1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

After this year, I can maybe take one more year MAX of his sh*t.

Dumbass at times... runnin the players into the ground.

DaDakota and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can you imagine if this was a full 82 game season ? Harden can't play 60 minutes a game every season.
    sure, it's great to see 50 point games, but there's got to be some balance here.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

I truly believe Harden refugees to come out of the game more than MDA keeps him in. It looks the same.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

MDA and Morey have ruined James Harden. And they people who say "look at his stats since MDA joined". I don't ****ing care anymore. Those stats apparently are meaningless and don't translate to playoff victories. Harden has become so predictable it's sad.

DaDakota, J.R. and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

I told you nobody here cares about playoff victories
    They care about dumb stuff like bubble mvp and espn narratives like Luka vs Harden
    The fans who care about the team first are scarce

edwardc and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

I'm beginning to think there are a lot of Harden first fans who are "Rocket fans" just because of Harden.

I understand why some Rocket fans might place him in a pedestal that is beyond scrutiny as he has given us the second greatest era of Rocket basketball but the dude just has some of the oddest quirks for a superstar such as lack of stamina and endurance where it's so visibly obvious to the point where he routinely does his "Mcgrady in Toronto" impression routinely yet fans still run to his defense saying "it's for spacing purposes bro". How is having your best offensive threat not apart of the offense just standing near the half court line a good thing?

#966 fchowd0311, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    tinman likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Please tell me he played more than 9 minutes....he’s actually been a surprisingly good playoff player for us. Even MDA is not that stupid, my guess is that he was hurt or something.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

I sympathize with him cause I see his effort is there and he’s a much better defensive player than he was during the McHale era.
    He’s expelling too much energy running D’Antoni’s system.
    look at what the clippers and Toronto did with Kawhi. They managed his play time.
    Also I do think the 3 point game is overused.
    The problem is if he misses that’s a long rebound to the other team. A regular midrange or layup there’s a chance at the offensive boards.
    I don’t really need him to score 40.
    I’d rather have a balanced scoring attack and Harden used to finish off the 4th quarter strong

Rudyc281, fchowd0311 and TWS1986 like this.
  9. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Jack up some more 3's and do not shoot an open mid-range. Go Dan Toni go, and take this offense with u.

edwardc likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden basically never misses free throws
    His mid range game would be unstoppable

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just had a convo with a buddy who said why don’t harden take more midrange shots or why don’t we give it to him at the high elbow and let him go to work...I simply replied that isn’t our game that’s not MDA offense.

tinman likes this.
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am so ready for MDA to be gone. I am glad its the last year of his contract and there was no extension. How many more times do we need to relive the same **** over and over in the playoffs? MDA's dream rotation would be max 6 players in the playoffs and it seemingly kills him to have to play 7 let alone 8 or 9. Granted that the 8th or 9th guy probably shouldnt see more than 15 minutes a game but those minutes are valuable to get the starters more rest. Can't have Harden, PJ etc playing over 35 minutes a game constantly. Everyone was gassed at the end of game yesterday and when they are tired they start settling for jumpers and of course make mental mistakes.

Why Rivers only played 14 minutes yesterday is mind boggling. McLemore only playing 8 is ok considering how OKC kept attacking him on offense. Carroll should have played some minutes...oh wait thats right you never played Carroll in the meaningless restart games because you wanted to play Michael Frazier! MDA may be a genius and gives confidence to players but he destroys all that in the playoffs because he gets too stubborn and has no idea how to make adjustments. I do not find Donovan to be an amazing coach but he has been making adjustments and there is no surprise the Thunder have played better as the series has gone on.

tinman, DaDakota and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

MDA was the worst coach you could possibly find that is compatible with Harden's personality. The best coach for Harden's personality would be someone like JVG and Pop. You wouldn't see this many bad habits by our players if we had a accountable coach.

donkeypunch likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Losers^2

Regular season champs.

J.R. and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The DumbToni train is currently boarding-

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We need a big who can create their own offense and that isn’t MDA offense so he has to go.

Imanimal likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

At first it was somewhat kool now it’s becoming the norm and that is unacceptable and also unsustainable MDA has to go.

Imanimal and tinman like this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Please help him pack and go.

Dacamel and Imanimal like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

I also don’t really care if Harden drops 50
    I’m happy If he drops 20 and we win
    The people who only care about fantasy basketball points don’t care if we win the game

Rudyc281 and The_Yoyo like this.
  20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

One more year of playoff failure....no thank you!!!