1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 14, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Poll closed Aug 17, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

5.6%
  2. Clippers in 5

16.7%
  3. Clippers in 6

38.9%
  4. Clippers in 7

11.1%
  5. Mavs in 7

16.7%
  6. Mavs in 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

11.1%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes not gone hes with us we are him he is us

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i liked luka committing a blatant offensive foul, then throwing the ball at the ref, and the ref holding such a harden-level vendetta against him that he...made one of the weakest make-up calls ever for the mavs. really, you think we didn't notice you calling paul george for a "push-off" 45 feet from the basket 2 seconds after the golden boy had a foul called on him?

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Not scared of the Clippers at all, they got lucky. Had Porzingis not been ejected and had played, I swear this series would've been won by Dallas, 90% sure of it. Lakers are a bigger obstacle.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The mature kid.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clippers could say the same thing.

Bev is going to be healthy and be a WB stopper.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Kawhi gets the weakest calls, my god.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't get why teams don't double Kawhi in these situations. He's literally going to hit almost every single shot right now.

bmelo, daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Jazz or Nuggets have a good shot at LAC though. Their best players are bigs and so they can theoretically be a matchup issue for the Clippers.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, Carlisle definitely stubborn in this case.

TWS1986 and JayGoogle like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

reggie jackson has been huge for the clippers in the 4th

jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Kawhi time > Luka time

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Happy and sad Luka is gone from the playoffs. Fun to watch but I'm a hater and hate to see him succeed. Media has turned me into a hater. I apologize for my b****asness, I'm working on it.

TWS1986, CometsWin, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Clippers still look good without Morris and Beverley.... They are going to be a tough out if we get past the lakers.... it would be a dog fight. I can easily see a fight break out. Harrell, Morris and Beverley are dirty. I can see Harrell trying to throw elbows into harden in the post trying to hurt him.

that said if we can beat the Lakers and clippers harden will finally get his due props.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I think JVG discussed this last year when Kawhi was playing out of his mind versus the sixers.

Its a lot harder to double team a ball handler in the mid post, elbow and mid-range, especially with a live dribble, as it leave the defense so vulnerable. In the paint or trapping a pick and roll or out on the 3 point line, the defense has a lot more time & space to recover.

That said, you're probably right - doubling is probably the right strategy lol. kawhi is such an incredible playoff performer and really jordan-like in his ability to control the game and situation, almost always getting to his spots and shots. When the pressure/defense is on, this ability is probably the most valuable and rare in a player... Jordan had it, Hakeem, Duncan, all the greats had it - the ability to get to their spot, their shot when it mattered. Kawhi's got it IMO.

bmelo, likestohypeguy and JayGoogle like this.
  17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree. Kawhi's mentality is his #1 strength and is what makes him a championship-level leader despite his introverted nature. If he had elite athleticism, we would have the closest thing to Jordan that we've seen. Even closer than Kobe. As is, though, Kawhi is not as reliable as Jordan in last-second situations. He doesn't have the quickness or the lift required to get off a good shot when the defense knows that he has to shoot.

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not quite a hater but the press he gets is crazy. That flagrant foul just looked like a regular 1980's foul. He flopped to the ground and then people were ready to fight. Same as Schroder last night. Oh lord.

DonkeyMagic and DreamShook like this.
  19. likestohypeguy

Yep. And I'd add KD and Latrell Sprewell in there too. KD for different reasons- so tall and such a good shooter, he can basically "get to his spot" any time it matters bc his spot is anywhere he decides to pull up.

& Latrell for obvious reasons-

[​IMG]

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

It's not only mentality thing. It's hands/palming the ball along with superstar-ability thing. I swear those big hand dudes are always best performers in playoffs Kawhi basically just grabs the ball and throws it into the hoop from midrange and with ability to control the ball all the way from the ground to the release + adjust in midair without lousing touch is what makes him unstoppable