1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leftist here.

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This is the way I see it.

Silver supports the BLM movement and does anything or everything the players want to promote change which is totally the right thing to do, why disrupt a relationship between yourself and organization that supports your cause?

I totally get the statement that is, powerful celebrity like people (Athletes) making a stand for change, but is there any concrete requests that they want from the NBA that caused this strike?

I’m aware they were considering not playing before the bubble but the NBA has shown a lot of support to BLM movements in these past weeks of the renewed season, don’t know what they can do other than maybe support black political leaders economically? Not sure. It’s a tough problem to fix outright, just don’t think you should negatively affect someone that’s trying to help you.

Easy, daywalker02 and JayGoogle like this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Are you gonna come over here and argue between 60% vs 100%? And one person's opinion riles you up that much just because he's POTUS? Dude is a piece of ****, call him that and move on with your life...

I'm ****ing ready to sign a check to whoever for reparations and be done with it, and I'm not even ****ing white. There's no ****ing clear list of demands, and how it fixes the situation with cops at all.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Lovemachine2000

You are just about the dumbest fnck I've seen on this board. The irony of your unadulterated ignorance.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Again, exactly what change are they requesting the influence of those $$$s having? Do they want the police defended? Do they want more money to Police so they can hire better quality officers? Is it solely about the officers in this most recent incident being charged? I would like to know the exact changes that they are protesting be made so I at least understand the need for the protest and what they want the big $$$ to push for.

Child trafficking is horrible, as is black men being treated inhumanity by some police officers ... Protesting against child trafficking wouldn't make sense unless there was some real law or action you want specifically taken, either. Not saying they don't have that, but I have not heard any specifics from NBA players, other than we want change.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don’t think this is going to work out the way they expect it to. We were all without basketball for 5 months. People adjust.

Liberals will applaud this. Conservatives will roll their eyes. Everyone will move on to something else tomorrow.

I love this game. Hope the league recovers.

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

This will accomplish nothing.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  8. Rocketsfan3422

immediately jump to me being racist.... Unreal, I defend China and I'm racist.... When your have no point your go too is racist.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Like I said

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s amusing watching you stand up on your soap box and speak with such certainty on matters you know little about, specificity what’s exactly going on in a players head.

I’ll wager 10 bucks to the tip jar that the season isn’t canceled.

s3ts likes this.
  11. Rocketsfan3422

Likewise

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

cool. lets do it. you had your chance. I'm literally watching players from multiple teams interviews about whats happening right now lol

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s a bet.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

All this talk about the players have to want something. It could be as simple as them not wanting to entertain folks during a pandemic while people that look like them keep getting murked like it's nothing. And if it's just that then that's their right and that will be ok. Now you may say "well don't cash your check" and that will be fair, but they don't have to entertain us.

"Dance monkey dance". No....

DVauthrin and Patience like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It takes time for change to happen but for the Bubble to continue to work people have to commit to it all the way.

Or just not start the Bubble.

A back and forth wouldn't benefit anyone.

Obito likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Now this is worth a discussion! Which regulation are we pushing for? And are we only pushing it in Wisconsin? On the Federal level? What are we trying to accomplish with what law?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think your brain should be able to separate these issues. Many people from 3rd world countries want to migrate to 1st world countries.

The US has a culture problem within many police departments regarding abuse of power and unequal treatment of citizens.

All of the above can be true. Being part of the first world and wanting to improve the society you live in is a good thing. We can agree to disagree on tactics, what should be improved, and the idea that wanting to improve doesn't mean you don't appreciate the society you live in.

20. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

The conversation will happen. The players need to be appeased before this season can go forward if the boycott is successful. They will demand some form of social change and the real influencers (Politicians, CEOs, Business and World Leaders. Not those social media influencers) will listen to the demands. If successful, I can see attorneys getting involved. It's like a hostage situation where the people that are holding hostage want certain things. In this case, the NBA players just pulled out guns and locked millions of dollars in a vault. If other leagues follow, that million will turn into Billions. Someone will have to make them happy in order to get that vault opened. If they really want change, the players demanding change will want some type of reform bills introduced in order for that vault to be opened.