1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I Always Hated Joe Kelly

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

You are back on the mound, missed last year after TJS. Do you feel as good as you look because last two starts, 12 2/3, 4 hits, 12K.

Yeah, I'm really starting to come around. I felt good the whole year but there's only so much you can re-create in scrimmage games & things of that nature. Getting out there and back in the game and in-game situations has been my biggest test. So far, so good. Happy with the way I'm throwing the ball this year. Had a tough inning in Arizona that will be the outlier for me. Other than that, recovering well. ... Feel like I have room to grow & I'm definitely doing that.

One thing that struck me watching you is you look so comfortable. That's not always the case. Look at a guy like Ohtani. He cannot make the ball go where he's trying to get it to go. You look like you. Do you feel that comfortable?

I do. I don't think my velo is all the way there yet. ... I feel calm when I'm on the hill. I feel like I'm able to dissect situations and think clearly. I do feel good out there.

I had a chance to watch your video about TJS & recovery. You had a statement along the lines of rehabbing your entire self and you're focused on right now time. What were you trying to convey to the audience about that experience?

Just my whole life. I've been someone that plans a lot, plans ahead, plans for the future. I used to be a guy, this sounds probably crazy but the schedule would come out & I would find out what slot in the rotation I was starting and I would start counting out these games and these starts. If I do this, it will lead me to here. If I pitch well, I'll make this much in arb. If I get to a big leagues at this age, I'll be a free agent at this age. I was always projecting myself into the future. During rehab, I really had to focus on the present. There is no guaranteed future. People think he'll get TJS and come back and be fine. That's not so much the case. For every great story you hear about TJS, there's a bad one. For every success story you hear, there's one not successful. My brother had TJS in college and never came back. I've had multiple friends who had it, even some in the minor leagues and never came back. I was well aware of the risks but I figured if I put myself in the moment and gave myself each day to those individual moments, they would add up & it'd be enough in the end. I've kinda stayed in that state. I feel much more relaxed. I don't feel a lot of outside pressures or projected pressures that I used to put on myself. I find myself being much more clear minded.

Let's ask about your team. How different is life under Dusty Baker vs. life under AJ Hinch.

They're both great managers. Nothing but love for AJ. I'm close with him & his family. I still think he's a great manager & great man. They're definitely opposite. Dusty is more laid back. AJ is more intense. He'll drop the thousand mile stare every now and then. You can definitely...AJ was very good at communicating with his players. Dusty is as well but Dusty is more laid back. He kinda lets the game flow. They're both great men & great leaders. Dusty is more old school than AJ, rightfully so. My dad played against Dusty. It's been cool for me. He tells a lot of old stories. Never shies away from telling you about his playing days or how it was then. I never knew anything else as far as a manager other than AJ so being able to see Dusty & getting to know him has been cool. One of my favorite players of all time is Barry Bonds so I used to watch Dusty manage him in the early 2000s. It's been cool to have him around.

How has data been integrated? Any difference with Dusty in charge?

I don't think so. Shifts seem pretty normal to me. Everything seems to be flowing well. I've seen a little more intentional walks than I'm used to, things of that nature.

You had none last year.

Yeah, we had none. I've seen quite a few this year already. It's just different. Not that it's bad or good, just a different way. Dusty kinda blends an old school mindset with new school data, very similar to Brent Strom in that way. I've always appreciated that about Strommy. He doesn't just look at the numbers or just the eye test. He kinda blends the two & get the best out of both. It's been a good experience.

You've said you miss the fans, at home and on the road. How often do you think about how different life would have been for your team if fans were in the stands on the road?

We've only had one road trip and we kinda sucked on it so I don't think it would have made a big difference in that aspect. It's funny because I remember warming up for the ALCS game in New York in 2017, pitching game four, I was a little nervous on the bus ride to the stadium that day. I got to the field and as soon as I started getting chirped at from Yankees fans, it actually locked me in. I got focused. "We're here to play ball." I've never been mad or salty at fans for yelling or booing. There definitely would have been a lot of boos this year. I miss it. I miss the people. I moved to Houston as soon as I could after I made my debut here when my wife graduated from her Masters program. I just love this city, love the community, the people are a big part of that. I miss them. Cardboards don't quite do them justice and the noise being played sounds like my baby's noise machine. It's definitely something I miss this year, especially in big moments. The crowd really does carry you. You'd be surprised.

