1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden does not have the heart of a champion.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 2, 2020.

1. rocketseagles07

Harden is my favorite player in the world. He doesn’t have “it” when the situation gets tough in the playoffs. You can love a guy and be honest about it. It looked like the spurs series for a couple quarters.

Luckily he didn’t let it affect his defense like he used to.

But there’s no denying it, and for all you all that talk about other teams fans and their lack of objectivity, you really shouldn’t talk if you’re defending the way James has played in big time games(for the most part)

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Going in to tonight’s game NBAmaths TPA metric had Harden as the most impactful player in the playoffs.

No denying you would like your main guy to come up bigger in certain situations but you can’t deny the overall impact in this series.

3. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

how can he have the heart of a champion when he's not a champion

yet

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

We got the win and I'm ecstatic. Also Harden had a few good plays in the last few minutes including that incredible block.
    But... he was well below average this game. If we'd lost, the media and his critics would've had a field day.

Looking at him this game at times, I genuinely think it's a mental hurdle for him and something a psychologist could help him with.

More disappointingly, when he was on the bench in the 3rd and 4th, I would've loved to have seen him cheer and support the team (like Westbrook did when he was out injured).

Hardens supposed to be a leader and he wasn't today.

bro2044 likes this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'm mixed on Paul. I wish he were a Rocket too, but damn he's a punk. I never really liked him much and warmed up to him some during his time here.

jcmoon and topfive like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden makes these dudes into stars for a series only to find out they are regular non-special basketball players.

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I blame WB. If he sat this entire series, it would have been much shorter. Still need another guy besides Harden deeper in the playoffs, but this series ends early with him resting.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Very good defensively tonight. Still his track record for bringing it on offense when the team needs him is subpar. I still can’t get over game 6.

I don’t know what the matchup vs LA is going to be like. But I guess one thing to be thankful of is they don’t have great on ball defenders like OKC did. So no excuses for James.

bro2044 and jcmoon like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

All the more reason that block was so important. It’s not a shot but definitely his career defining playoff play at the moment.

think how differently this goes if Dort hits that three.

Most of the stuff above remains true but no one cares. Now with the stuff above you can be like, “well... I guess he did play clutch”.

Never mind the earlier block he had on the Schroeder layup drive.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Same way you can be a dick head without having a phallic shaped skull.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think I can speak for the forum when I say its time for you to **** right off.

jcmoon and TWS1986 like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I hope you guys kept the receipts for your pitchforks.

Clutch performance on his last legs against OKC's defense. That block was not coincidental positioning, he was eyeing that block before Dort even knew he was gonna try to shoot it.

You have to give Dort credit for holding James to roughly 30 points on 20 shots (plus 8 assists to 3 TO's). It was extremely difficult against that kid.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Good, hopefully you'll move on then. I hope the same of everyone who is attached to doubting a team they're allegedly fans of.

I don't use the word bipolar to mean anything but bipolar because it's a disorder, but damn if some of y'all don't bounce from one extreme to the other, too often as a result of the most recent game. Every player is either the best or the worst of all time when neither is true. Our coach or GM is a genius or an idiot, again, mostly based on the most recent game.

As the sort of fan that roots for the team I'm a fan of, I believe in our guys. And, as a believer, I find it really frustrating to read a Rockets fan forum so filled with antipathy towards the Rockets.

Maybe, just like politics needed its own forum here all those years ago, we should have another sub-forum that gives such anti-fans a place to talk about how much the Rockets suck.

HP3, jcmoon, AroundTheWorld and 7 others like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Or we can create a seperate subforum labeled "Cheerleading only" and stick to the topic of this subforum which is Game Action and Roster moves.

15. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Preach OP.

James Harden is a great regular season player, playoffs not so much.

16. Batman Jones

The GARM is a sub-forum of a Rockets fan site.

And just like folks say players or coaches or whatever are the greatest or the worst, there's a lot of room between being a reliable doubter and a cheerleader-only.

But if there were ever a place to be a 'cheerleader,' it would be in the fan forum of the team one is cheering for.

HP3, RCPM, clutchdabear and 1 other person like this.
  17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Keep in mind that people said the same thing about Dream when he was in his early 30's

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Want to also repost what I said in the other thread:

Let's not forget that this game is only being played because Russ was trash in game 6.

This is the reason you need more than one great player to win. Esp in the playoffs.

Brothers is bad, but in my view, he's bad in a more neutral way that doesn't seem to affect the Rockets or Harden more than their opponent.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Batman Jones

But whatever to my other posts. I'm celebrating tonight. I feel sincerely badly for those Rockets fans that can't.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Johnaton Simmons