1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 8/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 13, 2020.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm glad they don't play for another 4 days.

pr0wler, Hakeemtheking and DeBeards like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Last year is last year. He is better this year than last year. He was injured against portland also.

There is not a benefit to him being out against a playoff team. Its not a think too little I am being realistic. Is PJ not older and not the same player he was ? Is Roco not shooting a poor percent? Has Ego not been awful all year ? Show me where I am wrong about this.

You are underestimating okc and i dont know why. They are more consistent than we are on both ends. The only thing we have on them is top end talent.... without russ, having the best player doesnt mean as much. How many times was Tmac the best player on the floor? How many times did he get out of the first round?

3. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I think having Capela catching lobs from Harden/Russ was an under-rated aspect of our offense, it was a constant threat & the D would sag inside when Capela would roll creating open perimeter shots, although Capela was having a down yr defensively he was still elite on offense & REBS put up 14 & 14 a game. I felt getting a competent defensive big at the deadline would've helped shore our paint D but Morey/Dantoni/Tillman just completely gutted the big man rotation including I-Hart who showed flashes of greatness. Not saying Roco isn't a good player, but for what we gave up it was a terrible trade. Let's not get it twisted, our front O & ownership shat the bed & this small-ball philosophy is a band-aid for the massive holes this team has roster wise.

pippsux likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Did not watch but looks like Bruno had 11.

Why so much hate?

fattz likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

6. HP3

HP3 Member

He was not injured against Portland, he just played bad. He just took ill advised shots.

The lineup data says otherwise. But I'm not saying we wont need him. He might only miss like 2 games. PJ is career 40+ shooter from 3 in the playoffs. Roco is still a net positive on the floor. Ego has performed in the playoffs almost every single time and people still doubt him. Regular season games dont mean anything, all that matters is that they can play their best when it counts.

I'm not underestimating them, I just believe in James Harden and I dont think our team is dog crap. We can win two games without Russ. We were 11-14 last year and Beard carried us. He can do it for two playoff games. Harden is a better player than Tmac ever was.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Was busy tonight so didn't watch the meaningless game, but looking at the box score his +/- was -25 or something like that.

D-rock likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow everyone missing threes tonight. I figured Harden and maybe Tucker and RoCo didn’t play at all but they did. How in the world did we get spanked so hard?!

pr0wler and daywalker02 like this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Can't remember last year Rockets looked so horrendous going into the playoffs, maybe 2014? We all know how that carried over with us dropping the first two at home.

Fitting end to a very disappointing regular season, Rockets just loafed around all year and never took pride in their game for an extended stretch. We'll see if they can magically transform into a team that gives consistent effort on defense for multiple games in a row and hits enough shots from 3 (which is a requirement as we now restrict ourselves to that area of the floor) to win a playoff series or two.

daywalker02 and ashleyem like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did this turn into a spanking?

Rockets used to own Eastern teams.

11. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

It's too bad Morey's obsession with getting stars around Harden led us to spending 40M/season on a 6'3'' center. Would be nice to have some real shooters like Dallas does.

Can you imagine how insane this offense would be if Morey surrounded Harden with 40%+ 3-Point shooters instead of a bunch of glorified bricklayers?

12. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

You mean our starters?

13. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

One thing I do like is that Gordon looks like he's in great shape based on where he was before. He's been taking it to the basket more often. He's quick and built like a tank...okay maybe slightly pudgy but still pretty thicc imo.

He is good enough at slashing to attack mismatches and weak defenders which is some nice variation instead of our offense that normally revolves around mediocre shooters spamming 3-pointers all game.

D-rock, jcmoon and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt watch but from my experience i know the driving gordon is the best gordon..so this was encouraging

D-rock, pr0wler and bro2044 like this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Coach, let Bruno play. The others aren’t shooting 3’s well either.

#475 fattz, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Because the Rockets come out and take off rhythm shots possession after possession not to mention stupid turnovers. People think oh Harden will save us... oh if he had Westbrook... LOL. The way this team runs it’s sets is waaaay too elementary. These idiots don’t have the basic disciplinary fundamentals of the game down packed as a team to even truly compete in a playoff level game. To me that’s why it’s stupid and Dantoni and others just need to be fired right now. Don’t need to see them in the playoffs because they are simply about to get their a$$ beat down due to basic basketball principles we learned when we first started playing ball. Don’t even speak on trying to win it all when as a team you can’t even limit your turnovers, rebound, protect the paint or shoot at a decent percentage.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can’t get rebounds
    And play no defensive

you can always rewatch the game it’s on streaming

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rewatch the game on streaming
    Or just the highlights

Sixers were rebounding the ball and took good shots

Nothing magical or someone with a crazy night
    Just normal basketball

bro2044 likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Turnovers can happen, but those off rhythm shot possessions are just god awful. We had them in 93-94 as well when we tried to force it into Hakeem, Max was set on getting even with his opponent or Kenny just dribbled until the air was out of the ball. But those shots early in the shot clock are the ones Morey and MDA force our guys to take. It's the most asinine thing I've ever seen, I wonder what the percentage is on those shots going on individually, for Harden vs. the team and the team as a whole. Probably very, very low.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It has to be very very low. If I had no understanding or no basketball background in my personal life I’d be able to ignore it and be a more optimistic fan but it bothers me. We could be and do so much better as a team.

Little Bit likes this.