One of the vibes I got in Spring Training was the mission of your team was to try and feed off that. If every game you played on the road, the soundtrack would have been banging trash can lids. How would that have affected your group? Is it possible you would have fed off the hatred?

Maybe, I'm not sure. Next year, hopefully we're somewhat back to normal & have fans in the stands, I'm sure the leftover spite will be there. I'll let you know next year. I don't know. I can't answer that. We went on the road, won maybe 2 or 3 games and I'm sure if fans were there, the story line would be we can't win on the road because the fans hate us. Sure enough, we go on the road with no fans and lose anyways. We gotta bite that bullet. It is what it is. I'm never gonna tell someone how they should or shouldn't feel. They have their right to be however they want to be as long as nothing physically harming comes into play. I don't know. I'll have to let you know next year if fans are back.

Back in Spring Training, Dusty spoke a lot about turning the page, forgiveness, moving on. Have you found that to be his approach as manager?

We had a big meeting that first day. Basically it was the meeting, we spoke openly about things we had been going through and said from this day forward, we're the 2020 Astros being managed by Dusty Baker. We're moving forward. The world doesn't have to move forward with us but us as a collective group we'll put our best foot forward this season. There haven't been any more conversations about it here. I get tagged in 70K posts a day about it but that's life. Whether because I'm older or don't quite care as much anymore, the social media stuff, when my rehab came & went, the social came & went as well. I'm not really so worried about it anymore as I was when I was young. That's been good for me as well. Really & truly, we are trying to move on as a group. I apologized for it. We as a group apologized for it. I stood there in my locker for 40 minutes during Spring Training and answered every question under the sun about it. I know some people thought the press conference, they didn't like it or what we said in the locker room didn't do it for them but I said what I had to say and we apologized for it as a group. We're onward.

donkeypunch likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

You've had two bench-clearing incidents. Let me start by asking about Joe Kelly. He's had stuff to say about you guys, you guys about him. I'm sure you're aware he was on the Big Swing Podcast, hosted by teammate Ross Stripling. He said some stuff. He said you're cheaters. You ruined other people's lives to save your own name. He said you snitched on your manager & coaching staff, particularly Alex Cora, who was his old manager. I'm gonna let you hear what he said about disparity in punishment for you guys vs. himself after those benches cleared. ... Lance, just curious, how would you respond?

You guys are really trying to get me in trouble on this podcast. Listen, listen. After the incident, I was asked about it in the media. I said it was unprofessional and that made national news apparently. I said throwing behind our guys head was unprofessional and I guess people were mad that I used the word unprofessional with the things that have come out about our team. Maybe that wasn't the right word. I think people understand that we had a guy in our locker room say that he doesn't mind the way baseball polices itself. But Doug knows throwing three 97 MPH fastball at guy's dome isn't the way it's done. If you are going to be the person that carries the big stick, if you are going to be the holier-than-thou, you better do it the right way. That was our biggest issue with it. Not only that, after he threw behind him, he picked off four times, throwing the ball 100 MPH at first, throwing it really low probably in attempt to clip Breggy when he was diving back to first and it was just...he trying to say that...he started that issue with what he said after he struck Carlos out. Citing the "Oh I didn't get close", Joe was scared. Carlos isn't the right dude to mess with. It is what it is. I'm beyond it. He got his 5 games. It is what it is. And by the way, there was only one snitch and that's the person that spoke to The Athletic.

There's a big misconception that players were given immunity in this investigation. To my understanding, the MLBPA & MLB have an agreement in the CBA that says any sort of team investigations, the players won't be punished for. We didn't negotiate immunity like it has been said or portrayed that way. That is just a byproduct of the CBA that we all signed & agreed to and the outcome of the investigation unfortunately fell at the feet of AJ & Jeff.

I was just thinking about the part of policing itself, when you overlay this on a pandemic, there's really different risks about getting into fights. But the policing has shifted a little bit. Now the league has to step in earlier. If you wait for the fight to happen, you're already too late. What do you think the league can do to get ahead of it without compromising the culture that has this internal policing.

The players that want to be the police men need to act accordingly. If you want to hit Alex Bregman, and he's said this multiple times, hit him in the ass and let's move on with life. If you you're upset about that, then let's just do it and get on with it. I've seen guys get hit in the face & shatter orbital bones & never play baseball again. I've seen a lot of nasty stuff when the ball gets up beyond the head. We saw Stanton's injury multiple years ago and it was like 89 MPH, you saw the damage it did. Imagine getting hit in the face with 100 MPH that some guys out here like Joe Kelly that threw behind Bregman possesses. You're talking about life-altering physical damage. Like I said, if you are going to be the one that steps up and says I don't like what they did, I have a problem with it and I want to handle it, do it the way it's supposed to be done. If you want to be the dean, you need to follow the law then.

