a factor, it's just that talking about the finer points of the stylistic clash and menu of adjustments/strategies that each team utilizes is pointless when you don't even look committed. Gordon getting that easy lay-in on that under the basket inbounds was the icing on the pile of sh**cake the Lakers served us last night.

So ya, from a basketball fan perspective who is expecting a spicy matchup of two heavyweights last night was a disappointing from the Lakers, especially the 4th quarter. That might explain the "audibly angry" or as I read it, the annoyed tone of this video.

And considering that Coach Nick consistently exposes anyone that tries to call Harden's moves travels online and has released an entire video series on the way Harden uses the gather, and the many videos I've seen from him analyzing good Rockets games, I just find it hard to believe that he is out to "dismiss" the Rockets.

Honestly, the thing I've been legitimately disappointed with Nick about (and all of us should be) is the fact he never did a video on OKC-Rockets Game 7, and the only videos he did do on that series was Lu Dort and the Game 4 OKC win.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The media has already been hammering the blame AD narrative and how great LBJs D has been. BS on LBJ. He still looks like the last year or two in Cle. He makes a few plays here or there but takes off most of the game. His bully ball is not as effective any more and he cannot expend the same amount of energy. Harden is apparently the only star that gets blamed for this in the past when he had to shoulder so much. With more help now he is essentially an elite defender. Wonder why? Giannis also relies on bully ball.

Blatz, hakeem94, ghettocheeze and 2 others like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He has never bought into the Rockets style of play. I remember the year we lead the league in wins with Harden/Paul and he had the Warriors beating us in 4-5 games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Coach Nick hates Houston. Also, he’s a douchebag.

ipaman, King1 and Theking like this.
  19. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

I second this.

ipaman, don grahamleone and Theking like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Watch LeBron James Fake a Hamstring Injury in a Elimination Game. He can Fake a Limp while he is walking. Broadcasters can call him a hero for playing through a Elimination Game. Give him credit for not trying on defense and not interested in his Teammates.

LeBron should punch a White Board again and have his hand wrapped while holding a microphone with his "injured" hand.

Blatz and hakeem94 like this.