1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

17th Annual Yahoo ClutchFans FFL - Leagues 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

FOOOOOTBALLLLLLLL!!!

I have updated the leagues with the draft day and time -

ClutchFans FFL League 1 - Sat Sep 5 8:00pm CDT
    ClutchFans FFL League 2 - Fri Sep 4 8:00pm CDT

Not Wanting to Play / Waiting List -

If you can't play this season, please email me at rockets34life at gmail dot com. If there are available spots, email me and I will add you to the wait list if anyone drops out so we can fill the spot(s) quickly.

If the waiting list doesn't fill out the spot, then the league will be made public to fill the last spot.

2. Rockets34Legend

As of now, we are full with League 1.

League 2 - missing Multiple Scorgasms (@thejav ) and Gorilla Pimpzzz. Are you guys still playing?

As of now, no one is on the waiting list.

If I don't hear from MS or GP and if there is no one wanting to join up via waiting list by 4pm CST, they will be removed and the league will go public.

#2 Rockets34Legend, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  3. Rockets34Legend

Sorry for the mistake, but I couldn't edit the OP.

I flipped the times for each league in the OP, so here are the correct times for each draft -

ClutchFans FFL League 1 - Fri Sep 4 8:00pm CDT
    ClutchFans FFL League 2 - Sat Sep 5 8:00pm CDT

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're changing the time of the draft (for no apparent reason) with only a few hours notice on the DAY OF the draft? Lulz. I will be watching the Rockets at this time, so I'm dropping out. Sad to go, but it is what it is.

5. Rockets34Legend

The draft time was never changed - check the league site. It was a mistake on here.

6. Rockets34Legend

As you wish, Zig. Dropping your team and making league public.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As the previous CHAMP and someone who is butthurt you'd schedule a draft during a Rockets playoff game on a Rockets fan forum, I hope yall ALL lose. Bozos.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Congrats Lions Pride. You really put the beat on me. Good luck in the finals.

9. Rockets34Legend

Hehe, NewRoxFan.....we got each other in League 1 for 3rd place. Got upset by a 6-6 team.....just my luck.

But the good news is....pulled the upset in League 2 and I'm in the Finals! We'll see how that goes....

NewRoxFan likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

I don't know how I snuck into the playoffs with this 6-7 team. And YIKES!, going against your Pro Bowler team (Cooper, Diggs, TY Houston, Kamara, JRobins1, Sanders, Waller... how in the world did you ever lose a game? Looks like I will need more smoke and mirrors...

Good luck this week (though I don't think you will need it with that lineup)...

11. Rockets34Legend

Man, that Pro Bowl team should of pulled it off, but it's always hit and miss with the NFL.

Good luck to you too....it might be another close one. :D

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

In the League II I had a nice team, got a lot of points ( the 2nd team with the most points) but I faced someone that had over 200 pts haha, the most in all the season, I wish I went against the no.1 seed, I would have won that, haha. Bad luck in the semifinals for me

13. NewRoxFan

Yea... as hard as we work to study players and matchups and past performances, there usually more in the way of luck that effects wins and losses. Bad luck like injuries (and COVID-19) that takeaway your player but in some cases, effect others on your team (eg, you have the WR and the QB gets injured). Or... just bad luck in who you get matched up with. Some leagues try to reward highest score with money. But some times you simply shrug and start thinking about next year.

david_rocket likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Wow, I reckon I don't need to stress over the rest of the games... Kamara probably beat me by himself.

15. NewRoxFan

Looks like you got me in this one... congrats on the win. For a brief bit I thought I somehow overcame Kamara's huge game but a dopey decision (starting Ty Johnson over Curtis Samuel) and some surprisingly weak performances by my WRs deflated my chances. Hopefully we get a chance to battle again next year.

16. Rockets34Legend

Good game NewRoxFan. I figured even with my luck of Kamara's week that the **** performances from Brees and TY that I was still going to lose. Didn't help also that I didn't check and Robinson from JAX was out before the games started.

I did everything possible to mess it up, but lucked out. We will definitely run this back again next year. :)