1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face Thunder in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2020.

?

Rockets v. Thunder

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. Rockets in 4

5.4%
  2. Rockets in 5

22.2%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.2%
  4. Rockets in 7

14.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.2%
  6. Thunder in 6

8.8%
  7. Thunder in 5

1.9%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.3%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Pippen said houston all abou at winning record, and bouncing out of the playoffs hard. "Them Folks like that down there" - Pip

CK Johnson likes this.
  2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Interesting this game really is gonna cost us "homecourt advantage" oh dear!... I also recall you were so adamant we were garbage and wouldn't make the playoffs last season... Fantastic prognosticator you are my good sir.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yes. When they were 11-14.
    And this time around you say Houston will beat OKC with ease and you will be wrong. But since you asked me to leave “when I’m wrong about that”, why not offer to do the same?

4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You were saying after we were 11-14 as well... Also I said Rockets in 6... I didn't say with ease... Try again.

#464 Air Canada, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

@D-rock isn't it strange @YOLO can't answer the question? HOU or OKC in how many games?

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I believe he said OKC in 5 somewhere but very interesting he is backtracking now.

LOL

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rockets better win this series

The end.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

You struggle to read. So after 3 times telling you. How about you look at the first page. Free clue

LosPollosHermanos and Zoplicone like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bc you continue to keep proving my point. You don’t even read the entire thread and just popped up trying to make all sorts of conclusions. That’s a you problem

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

@ me when you find that. Good luck

11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Instead of having me go through each individual post... You said so much when you could've simply answered the question.... Pretentious af... Rockets in 7... Is that still your prediction?

D-rock likes this.
  12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

A question is apparently a conclusion... Genius logic

D-rock likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He’s not lying. It’s all a gimmick. They know what it takes to win a championship. In 94 you had 6’11 Dream, 6,10 O.T. and 6’10 Big Shot Bob as your front court. Look at the length, the strength and versatility of that. The BS they are doing now is just to provide excitement along with some false sense of innovation aka small ball BS. These guys are not even playing disciplined team basketball at an elite level but yet the coach, the GM, the owner and the players are saying we are playing for a championship. Get the F outta here with that BS.

tinman likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree but it’s so hard to see how? Only way I see it is if everyone is red hot shooting wise. This team is too turnover prone, defense gives you a few good possessions then can’t get the damn rebound which makes that defense a mute point.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We are going to put on a top 20 all time offensive playoff performance and we were 5th defensively in the bubble. This has been a disjointed season, our biggest enemy is chemistry and repetition. I think we're on the cusp of putting it together.

Without Westbrook it's easy. We can win a first round series with Gordon and McLemore as our 2nd and 3rd best scorers. It sucks to have Harden go god mode again when he is better rested than ever, but it will be fine because Russ will miss 1 or 2 games tops. They're being cautious because there's not much rest later, but we're going to get a 100% healthy Westbrook who needs a game or two to get in shape, and since microball he has figured out how to achieve a higher efg% and ts% than any other season before.

Westbrook is also going to pick Harden's energy up when it's down. We might be as good as 2018 when healthy, but there is no team better than Durant's Warriors in the league right now. It's going to be the toughest road to the Finals I've ever seen, but maybe that's how Harden starts his legacy. Will be an awesome ride. Harden is so sharp right now, if he improves on last season's playoff performance it might be eye popping. Let's see how he goes the first time ever the opponent can't leave anyone open on the perimeter. I believe we are heavily underestimating how much better we can be offensively, while still boasting a top 11 defense since microball and top 5 in the bubble with Gordon just now getting fit.

We are looking good. It will be a slow start to the series and everyone will freak out, but we will finish it in 6 tops. At the start of round 2, if we're healthy, I think we're the best team in the NBA.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Hmm. Let them try. He did do a really good job on Donovan Mitchell in their first bubble game. However, Mitchell isn't in Harden's league.

D-rock likes this.
  17. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

He said what?!
    [​IMG]

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

because going through the actual entire dialogue provides actual context. You came in here making all these assumptions without doing any of the actual research

The series is going 7. If wb is out most of the series, I don’t see the rockets making it out. Especially with how EG looks and how his return has impacted the rest of the team thus far. Not good. Harden is who he is but no way he can do this alone. It’s a tall task for any one player to do so

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why is it @YOLO ****ing problem to do your hw. We have @D-rock here that’s the lowest common denominator of fan. He’s incapable of analyzing the game so he tries to make himself feel like more of a fan by attacking anyone that criticizes the team. Both you guys be dumb af

YOLO likes this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Mathloom, I appreciate your oversized optimism, but you are on some very desirable LSD-induced mushroom trip. That stuff is expensive!