1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

at this point i'd rather play the celtics than the heat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Sep 4, 2020.

?

who would you rather play

1. celtics

58.6%
  2. heat

41.4%
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

If this choice becomes a reality, it means we've already beaten the Lakers, and Clippers (or nuggets).

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

POST OF THE WEEK/YEAR?
    @Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am confident rockets can beat anyone... the only thing i am not sure of is if they can beat themselves and the lack of the killer instinct ... know what i mean

bloodwings19 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Heat got better shooters and a 4th Q presence.

I have adjusted the take.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Let's get past Lakers first. And then the clippers which is a match up nightmare for us.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

My dream championship run:

Round 1: Utah Jazz
    Round 2: Utah Jazz
    WCF: Utah Jazz
    Finals: Utah Jazz

That would be the most satisfying playoff run ever.

There are very few things in life that give me as much joy as Rockets beating the Jazz.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Before the playoffs I had Rockets-Heat in The finals.....I’m sticking with that; but yes I would rather face the Celtics

Side note: Clippers are now looking tougher at this time.........still Rockets in finals.

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Stop TMac’in yourself

9. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

russ vs jimmy would be glorious

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The Lakers were playing dumb. Those fouls were too obvious to not be called. Green reaching 30 feet from basket. Caruso being late on rotations. I mean just look at his first drive where McGee completely took him out. That should have been an and 1.

Refs still seemed to favor the Lakers. Westbrook getting Davis in the air for a no call. Bron got some phantom calls.
    One thing I like about Ref trying to screw us this game is the Lakers like to play bigs who can’t shoot. So we can muck up their strategy by hacking Dwight or Javale.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Either team is a bad matchup, thats cuz both Stevens and Spo are new age geniuses and will run circles around D'antoni. They also have players who matchup really well vs the Rox. If you ask me though I'd rather face the Heat cuz they have the lesser team. Yeah ok the have the Tomball terror so what we got Roco who can contain him and Jimmy B also needs to guard Harden so his energy will be halved. Right now they just need to zone out Giannis so their teams looks a lot stronger than they really are.

Celtics are the true threat they are destroying the Raps who looked so strong during the playins and 1st round c'mon now. Brad Stevens owns D'Antoni straight up, I expect us to be destroyed tactically if they meet. Their team has a lot of lengthy defenders they can throw at Harden, WB and EG I mean Smart is basically built like Dort I can see him studying Dort's technique and giving Harden hell throughout the series.

I'd rather face any team except Bucks (who are too tall for micro ball) and Celtics tbh. The Rox just don't match up well with those teams IMO.

12. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

the ultimate dogfight

13. Mr. Space City

just like in 2018, the WCF will be the real NBA finals.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Brad Stevens is the best coach in the league. I take the Heat.