1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/4/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 3, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tony Brothers, Marc Davis, and Scott Foster will see out the series. The replacement ref will be Tim Donaghy

Dgn1, BMoney and RayRay10 like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Guess who else is 35, but doesn't tire?

THIS GUY:

[​IMG]

#1462 topfive, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Any word on danuel house???

don grahamleone and RayRay10 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Faking an injury to hide his F'ing quitting ass.

Janice has a lot of Steph in him.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t worry! All of the Chinese fans and expats here can still watch the games on local TV and/or free streaming sites (the dodgy ones with questionable ads). The games are just banned on national TV and the official streams...there are a million ways around it :D Rockets fans will always find a way.

Also, I don’t know what I was expecting for game one but a blowout wasn’t it! I thought we’d grind out a tough one, but I much prefer the boring wins

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

We're 3-1 against the Fakers this year, and now to advance we just have to go 3-3.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lakers not winning 3 games against Rockets.

8. riko

riko Member

No sane GM would do that trade

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wish the Lakers would have put up more of a fight, they mailed in the 4th.

They will play harder, but our group won't let up. When they play harder and are still having trouble, I think they will fall apart.

clos4life, hakeem94, linvetb6 and 2 others like this.
  10. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Word. Glad you have access. Go Rockets

11. Mr. Space City

Lakers in trouble.

Who woulda thought starting a center that cant shoot with guards that can't shoot would hurt spacing?

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I think it’s just age, a lot of wear on the tires, and the injury last year all finally catching up to him. He was hoping Davis and the supporting cast could do the heavy lifting, and they did during the regular season, but Bradley not being there leaves a huge void at PG that the Lakers can’t fill...and it wasn’t as if Bradley was great, but he was way better than anything else they had.

The Rockets are just a poor matchup for them...they can’t stop Harden, Westbrook and Gordon. They would have had problems with OKC, would have struggled more against Portland if Dame and CJ were healthy, and aren’t going to get by the Clips barring injury. Just no answer with the roster they have...I think LeBron cares, just nothing he can do...kind of like when he was with Cleveland and they would lose to Boston...he can’t do it alone. But, he decided this was what he wanted...which is fine, but Lakers fans aren’t going to be happy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if AD leaves for NY in the offseason and the Lakers go get Lebron’s buddy, CP3, along with Steven Adams. Hell, maybe they reunite the Banana Boat crew and bring in Carmelo. They won’t win, but they can sail off into the sunset together.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they are praying for a dort type bodying harden even before he gets the ball, a cp3 type injuring harden, a russel wb injury, and a referee fixing

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. riko

riko Member

And no one who can guard Harden the best scorer on the planet. Lebron got torched when tried to defend him, Green actually did ok but he got torched as well. They had to put Davis on him at the end and started doubling James when everything else failed

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No one on the Lakers can stay in front of Harden.

When he literally sought out LeBron in a switch in the first half and scored on him I knew it was game over.

This series should be way different for our guard attack. Dort and the OKC guards deserves some serious credit.

Westbrook this game. Jesus. Just the epitome of what he is. Soo many WTF plays and yet, in this game, he made up for it with some huge ones.

I pray Westbrook finds his mid season groove. We will need it.

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Who'd a thunk it - grabbing game 1!

The Lakers just look like a hot mess a good part of the time - just no cohesion...

Hopefully their shakiness continues - and we can continue to offset to's w steals... and we might have a shot...

I'm glad we didnt force 50+ 3s

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Frank Vogel has always struck me as an incompetent coach.

linvetb6 likes this.