Do we think this is over? You're going to play the A's & Dodgers again. I'm wondering if those two incidents are saying how other teams feel about your team & what they intend to do about it.

So far it's been a lot of yelling. No one has done too much. The Laureano situation was isolated. I don't think there will be any fallout from that. We're not trying to go out here & start anything. We're trying to play ball. I don't know. You guys can have Joe on your podcast. He seems very chatty-catty about it. You can ask him if it's done and ask him about their investigation while you're at it.

What do you think the options are for an opposing team? What is the best way for the game to move on? Do you think baseball got it right or do you think there's a way to move forward in a better way? I guess I'm asking about the shoe being on the other foot.

My shoes are on my feet. I'm not here to...like I said, I'm not gonna tell anyone how they should or shouldn't feel. They asked me in my press conference when I said unprofessional. People were mad I used that word. They asked if Joe Kelly should be suspended. I said 'That's not my job.' If the benches wouldn't have cleared, there would be no suspension. I guarantee you if he hit Bregman on a 0-0, 1-0 heater in the butt, Bregman would have jogged to first and there wouldn't be a problem. Teams or people will feel how they want to feel. Joe wasn't on that team. Joe was on a different team, also investigated for the same thing and their analytic guys were penalized. He was on that team. Did baseball get it right? I don't know. I know a manager got fired, a GM got fired. It'll never be good enough. The whole franchise could be dismantled and it wouldn't be good enough. It is what it is. People are allowed to feel how they want to feel. People can seek retribution how they want to and that's on them.

There is a new agreement between the union and MLB that would give the commissioner the right to impose discipline if there's an investigation of this sort in the future. If that had been in place when MLB was investigating the Astros, how would that have affected how players responded when MLB was asking the questions.

I don't know. I wasn't asked anything. I'm a pitcher. I was on the team but like I said, one of the biggest things I continue to see, one of the biggest issue players seem to have is this notion that we or the MLBA negotiated immunity for players in that instant moment & we all just rolled. That's not the case at all. These players have no idea what this investigation was like, the length MLB went to beyond speaking to players. Speaking to players was probably the least part of their whole investigation. I can't go into it because I don't know how much I can or can't say. The notion players negotiated immunity, players then were interviewed & rolled on everyone to save their selves isn't the case. That's as much as I can say. That's not what happened. That's not how this went down. If that's what people are upset about, then I guess we can move on because that's not how it happened.

It was fascinating how players on other teams reacted to that when they'd be in the same position.

It's uneducated. People don't take the time to pick up phone and call their agent or the PA and understand that's not how this went down. We didn't ask the PA to negotiate immunity. The PA didn't actively negotiate immunity for the players in this certain instance. It was already in the CBA that players can't be punished for team investigations. Like you said, there's a new agreement in place where they can be. Over and over and over again I see players b****ing about that specific thing. If that's what they're mad about, they can stop being mad. That's totally inaccurate. I can't say that they couldn't have come to that conclusion with the way some of it has been dictated or spoken about from other parties but that's not how this went down. Once that report came out in The Athletic, that was it. There's no need to talk to players when you have that information. Like I said, that's not what happened. Players are continuously, media is continuously running this false narrative, continuously advocating for this head hunting season of the Astros. It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

I can only imagine how tiresome the whole plot line must be.

It's just not accurate. It's just not accurate. The media has not portrayed this accurately at all. The players haven't taken the time to try & understand what happened at all. People like keep saying 'Joe Kelly served more suspension than the Astros players.' Like bro, we couldn't get suspended. It was a rule in the CBA that protected all players from all 30 clubs. No one could get suspended. No one could get fined as a player. You saw a GM get fired and a manager get fired. Like I said, it's never enough. That's part of the world. That's part of cancel culture. They would want to see us hanging from a stake and maybe they'd say it was enough. It's not bothersome other than the fact people are just wrong.

The changes in your pitching staff because of free agency, injuries has been incredible. Without Verlander, Cole, you & Greinke have to front this staff. How different is that for you?

