1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another officer shooting of black man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 23, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This time in Kenosha , Wi. I’m on my phone so difficult copying whole piece but here is the link.
    https://www.kare11.com/article/news...ha-wi/89-2d0ccfb3-a7d9-449d-8814-0a6c4449a3a7

There is a video of the shooting and it appears that the LEO is following the suspect with gun drawn. The suspect appears to try to get into his car while LEO try to stop him and then an LEO opens fire multiple times. Unclear what the suspect was doing at that moment from the video.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Sounds like they went easy on him.

Serious condition?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Suicide by cop or stupidity.

He wasn't obeying and was reaching inside his vehicle. They gave him ample warning.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have my volume low. What happens in that video at the end? Is that LEO or a civilian?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Usually when you fire bomb people bad things happen

RayRay10, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

He got hit in the head with a brick? That's why I couldn't be a cop. I'd have started shooting.

I have extreme empathy for those cops in that scene. I have no idea what happened on the shooting of this other guy, but that doesn't mean these cops here are bad people.

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

and won't be the last....

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if he wasn't a threat the LEOs were wrong. Even if they had reason to be wrong at some point they have to be held accountable.

If the LEOs truly acted in self defense, then I'm glad they are okay were able to act quickly enough to save their lives.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Commodore

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Defund the poleeeese

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Despicable.

Suspect of what?

#11 CometsWin, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Commodore

I wonder why cops were wary of this guy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Two Sandwiches

He's a terrible person, I get it. I know a lot of police defenders love to point that out in these cases.

I get that. People, overall, need to learn how to be taken into custody. A guy like this will never learn that. And people need to learn to respect law enforcement a little more. They have all the power in these situations, and they have to maintain the power and control at all costs. Some will take that too far. Most would never. That doesn't mean we hit another one in the head and render him unconscious (while others cheer) because he's wearing the uniform.

But this absolutely does not mean he deserves to be shot in the back in front of children. Police officers need to rely less on their guns and they need to get more training. They should be trained martial arts or wrestling and two of them should be able to take a guy like this down. Hell, use a billy club and then let due process put him away for twenty years.

Every time you or someone else essentially advocate for this type of police behavior, you're advocating for the potential of you, yourself, being shot by a LEO because of a technicality or a wrongful accusation. Think about that. In that moment, it does not matter what someone has done in the past.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This reminds me of a Bill Hick's bit

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Commodore

Not about deserved, its about a reasonable expectation of police posture toward a man with a history of violence resisting arrest and reaching into his vehicle

16. Two Sandwiches

I hear you. Don't you agree that the best approach would be to bring the guy down, as a team, as soon as he starts walking away? Tazing him is even a much better approach. These guys need to learn how to grapple and fight.

As I said, your logic invites the potential that something like that could happen to you, or me, on a wrongful accusation. I get that "we would never put ourselves in that situation", but you just never know what can happen.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you don't know whats his crime or if he's charged or being arrested but he's automatically a suspect LOL

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Suspect, as in suspected of something. Of course he's a suspect. Otherwise they wouldn't have been so interested in shooting him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

WHITE COP SHOOTS UNARMED BLACK MAN... Seven Times, Point-Blank

You see the man walking away from a few officers ... who appear to be telling him to stop, with guns drawn. He makes his away around a car in a nonthreatening manner, he opens the door and attempts to get inside. One of the cops grabs hold of his shirt, and for some inexplicable reason, he unloads seven rounds at arm's length. The victim was flown to a hospital and has been listed as being in serious condition.

Did the first six shots miss?
    Was the black man such a bad ass that the first six shots just bounced off?
    Was the LEO bad at counting and thought he only pulled the trigger once?
    etc.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Did the police have the info you have now?

if deadly posturing from police is reasonable from a perceived history and not actual threat, then perhaps police should only work on limited cases such as rape, murder, robberies, etcs ... and not certain cases such as non violence domestic arguments, mental illness, jay walking, traffic stop, etcs

this was a domestic call... I suspect most think it’s reasonable to not have a fight between families end up with the cop shooting one of the family member numerous times.

and in general, i think it’s not reasonable to have such a disregard for live

we can do much better

RayRay10 likes this.