1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FDA willing to approve Covid-19 vaccine without waiting for end of trials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Same as the Flu.

Those who dont take it risk getting sick?

2. body slam

body slam Member

I got a feeling that this is how the zombie apocalypse gets started

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Vaccine Makers Plan Public Stance to Counter Pressure on FDA

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ance-to-counter-pressure-on-fda?sref=leQ3i2ya

Drugmakers are planning a public pledge to not send any Covid-19 vaccine to the FDA for review without extensive safety and efficacy data, according to people familiar with the effort.

The joint stance is seen as a bulwark against political pressure being applied on the Food and Drug Administration to get a vaccine out as soon as possible. It is likely to be announced in a multi-company statement as soon as next week. The plans, which could still change, were described by people involved in the effort on condition of anonymity.

The companies involved in the discussions include Pfizer Inc., Moderna Inc., Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Sanofi and possibly others. All are developing vaccines for Covid-19.

“I can say with complete authority that no company wants to have anything approved but under the strictest standards, the gold standard at the FDA,” said Jim Greenwood, the former head of BIO, the trade group representing biotechnology companies.

“It’s in no biopharmaceutical company’s interest to have a product provided to patients that isn’t proven to be completely safe and effective,” Greenwood said in an interview.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My wife and I would be some of the first in line. Our workplace would likely require it.

I don't know how I feel about being the first in line to take a vaccine that has, by all definitions, been rushed to the masses. I'd rather get covid, potentially.

I sure as hell don't want my wife to get it. She's pregnant, due in December, and is a nurse. She's waiting until after December.

RayRay10 likes this.