You can't replace those pitchers. Justin has been a force since he entered the league but as far as being on the same staff as him, he's been a force. Cole, the transformation he made from Pittsburgh GC, a pretty damn good version to who he is now. Dallas Keuchel is no longer with us, someone who is about as reliable as they come. Charlie Morton...the list goes on. In 2017, that whole first half, the way Dallas & I threw the ball at the front of our rotation. I've been asked to carry loads before. Unfortunately I haven't been able to be healthy for long periods of time to carry that load but I've done it in stretches. All we can do is put our best foot forward. We have a lot of young pitchers who have been throwing the ball well and a bullpen, a lot of young guys have stepped up. We have to continue to put it together & play good baseball.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I've got to ask you about Game 7 of the 2017 ALCS. 24 curveballs in a row. Legendary. Did you know that you were gonna do that or did it just work out that way?

I'll tell you guys what happened. First time I'm telling anyone publicly. I was facing Starlin Castro, maybe end of the 7th? I struck him out. I kinda rolled off the hill a little bit weird. I got a little hip pinch in my left hip. It just grabbed me and got real tight. So I went back out for the 8th. First two pitches I threw were to I believe Chase Headly, two fastballs, both balls or I may have walked him or something like that. McCann came out and was like 'You alright? I know your hip..." I'm like "I'm good, let's go with the curveball here." I threw the curveball and my hip didn't bother me. I guess the way I followed through on the curveball vs. the fastball, it didn't bother me. I looked at Mac and gave him a little "Yeah, that one was good" so my man kept putting down twos and we rolled with it.

Did you know you had thrown 24 in a row?

I knew I threw a **** ton.

Mike Trout, 3-21 against you with 9K. Explain that.

I don't know, make good pitches. He got me for a homer to left center, a couple singles to left, maybe one double/one single to left. Just make good pitches man. When I compete against those guys, it brings the best out of me. He's a great player, great competitor. Mike will go down as the GOAT of this era.

Has he ever said anything to you?

No. I don't talk to other teams because I'll lose the edge. I don't fraternize too much with other teams.

Any time the conversation turns to best hair in baseball, your flow gets mentioned. Do you think you have the best hair in the game? If not, who does?

I don't have the best hair. Bryce Harper has the best hair.

What separates his hair from yours?

I don't know. I think I have solid hair. It's full. When it gets long like it is now, it gets a little curly. I don't think I've ever seen a picture when his hair isn't A1. My hair right now looks like ****. Marisnick has good hair too.

donkeypunch and TWS1986 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/2005724/202...s-on-what-the-astros-critics-dont-understand/

It’s nine months since The Cheating Story first appeared in The Athletic, and the Houston Astros can still feel the target on their backs — or at least the target behind Alex Bregman’s helmet.

It’s seven months since Rob Manfred announced the penalties that led to the firing of their manager and general manager, and the Astros still get the vibe that for many people, inside and outside baseball, those penalties and those firings didn’t come close to covering the “crime.”

It’s six months since their stormy press conference in West Palm Beach, and the Astros didn’t need to hear it from Joe Kelly to know that their fellow players, on those 29 other teams, aren’t ready to move on.

It’s August now, and the Astros are playing baseball. But that’s actually not the only game they’re playing. All these months later, they’re still playing a game they take a lot less joy in — the one in which they are forced to try to defend their side of this never-ending story.

“I know that a manager got fired,” Astros pitcher Lance McCullers Jr. told me and Doug Glanville this week on the latest edition of The Athletic’s “Starkville” podcast. “I know that a GM got fired. … And it’s never going to be good enough. The whole franchise could be dismantled, and it wouldn’t be good enough.”

As you’ve noticed, their not-dismantled franchise continues to field a team. But it took less than a week of this season for the Astros to get the message that, for the rest of baseball, this wasn’t over.

That message came in the form of a Joe Kelly fastball that went whooshing past the back of Bregman’s head in a July 28 Dodgers-Astros game. That pitch stopped flying three weeks ago. But the words and the anger? They’re still flying.

In an appearance last week on the “Big Swing” podcast hosted by fellow Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling, Kelly verbally delivered three more purpose pitches directed at the Astros:

• That they’re “cheaters” who ruined other people’s lives to save their own name.

• That they “snitched” on their manager, coaching staff and front office — particularly Kelly’s former manager in Boston, then-Houston bench coach Alex Cora — to evade punishment.

• And that during the July 28 bench-clearing ruckus, various Astros — specifically Carlos Correa and manager Dusty Baker — spit and cursed at him, so it was “bull-bleep” that only he got suspended.

