1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 9/2/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its unfortunate that the very thing most players apply to their game in order to play better, makes them play worse.

RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What if we get blown out and or the team quits...crazy right....Either way is it almost game time?

3. RCPM

RCPM Member

I love game sevens! GO ROCKETS!!!

Mazulis, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. YaoMingsSoulja

All these posts saying if it's a close game, okc gonna win. That is bullshit. There is no reason why the Rockets shouldn't be able to put the game away if it's close. We have star power in Russ and James, and cp3 is good no doubt, but he's not unstoppable. We have lockdown defenders and we've definitely won games this year when the game is decided by 5 points or less.

The lineup out there during a close game should be:

Russ (maybe, he was pretty awful last game but I say he bounces back tonight)
    Harden
    Ego
    Tucker
    Roco

I dont trust House, Rivers has been awful this series and I don't expect that to change, Ben won't see the floor and tbh I'm okay with that (too much of a liability on defense and he seems low iq). These guys need to get it done or I'm seriously gonna lose it :)

D-rock, jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

This should be fun. I am not an advocate of dirty play but after seeing CP3 punch or slap at people's nuts 3 times this series (probably more..I only saw 3) plus hit someone in the throat, I would reccomend sending in a non rotation player to take an ejection and lay him down hard (perhaps simultaneously hitting nuts and throat?)

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

What if Adam Silver calls James Harden before the game and ask him politely to lose for the financial interest of the league, players and BLM?
    What if the call already happened before game 6?

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Last game was an aberration. Too many stupid unforced turnovers. Tonight we are back to Rockets ball and it will be a blowout as Russ and Gordon finally play well.

D-rock, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

9. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Hope its not close because Harden will get the ball but with twice the amount of pressure now and ultimately choke, it's blowout or bust.

10. opticon

opticon Member

If MDA does not have the resolve to put EG or Westbrook on the bench if they're cold at key moments, he does not deserve to be here.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, even LeBron, the greatest player of this generation, needed another top 15-20 guy (maybe even 2) at his side to win a championship. Harden has had that one season in his prime - CP3 in 2018. Which of course resulted in a championship caliber team.

WB is not that guy these playoffs.

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd be more optimistic if the Rockets could demonstrate even a high school level ability to perform in the 4th quarter. And yet...they do not...

bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

14. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

If the Rockets play the Lakers, does that mean that China will not be able to watch the games?

D-rock and tinman like this.
  15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Confirmed

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

This is the most uneasy I can remember feeling about a pivotal playoff game. Not too confident, I hope James carries us to the W.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just pray Gallo stays cold all game. Once this dude starts hitting his shots, it feels like he never misses again. Maybe we should consider picking him up.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when he played vs gsw last year he couldnt buy a shot when it mattered and clippers lost

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yea, when he goes cold, he goes freezing cold. I thought he was going to be cold last game after a couple misses then after he hit his first shot, he just couldn't miss again.

bro2044 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope the virtual fans make some noise for this one