1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden just got saved big time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Sep 2, 2020.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The tra
    The trade was also made bc Paul will make 85 million at 35 and 36 and had showed clear decline. Paul did well in the playoffs but this was a perfect situation for him, shortened season and a long break to rest his body before playoffs started. No way he would have played this well if they played 82 games and then to playoffs with no break.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

So what's Westbrook's excuse? Or do you think his game is gonna age well either? He can prove himself next series but as of now Chris Paul is still the better player in almost ever aspect.

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Let's not forget that this game is only being played because Russ was trash in game 6.

This is the reason you need more than one great player to win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Westbrook was showing more decline than Paul, and Westbrook's contract is worse... Not to mention that WB's game depends on athleticism FAR more than Paul's.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

End of the day, he got it done and got the W. No Russ for 4 games out of 7.

jcmoon, D-rock and raining threes like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he scored some of the 3pointers over defenders and scored masterfully on some layups in the crowd, he was getting to the rim easier than harden....
    reminds me of johnatan simmons who outplayed harden in the spurs series... it will be interesting to see will he be able to sustain this level of play

jcmoon likes this.
  7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has really matured these last 4 years. He went from sleepwalking and putting up half his average in an elimination game and getting blocked at the buzzer, to sleepwalking and putting up half his average in an elimination game and getting the last block.

I'll take it, and I actually feel good about the Lakers series aside from all the ref fixing. Had we lost that game, I'm not sure if I would have given Harden another chance. I would have still rooted for him and the Rockets, but I would be one of the people that agrees with the media about him not being cut out for big games. It's not bias, bad luck, the refs or concussions anymore, it's the truth. I'm rooting for him to change everything over the next 21 games and silence all of us, but right now I can't make any excuses for him.

8. HardenVolumeOne

the series should have ended on that block would have been a "dramatic finish" as they say in dragonball fighter z, but scott foster hating ass added like damn near 3 seconds smh

9. Mr. Space City

rockets win and you FAIR WEATHER FANS crying about some trade.

be happy we won! my goodness! so much doom and gloom.

10. jowman

jowman Member

That’s why he has teammates r****d. So he can have a bad game every now and then and when he doesn’t drop 40 his teammates do what they are paid to do and pick up the slack.

I love how every superstar is allowed to have a shitty game every now and then and have teammates carry them but the moment harden doesn’t shoot well even if the team WINS even his own team’s fans will **** on him.

HP3, jcmoon, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden was a team leading +9 tonight.

No different from the rest of the series.

We won with him on the floor and suffered when he sat.

D-rock and Zboy like this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think he will be fine for the length of his contract. Westbrook, in the last year of his contract will be the same age as Paul was his last year with the rockets.

again, this series was perfect storm for CP3. He got to play reduced schedule AND rest before playoffs whereas Westbrook got COVID! and hurt is quad (prob due to limited time of stretching out post restart)

to CP3s credit he looked better than he did last year, remember last year when CP3 couldnt get past joe ingles and now he was doing up robert covington. I will still take westbrook with 1 extra contract year at 33 over CP3 with money as a 35 and 36 year old

13. TimDuncanDonaut

It's that veggie diet. He should have went to it last year with the rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As much as Harden struggled, there is still no one else on this team I feel comfortable with running the show.

He was choking on his shots but to his credit, he was still getting others open looks.

D-rock likes this.
  15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's like harden's supposed to be thankful eric gordon decided to not shoot 20% again.

RustyHarden, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Harden due for a great series. They’ll be adjusting with Westbrook coming back to the rotation. Disney got their seven games to try to tire out the rockets. James was holding back cause we weren’t getting any free throws. Russ is gonna take Kyle Kuzma back to prom with a bag of ruffles.

RustyHarden, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He saved the Rockets. Dort was shooting better than ego, Harden, Russ or PJ. He had the most points in the game.
    Blocking that potential 3 Harden saved the Rockets even with a bad offensive game. Russ deflected some too and the last play as well. But Dort had been making those shots and no Harden we go down by 2 with 4 or 3 seconds left.
    We don’t get those touchy fouls that OKC got all series long or those phantom made up calls. Russ missed a couple layups and so did pj and cov.

So yea Harden saved us even with a bad game he didn’t got saved and he carried us game 1&2

RustyHarden, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

What’s embarrassing is the way the refs have call the games. They are the ones that kept every game in the series closed. The discrepancy with the amount of Free throws OKC got and Houston got was like double and that was without counting tonight’s game.
    We should have won game 3. Pj and ego brain fart and MDA too. And everyone messed that game that would have changed the series to 3-0. Game 4 we had the win but again so many bad calls and it was a closed one. Where they missed shots too. Tonight’s game was horrendous it just seemed like refs wanted OKC to win. I wonder why besides Foster always hating on the Rockets and calling bs.

There’s also the instance of China not transmitting our games. So it was obvious the nba wanted OKC so they could show the Lakers next series.
    This series was hard fought. I don’t see why it would be an embarrassment losing to OKC. They were playing well before the break and in the bubble too. Some games they lost because they didn’t have Dennis, Adams and Dort.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why Kuzma, he isn't playing major minutes.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Try to learn basketball.

Harden was a +9 in Game 7.