After Kelly’s remarks were played for him on “Starkville,” McCullers responded with a number of pointed remarks of his own. A reminder: He’s a pitcher, so this sign-stealing controversy had nothing to do with him. But he’s also a teammate, so he defended the guys he plays alongside, with these strong words:

• He said that if Kelly threw at Bregman in the name of allowing the game to police itself, firing a 97-mph fastball behind anybody’s head “isn’t the way it’s done. And if you are going to be the person that carries the big stick, if you are going to be the holier than thou, you better do it the right way.”

• McCullers mocked Kelly’s claim that he was maintaining social distance after the benches cleared, following a strikeout of Carlos Correa that Kelly punctuated with a gesture and some choice words for the Astros’ dugout: “He started that issue with what he said after he struck Carlos out. You know, I’m not going to repeat it. But citing the ‘oh, I didn’t get close’ — I mean, Joe was scared. Carlos isn’t the right dude to mess with. So it is what it is. You know, I’m beyond it. He got his five games. And it is what it is.”

• McCullers also raised questions about why it was Kelly who initiated the hostilities when he was actually a member of the 2017-18 Red Sox team that was also punished for sign-stealing: “People are going to feel how they want to feel. I mean, I made the (statement) that Joe wasn’t on that (2017 Dodgers) team (that lost to Houston in the World Series). Joe was actually on a different team that was also investigated for the same thing. And their (video-room operator was) penalized. And he was on that team. So baseball got it right? I don’t know.”

• Later, McCullers revisited that angle when the topic turned to whether the Astros’ bench-clearing confrontations with other teams are now over, following the Dodgers incident and a later fracas with Ramón Laureano and the A’s: “We’re not trying to go out here and start anything. We’re trying to play ball. And I don’t know. You guys should maybe have Joe on your podcast. He seems very Chatty Katty about it. And you guys can ask him if it’s done. And you guys can also ask him about their (the Red Sox) investigation while you’re at it.”

• And McCullers recoiled at the accusation the Astros were “snitching” on anyone. In fact, he pivoted by turning the tables on ex-teammate Mike Fiers, who was quoted by name in The Athletic story that revealed the Astros’ sign-stealing techniques. Other sources, who asked not to be named, said the same as Fiers, both to The Athletic and to Major League Baseball. Nevertheless, McCullers made it clear the Astros haven’t forgotten what Fiers did, by saying: “By the way, there was only one snitch. And that’s the person who spoke to The Athletic.”

The accusation that the Astros “snitched” to evade punishment also rankled McCullers. He said it was a “misconception” that the Astros weren’t punished for sign-stealing only because they “negotiated immunity” from discipline from MLB; the league offered Astros players immunity from the outset. The Red Sox players received the same offer. And that same immunity likely would have applied to any similar investigations involving any of the other 28 teams, sources say.

That won’t be true in the future, however, because MLB has since negotiated an agreement with the union that allows the commissioner to impose discipline for future transgressions involving electronic sign-stealing. So McCullers was asked how likely the Astros would have been to answer questions truthfully if they’d known it could have led to suspensions and other discipline.

“I don’t know,” he replied. “I wasn’t asked anything. I’m a pitcher. I mean, I was on the team. But like I said, one of the things I’ve continued to see, one of the biggest issues other players seem to have, is this notion that we or the (union) negotiated immunity in that instant moment and that we all just, like, rolled. And I mean, that’s not the case at all.

“These (opposing) players have no idea what this investigation was like. They have no idea the lengths that the MLB went to beyond speaking to players. Actually, speaking to players was probably the least part of their whole investigation. I can’t go into it because I don’t know how much I am or am not allowed to say. But I’ll say that … the notion that, oh, players negotiated immunity, players then were interviewed and rolled on everyone just to save themself, isn’t the case. And that’s as much as I can say. That’s not what happened. That’s not how this went down. So if that’s what people are upset about, then I guess we can all move on because that’s not how it happened.”

Because he and his teammates never had to ask for immunity, McCullers said the constant criticism from other players for “snitching” is ill-founded.

“There’s a new agreement that’s now in place that, in the future if this happens, they can be (disciplined). So I just over and over and over again, see players b****ing about that specific thing. And if that’s what they’re mad about, then they can just stop being mad, because that’s not how this went down.

“And once that report came out in The Athletic, I mean, that was it. There’s no need (for MLB) to talk to players when you had that information. So like I said, that’s not what happened. Players are continuously … (and the) media is continuously running this false narrative. They’re continuously advocating for this head-hunting season of the Astros. And I don’t know if I can cuss on this podcast. But it’s absolutely (bleeping) ridiculous.”

