1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

whew! wasn't expecting WMT to be involved in the deal. I had a WMT call which was down to 1cent value expiring tmr, and then boom. Quickly closed it for 3x return.

peleincubus and CCity Zero like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice! Yeah, when my options go awful, no reason to give up at 1 cent, haha, it's wonderful if you can catch those. I didn't expect WMT either (on being involved).

saitou likes this.
  3. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Closed out for a nice gain. Thanks again. I would have held on longer but I thought I had read NBA is big streaming client so figured I'd just take some profits in case the playoffs are dead, etc.

adoo likes this.
  4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

not sure what y'all are talking about, just buy tsla.

5. adoo

adoo Member

had 2 positions on this short squeezer

Sept 4 105 strike CALL, exited for ~105% gain in ~ 7 trading days
    Oct 15 108 strike CALL, will ride to near / or thru ERS on 2 Sept, AMC​

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I go to sleep and wake up to WMT possibly being in the deal. Wow, what an odd combo. There’s probably some angle I’m not thinking about.

saitou likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, no joke on that.

Sajan likes this.
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

china loves msft and wmt. they do a lot of business there.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

I wonder how how high these stocks will soar. 1400 to 2238 in less than 3 weeks. insane. reddit is right. stonks only go up.

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

new update,

NBA players have reversed their decision; they NBA playoff continues.
    AKAM has been green all day today

[​IMG]

#11310 adoo, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  11. adoo

adoo Member

an analyst on CNBC is throwing this out there

WMT and MSFT to partner together to provide an offer that the TikTok founder, a fomer MSFT employee, can't refuse.
    ORCL doesn't have the wherewithal to be even close to matching

• what's in it for WMT, access to TikTok users base, at the expense of AMZN
    • what's in it for MSFT, gaining two large customers for its Azure cloud service, at the expense of Google cloud
    he expects the deal to be completed before this coming Monday

#11311 adoo, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    dmoneybangbang and Sajan like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but China isn't in the driver's seat here because there's a deadline (albeit maybe a changing one). There are other weird forces at work. First, why is Oracle even in this? Second, Microsoft has enough money to buy TikTok by themselves - why is it a joint operation? Third, if it's a joint buyout, how is this split up : Microsoft taking the server-side and Walmart taking everything else? (I would guess Fastly would get hit if this happens)

No clue what all is going on, but I'm curious how this is going to pan out or what the reasoning is.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I just saw that after posting my response above. Makes sense, I guess. A Cowen analyst is saying something similar in that WMT could be doing it just to gain access to the Gen Z crowd. I figured going after a younger demographic would be a reason, but still can't wait to see what they do. They did something similar with their acquisition of Jet.com and that turned out well, I think (or at least modernized them a bit). I'm already in MSFT, and I wanted to buy some WMT a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't decide between them and TGT. Maybe this will swing me in the direction of WMT.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sorry for the continuous TIk Tok news, but now it's kind of making sense. Also interesting that some are saying the deal could get done in the next 48 hours. These would've been some mega-cap partnerships (and still may be) :

Walmart wanted to be majority owner of TikTok, and was teamed up with Alphabet and SoftBank before Microsoft

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/27/wal...ktok-stake-teamed-with-alphabet-softbank.html
    • Walmart wanted to be the majority owner of TikTok, but the U.S. government demanded a technology company that could secure the company’s data be the lead investor, sources say.

• Walmart was originally in a consortium with Google-parent Alphabet before switching in recent days to partner with Microsoft when it became clear the retailer would not be able to lead the deal.

• TikTok is set to choose between the Microsoft-Walmart offer and a bid from Oracle in the next 48 hours.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If I were tiktok's owners I would just wait till the election. It might soon pass Instagram in users.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Been following Novavax ever since in jumped from the 20's to 40's in May. Never pulled the trigger and was kicking myself on its rise to 178, but man that's the most swingy pharma stock I've seen this year - it's at 107 now.

18. adoo

adoo Member

this MACD cross-over has pan out, it is breaking out. 20 dma is bouncing of the 50 dma

[​IMG]
    just my guess, it will break thru the purple trend line, ~ 121, by the end of Aug

CCity Zero, Dream Sequence and saitou like this.
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I have a weird suspicion that Walmart may buy Roku...