1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you watching game 7?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Are you going to watch game 7?

1. Yes

72.2%
  2. No

27.8%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like y even call yourself rockets fan if u dont watch it till the end? Stupid post, if u cant support the bad and only like the winning might as well b a band wagoner.

Invisible Fan, Patience and ashleyem like this.
  2. pippsux

pippsux Member

Me too, but work never stopped me before, won’t stop now.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We've known since the team traded for Westbrook that they had a fairly low ceiling, so the team struggling in the playoffs shouldn't be a reason for fans not to watch. That decision should be based on other factors.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to watch.

I might put my foot through the screen before the night is over but I'll watch..

jcmoon, bmelo, Surfguy and 5 others like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean yes. It's a game 7 Rockets game. But it's really going to be depressing if they lose because this team has a bleak future. We still have some MVP level years of Harden left I think but it's obvious that the roster around him isn't going to be looking so hot from here on out.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember watching game 7 2018 at a neighborhood bar with some non-Rocket fans friends. Thankfully the screens were up high so I couldn't reach them with my feet. Also good thing the staff and friends knew me so they kept me sedated.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I watch a lot of games on DVR delay to avoid commercials and because Im usually trying to get the kids to sleep at 9, but honestly I may check the score before tuning into this one. It's either meh, outlasted inferior opponent or embarrassing loss.

For real when dumbass Russ didn't pass to Harden and give him a chance for buzzer beater series clincher last night, I basically lost interest. That's almost enough to make the trade a failure

MettaWorldPete, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It was an emotional post. I think most who said 'no' will watch.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  9. Rocketeer4Life

I totally agree. I know its a long shot. But I just feel the worst is going to happen, just like our last game 7 with the Warriors, when the Rockets missed 27 threes. Or the 2005 Game 7, 1st round playoff series against the Mavs where we were totally blown out. Still traumatized from those game 7s...

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I'll be watching and honestly I think I will feel relief either way. The Rockets win they move on so thats a big relief. They lose then at least MDA is finally gone which is another huge relief.

I do think this team does need to shoot 3s and all but the fact they they've gone completely away from the mid range bothers me. Yes I understand what is an "efficient" shot vs what is not but at the same time scoring 2 points is way better than not scoring any points at all. Thats what made the 2017-18 Rockets dangerous with Paul and his midrange game. Harden and others are not nearly as good as Paul but they aint terrible either. I would like to see a bit more varied offense so its not as easy for a team to scheme and defend.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is why Morey also should be fired!

Leave Rockets with his BS basketball theory.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is why Morey also should be fired!

Leave Rockets with his BS basketball theory.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

If we're up 25 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th I'll watch because we can't POSSIBLY lose that big a lead in that short amount of time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course I’m going to watch it. You would have to pry my cold dead fingers off the remote to stop me.

Patience likes this.
  15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yes.

It's a beautiful kind of pain.

16. HookemHorns1250

Yup.

Didn't think the votes would be as close as this on a...you know, Rockets website. I'm not starting some rant on what makes a true fan or not, I'm just legitimately confused as to why someone would spend their time posting on a rockets website if they aren't even going to watch a game 7. You'd think you'd just stay off the site completely.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I also have zero faith but I will be watching. I'm just glad we have the home court. o_O

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't forget that your kids will probably have a driver's permit by the time we've finished surrendering all the first round picks we owe as part of that trade.

SamFisher likes this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Yes. Going to watch Game 1 of Rockets vs. Lakers too.

BigDog63 likes this.