It’s all these months later now. The Astros are playing baseball again. McCullers is back from Tommy John surgery and spinning off his lethal knuckle-curve again. And there is so much more going on in his world, their world and our world than a sign-stealing investigation that goes back three years.

But there are some topics in life that no one can escape. And for the Houston Astros, this otherwise-uplifting interview with Lance McCullers Jr. was a reminder that this sign-stealing conversation is going to top their list of inescapable subjects for a long, long time. Well, if that’s the deal, McCullers said, it’s not going to be because the Astros can’t get enough of it.

“I’m never going to tell someone how they should or shouldn’t feel,” he said. “They have their right to be however they want to be, as long as nothing physically harming is going to come into play.

“We’re moving forward,” McCullers said. “The world doesn’t have to move forward with us.”

BigM likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Lance stopped just short of throwing any other teams under the bus but you can tell he’d probably like to.

If this was a regular season and there was more constant media and fan rehashing then I think we would see a full blown “you were all ****ing cheating” but they are trying to get on with it at this point.

htwnbandit and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Athletic is also still trying to milk its golden cow of a story...

msn and BigM like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He would never shave a g spot onto his face. Lance dont suck D's

BigM likes this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Luhnow needs to go all Canseco and write a book. Remember it was the Cardinals that has someone in prison...

raining threes likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Jo Keli & Trevur Bower cud git suspindid moar gamez than cheeting Astors! Cheeting Astors r trash! Rub Manfreed iz trash! Herp derp"

"Free Joe Kelly" and "Deal with it" or "no place in baseball for that"?

https://trevorbauer.com/products/deal-with-it-t-shirt
    [​IMG]

https://971theticket.radio.com/articles/trevor-bauer-dont-throw-at-astros-taunt-them

In an interview with the Karsch and Anderson Show ahead of his start this weekend against the Tigers, Bauer said the eight-game suspension for Joe Kelly was a bit harsh. He said MLB "weakened its argument (against Kelly) by bringing up his history and taunting as reasons why they viewed it as intentional." He said Dodgers manager Dave Roberts shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Bauer also said this: Kelly shouldn't have thrown at Alex Bregman in the first place, if it was indeed on purpose. That's not the right way to make the Astros pay for cheating their way to a World Series title.

"For everyone saying that the Astros deserve to be thrown at and they're finally getting theirs, I don’t agree with that," Bauer said. "I don’t agree with how the suspensions were handed out and how the whole thing was handled, but it’s in the past now and it’s time to play baseball. Like I said, nothing that happens on a baseball field is worth someone’s life.

"The best way to go about getting revenge or payback is, beat the Astros and then do some taunting. But don’t throw at people. Remind them that they cheated, remind them that they cheated baseball, that they harmed people financially, that they harmed the integrity of the league. Small, little jabs like that via social media, via the media, are fine. It’s a constant reminder, which is more annoying than having one pitch thrown at you, anyway. That would be my way of handling it."

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Baseball had entered some kind of bizarro ****ing world and it has nothing to do with coronavirus. If Bauer was named commissioner tomorrow it would really just cap this thing off perfectly.

12. donkeypunch

Tyler is such a ****twad.

That guy lives in Houston? If fans are capable of runnig Schaub out of town, they should harness that and run tyler out too.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He lives in Houston?

14. donkeypunch

In the offseason, I wanna say he has a home in the Woodlands.

15. msn

msn Member

The twit isn't calling for social media callouts of the Sox, Yankees, or other cheaters.

That guy is a first class ass.

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Stephen66 likes this.
  17. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

last night Joe Kelly threw at Tatis' head twice, struck him out, then called him a ****ing b**** as he walked around the mound.

Shark44 likes this.
  18. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

Yes. I did. Not too many people that I really hate in this world. He would definitely be one of them
    I really hope the next person he throws at. Just charges the mound and beats the **** out of him.

Jose Cuervo and Stephen66 like this.
  19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of behavior that MLB leadership should be taking action on. If they don't, they're risking someone really getting hurt. Guess he didn't bang on trash can so he gets a free pass.

cmoak1982, jim1961 and Stephen66 like this.
  20. Radricky

Radricky Member

Padres feisty asses aren't going to take that.
    Retaliation will happen at some point.

cmoak1982 and Stephen66 like this.