1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul walks off court without shaking Harden's hand?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Sep 3, 2020.

1. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

When the final buzzer sounds and you see someones true reaction, (ala CP3) I can personally say I love it that James played like crap and we still won.

CP3 had a chance to win it himself and folded. He also knows James played like garbage so he has the offseason to ponder it. LOVE IT!

Bring on the Lakers!

jcmoon likes this.
  2. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You have lost your mind he took all kinds of cheap dirty shots to the Rockets players flopping crying forget that punk.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Coz he was about to cry

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I am shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell you!

I could never in the farthest reaches of my mind have imagined a gentleman like Chris Paul behaving in such a tawdry manner!

#44 topfive, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Wow. The basketball universe is in the wake of The Last Dance, and CP3 went full tilt Isiah Thomas after being eliminated!?!?! As the head of the NBPA President that is just amazing if true. Sounds like that's what a lot of y'all saw though. Yeesh.

edit: And also to do that as the follow up to that really touching exchange between Donovan Mitchell and Jamal Murray.

#45 cdrive, Sep 3, 2020
    macho GRANDE and N2bnfunn like this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well at least Chris did not elbow him in the groin.

7. jowman

jowman Member

Who cares he’s gone. His time is likely up soon. Stop keeping the midget relevant with these threads.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

CP3 competitiveness gets the best of him. Both him and James didn't play well in game 7. James's play in game 7s is very scary and clearly shows he needs a team of alpha dudes around him to carry him.

N2bnfunn likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Some people live for that moment.

Some try to flop, miss easy shots in crunch time and prefer Steven Adams getting the ball at the top of the key with the series on the line.

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Harden wasn’t one year removed from being teammates with them like Paul was. I mean if Paul was a late season signing and then parted ways the next year I could understand but he played here two years.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Like, I suppose Kobie and Durant and LKebron and Jordan who always won champion ships without strong supporting casts?

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think the 3 you mentioned stats are clearly better than James's in close out games. Not here to debate that though... When James goes into an offensive funk, he needs more others than the 3 you mentioned.

13. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Rightfully so? Man this fool got max money and came back out of shape. Didn't show up in the playoffs and was always getting hurt

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I had to read that three times Because initially I was going to reply

and... sarcasm lol

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The sad part is CP3 was and is the better fit with Harden when healthy. If they could of settled their differences things would be way better than this current ceiling.

#55 Sanctity, Sep 3, 2020
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Some of y'all in this thread are ridiculous. These are grown men all trying to compete for the same thing. Dude just lost a playoff series to the team he was traded from. Y'all expect him to just forget what happened in the last 7 games and be fake and smiling when dapping up Harden and Westbrook?

Chris Paul didn't proactively leave us for greener pastures. We traded him.

So, the Rockets dumped him. And now we're advancing in the playoffs by sending him home. That's like if a guy dumped girl A and the guy expecting things to still be friendly with girl A when he shows up in front of girl A with girl B.

17. Mr. Space City

Damn, all I did was ask a question. :(

18. Mr Chuck Norris

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Neither am I we would be TRUE contenders with Paul, instead of Westbrook....

DD

tycoonchip likes this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I don't really care for Chris personally, but I'm not going to rag on him for not immediately dishing out hugs and high-fives after the game. It hurts when you want something and fall short, and it was clear he wanted the win badly. Say what you want about him, but all season long he and the Thunder overachieved. All season. He's got the heart of a champion, no question.

ElPigto likes this.