1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Law and order teen charged with murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Did I ever say that? Lol

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mentioned earlier. Sometimes you might be able to judge a book by its cover.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A graphic and, in my opinion, entirely accurate description of this mentally disturbed person.

It is absolutely debatable. The young man illegally went to another state with a high caliber firearm and put himself into the middle of a situation he had no business being involved in. He was looking for trouble, living out a fantasy, in my opinion, fed to him by the Alt-Right that has done so much to cause the trouble we are seeing in some of these cities. Extremists being constantly urged on by trump and, sadly, this disturbed fellow is one of them.

He will pay a price for his actions. trump, however, will not and he will be defended by you and others like you, who like what trump is doing. Who do nothing but make excuses for the violence trump encourages. You should be ashamed to do so but, of course, you are not. You relish defending the coward.

Reeko, VooDooPope, mdrowe00 and 4 others like this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's really a fundamental problem in the country right now. A right winger gets the presumption of innocence and a rabid defense by all right wing media, a left winger gets the presumption of guilt and a rabid attack by all right wing media. It doesn't even matter if the person is an attacker or a victim.

You can even extend that to the police. Here is a white kid from out of state in illegal possession of a firearm approaching a bunch of police after a shooting the police obviously heard while a city wide curfew is in effect and he's allowed to pass right through. Earlier in the night, again while a curfew was in effect, the police give him water and tell him how much they appreciate him being there instead of citing or arresting him for breaking curfew. It's just blatantly encouraging vigilantism.

Deckard, Reeko, jchu14 and 3 others like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I thought that letter was over the top but I guest it helps taint the jury pool and publicly gives there opening statement.

I thought it was interesting that they mentioned the gunshot but then said the guy was trying to take his gun away so he fired in self defense, so what did the gunshot have to do with anything?

Makes me think he heard the gunshot and then just turned around and fired wildly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

A modern day folk hero. Inspirational.
    [​IMG]

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

His ass looks really sweet in that pic. I wanna git me some snowgunners.
    I wanna make s'mores with that marshmallow.

P.S. After it turns 18.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You have the posting habits of a school shooter.

Reeko, Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Syrup or jelly?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

The letter serves no purpose other than to be a rallying cry to the far right. A large part of the reason is that the firm is not working for free, they want to raise money to pay for the kids legal bills and that kind of letter will garner donations. The letter had all the classic far right wing rallying language.

Before someone asks, yes I would point out if it had left wing language in it.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These lawyers sound like opportunists looking to cash in. Not surprising that a firm would want to take this case on just for the notoriety.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will say again even accepting that he Rittenhouse's reasons for being there this is a 17 year old.. I was pointing out to a friend who like me has worked with LE and also has done private security that no PD would hire a 17 year old, I don't think they legally can. And no serious private security firm would hire a 17 year old.

More irresponsibility from Kenosha PD and those upholding him as a folk hero are just going to put more people in danger.

Andre0087, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

This particular attorney and a few others in his firm are closely aligned with the extreme right. It is essentially their business model, they want to get the high profile cases so that their business will grow. There are some attorney's like that on the extreme left as well, but they are usually less transparent.

They will claim that they are principled but at the end of the day, this is a money grab, just like it is for 95% of high profile lawyers. When I saw that the firm wasn't doing this pro bono, but is appealing to conservatives to pay his legal bills, it got a cynical chuckle from me. Not only get the publicity from taking a high profile case BUT get paid from many of the same people that gave money to Bannon for the wall.... it reminds me of the fools that used to give money to the televangelists.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

2021 is gonna be a hell of a year for major trials. Maxwell, Chauvin, Rittenhouse, and so many more.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you support terrorists?

Reeko, London'sBurning and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Many police forces in the mid west are very poorly trained, poorly educated and are used to not being questioned. The DA typically avoids problems with the local police force, as the DA and the judges are typically former prosecutors and have relationships with the police departments.

People do not realize how backwards some things are in the Mid West because movies portray the South and the "backwards yokels" and there is little discussion about the racism, segregation, the poverty and long established social order that exists in the Mid West. Just one example is Sundown Towns....... they have studied the issues and found there are currently less than 5 sundown towns in Mississippi, 20 in Alabama..... there are over 200 in Illinois and over 150 in Indiana.

jiggyfly, rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.