1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 8/29/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 24, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

at this point I agree. That's why I don't think the playoffs will resume. 1 game doesn't do much

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

Just a random tweet, can't verify. Sounds about right though.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yes they have to continue this which I think they will

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure what it will accomplish. the casuals will probably forget about the nba after 2 days. even ticket-paying rocket fans seem to care little enough to show up for games

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

TNT is just going to play The Rock and Con Air on a loop. o_O

rgw20014life and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

it'll accomplish more than anything now. This will draw attention to a ton from owners, mainstream media, all the way up and down the chain

this is the entire NBA league were talking about here. Oh it will draw a ton of attention

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It’s the finals that is the big prize. Walk out on that and it reverberates forever.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

If true, sad to see Harden lose another year of his prime not being able to win a championship.

forchette49 and GradyMcTracy like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What sacrifice are really being made here by the players though? Do they really need the money from the bubble games? After leaving the bubble what is their reality?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the media and owners are already completely behind the movement, it's avg joe america that's disinterested and fine w/ the status quo and i just don't see how this boycott/cancellation would lift even one eyelash from them (sadly)

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. this will have an impact in a number of avenues especially if the teams just plan on going home completely tonight.

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This.

Racist ****s want the NBA to fail. They have 0 ***** to give regarding NBA players boycotting games.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the vast majority of them love the competition and the opportunity to play for a championship, and yes the money too. They wouldn't have made the choice to leave their families in the middle of a pandemic and live in a bubble, otherwise.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah because not playing basketball or playing basketball really doesn't matter to the ruling class people that allow injustice to continue to be a norm.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Players are quitting on the people who pay their bills my making a martyr of a gentleman who put his own kids in a life or death situation while under a police warrant for sexual assault.

I can’t get behind that. Ever.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if i had to guess, the players will not leave the bubble or cancel the season. 1) many still want the title 2) for the most part they still respect the owners, who would stand to lose big time 3) they have to think about next season and their future careers as well, so why piss off the owners AND fans

DeBeards and Cstyle42 like this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How is not playing basketball affect anything though? What are they actually doing to affect change? Are guys giving up enough or going to give up enough to actually change anything or will they just hide in the comforts of luxury and physical pleasure while complaining about the struggle of others that look like them? I guess we will see.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, what a shame. He has next year and maybe the year after that, and then it should be a wrap.

20. airflights92

airflights92 Member

I'd settle for more AEW