1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's Greatness Test

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jb86, Aug 18, 2020.

1. jb86

jb86 Member

Throughout the years James Harden has been here, every playoffs there is a test that he has to pass to get to the next level. Unfortunately, he has not been able to pass this particular test. Russ will have to take the test too at some point. But for the most part James Harden is the one that has to pass this test. He going to have to take over games and completely dominate this years playoffs. I believe that he is the type of player that plays better when he is mad. He has to tap into that Jordan/Kobe killer instinct. ClutchFans will he do it? I think he can and he will. What do y'all think?

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just curious who do you think would have replaced Harden and guaranteed Houston a chip and passed this test for sure?

Air Canada and D-rock like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Troll thread. Hardens greatnesses is proven

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Evidence that Harden plays better when he’s mad? All his best games and moments didn’t come with anger as the motivation. If anything, he might start pressing and forcing up ill-advised shots if mad trying to go at his man. He might start getting offensive fouls by pushing his defender who’s denying him the ball.

this killer instinct stuff is so played out tbh...look, MJ and Kobe weren’t winning sh*t without a ton of talent even with all that killer instinct...Kobe was a low 40 wins and 1st round exit twice, while missing the playoffs entirely another year

I know people love to blame Harden for everything, but man, our role players have got to step up or we’re not gonna do anything...Harden can average 35, but it won’t matter if everyone else is shooting 20 or low 30% from 3 on mostly wide open looks...the way EG has been playing has been shameful

fryjol7, snowconeman22, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Greatness confirmed. Greatest is still a possibility.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Steph Curry and Kevin Durant

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

AND
    or
    OR?

9. riko

riko Member

Stephanie in hardens role would be a paraplegic by now. Give me a break. A brittle three point shooter playing through the physical contact harden takes? Hahaha . Only guy I can think of who could play the way harden plays through the contact is LeBron and he has been using human growth hormone since his early 20s

Harden is the only guy in the league teams double team from the tip to the final buzzer and yet he still leads the league in points and always is amongst the assists leader and is durable as ***. Stop it with that crap.

#9 riko, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Fchowder to his credit that harden is playing on both ends and hard has stopped his complaining

D-rock likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

there's been no games since last week. I give him, oh, six more hours ;)

D-rock likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've always said he's been a top 5 player in the league year in and year out for the past 7 years. I just have issues when people claim he's as good as someone like Jordan or Kobe while not taking into context eras and how they impact statisitical averages. He's a top 25 all time great player. With one ring he'll be up to top 20 or top 15.

ronclone and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

just teasing. I agree your arguments about Harden are way better than most people give you credit for.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I would say there was one season where I did have really bad takes and that was 2015-2016 season. But a lot of people were really upset in that season and that was probably Harden's worst season as a Rocket.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

well, at least they weren't @DaDakota -level bad takes

ronclone, Roc Paint and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

I find him too wholesome to attack him lol. He does have some hot takes but his heart is always in the right place.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

disagree. he's too quick to call people stupid. plus he's got violent tendencies when it comes to topics discussed in other CF forums. other than that, his fondness for DMo is wholesome enough I suppose

18. jb86

jb86 Member

Now its Game 7 people. Here is the test that I was talking about. This game is for Harden to show up and lead his team to victory. For the superstar players like James, you have to put your arms around the team and take them with you to the top. Will he pass the test? I think so. He needs to. I told y'all that this test was going to come.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

In DD's defense, his absolute worst takes almost always have come right after an agonizing loss.

He says the things the rest of us think in the moment, but know we'll have reconsidered after taking the time to reflect.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man harden can score 50 and rockets may lose if ego or russ continue the sabotage job

jb86 likes this.