1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Locked On Thunder host Rylan Stiles' opinion on James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Aug 23, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think it's a very reasonable take that only someone who gets easily triggered would be offended by.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Of course it was Harden's fault when the ref standing right there plus ESPN ref consultant confirmed that the foul was clearly on CP3.

But you keep being the hater and contrarian.

3. fchowd0311

It's Harden's fault that he turns into a sloth who relies on refs in end game situations. You'll hardly ever see Harden get off a clean look in closing moments in playoff games because he becomes a sloth and refuses to create separation against his defender on inbound plays and instead plays shoving matches hoping the refs bail him out. It looks kinda pathetic and hard to defend when you are watching these games with friends who are neutral fans. Harden does some embarrassing **** in closing moments of games in the playoffs. I don't know why. I thought his rest and conditioning would eliminate those issues bit it doesn't look like it.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Get better friends moron.

Who the F cares if you embarrass easy?

5. fchowd0311

You just keep ignoring the main jist. Why does Harden turn into a sloth in end game situations in the playoffs? It's so easy to deny him the ball.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are the one with the lazy sloth takes.

And it's "gist" genius.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I’ve listened to a couple of his podcasts following our wins. He’s obviously a homer and he will always give the OKC version of events. His audience is OKC fans, I’m sure they don’t want to hear about how great Houston is LOL.

Nook and burlesk like this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not to mention he said something about Harden pretending that his shoulder was hurt when I am pretty sure that thing has been hurt for a while now.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Nothing is wrong with being a homer. A homer take would be how he says Dort might be best defender of all time. This guy had a deep seeded hatred for James Harden. We have a Locked on Houston podcast and they do crossover podcasts during this series. I should send him that clip to make it awkward during their next one.

D-rock likes this.
  11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Doris was saying it should've been some sort of double foul

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

After begging Steve Javie to rule in favor of CP3 first.

YaoMingsSoulja, HP3 and napalm06 like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree with you about the Harden sloth thing.

Also, do you ever just give it a rest? Youre already known throughout the land as a one-agenda poster. You're not campaigning for president here.

D-rock, fchowd0311 and harold bingo like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

To be fair, anyone might have a hatred for a player who completely blew up into a full-fledged superstar the year after their dumbass team traded him.

napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Dumbest take on that play that I think I could ever hear. I get that he needs to be an OKC homer and somehow fill up an hour of content with news about that crappy team but come on. Harden went down bc CP3 was holding him and trying to get a call. If Harden doesn’t go down at the same time as CP3 then it’s going to be called as an offensive foul. Harden went down with CP to force the refs to make a call and I’m glad that he did. This was two extremely savy players who were reacting to each other and trying to get a call. If you ask me, they both flopped but CP was called for the foul bc initiated the contact or hold. That simple. No need to get your panties in bunch over it, dude.

16. fchowd0311

I'll be honest. I really don't care about my perception in the GARM anymore. There will always be irrational defenders on a homer message board and I've accepted that.

17. fchowd0311

Both players were holding on to each other and Harden was the one who tried to rely on the refs to call something because usually a superstar guard in that scenario doesn't just stand around hoping a shoving match gets the call. They actually move their feet and run to get an open look for the inbound passer to pass the ball to them.

I honestly don't get the obsession with Burke. She's not used to seeing superstar guards have WWE marches in those situations. She expected him to try to at least attempt to get open rather than playing a game of hug with CP3.

Burke isn't fond of Harden's plsystyle. It isn't because she's racist or because she's a woman or because she has some predisposed bias towards Harden from some past grudge. She just doesn't like his plsystyle and there are a lot of NBA fans who don't. Rocket fans still haven't gotten used to it and irrationally lash out.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gee, thanks. Very noble of you.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who said what? Cmon man dont give irrelevant takes or people your energy. The Harden Hate Effect borders on a QAnon level of logic among the basketball world where if something ISNT FACTUAL then they just play the redundancy card and try to will it into existence.

HTown vs The World .. aint nothing new.

D-rock likes this.