1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face Thunder in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2020.

?

Rockets v. Thunder

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. Rockets in 4

5.4%
  2. Rockets in 5

22.2%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.2%
  4. Rockets in 7

14.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.2%
  6. Thunder in 6

8.8%
  7. Thunder in 5

1.9%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.3%
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

James inability to play with other people or stop doing **** like repeatedly jacking 3s also hurts the team. You gotta self reflect at certain points

ronclone and Little Bit like this.
  2. MettaWorldPete

The ability to hit our threes is definitely my main concern. I assume that's ultimately the heart of most people's concerns. If the threes are going in, we're definitely golden. If not, we're f'd. The potential problem I see with these numbers is that WB is out for some of the round, and McLemore might give up a lot on defense. Especially w WB out, we really need House, Gordon, and Covington to make threes.

Glad to see some good substantive analysis in a lot of Nook's posts.

Nook likes this.
  3. UrbanEnterprise

I can see Morey getting fired and D'Antoni not coming back

Honestly it wouldn't shock me if Tilman blows the whole damn team up. yes including Harden & Westbrook

4. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden isn't perfect but his problem are way, way down on the issue with the Rockets.

He has improved his defense greatly, he has played well with the vast majority of his teammates and he has even done things that no one is talking about, such as increasing his shot blocking because it was a weakness for the Rockets.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

then he can kiss any possible revenue goodbye for years to come

TC is empty, but the tickets are sold. Merchandise is getting purchased. The Rockets are relevant. Let him blow up the team and get rid of Harden, and he’ll see how the city really views the Rockets.

GradyMcTracy, s3ts, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  6. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

I know that CP3 will keep it competitive and I'd rather not face them. But I think the only way we lose is if Harden gets in foul trouble.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Whatever floats your boat, not for me judge your proclivities.

LOL

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or play elite post defense, led NBA in steals, top 5 in deflections or most blocks by a guard.

Let me know when Dames leads League in scoring AND does all of above.

Or lead NBA is scoring 3 consecutive seasons.

Oh, and wins MVP.

And leads NBA in assists.

I'll also give him extra points when he is top 3 MVP contender for 4 straight seasons.

Wake me up when he reaches 2 more WCF.

Otherwise, happy 8th seed.

cerophilik and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

That's not what your comment says at all and most people haven't been saying that... most people think we'll beat them in 6... Everything you've said is an attempt at predicting a loss without being outright... what do you think will be the outcome?

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  10. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

As much as we struggled against OKC during the regular season, I really don't think they match up with us all that well in a 7 game series. Sure, Harden may struggle 2 games, but then he'll recover and average 30 easy in this series haha. OKC's core will give them at least 2 wins, but i really think their young guys will fold in the playoffs.

And if russ comes back for most or at least half of the series, I don't see this going past 6. Been keeping up with OKC a fair amount this season and I just don't see it for the following reasons:
    1) It would require cp3 turning it up yet another level (which at this point I don't know that he can) against a team that knows his tendencies and don't have big stiffs for him to manipulate into his midrange game. Small ball is probably the most un-ideal scenario for him to play against imo.
    2) their young guys (esp. dort) would need to hit their 3s at a respectable enough rate and replicate the efficiency on harden on the other end that he showed in the reg season, which I can't see happening with consistency. Harden will live at the line against their physicality.
    3) Though Shroeder will thrive in this series, I'm skeptical that SGA is ready to make that jump in the playoffs like Tatum did in his rookie year, and I I feel like Gallinari's ability to take advantage of his height wont last all series. I think our small ball will really push Adams and Noel off the floor.

It all comes down to simple stuff. If our guys hit their 3s that Harden creates at a respectable enough clip, it'll push their bigs off the floor and their small ball lineup loses out to our own. If we brick, it allows Adams to stay in the game and eat us alive on the glass.

On another note, if Andre Roberson was the same defender as he was 5 years ago, then we'd be in serious trouble. Dude was legit the best harden defender before he got hurt that I can remember.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Harden and Green are finishing at the rim at 80%.

That is frigging nuts!!!

cerophilik and hakeem94 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

read the thread from the beginning and what i posted. especially when i started posting in this thread. its not hard to find when i was one of the first. that's why i said catch up

and yes plenty of people have been saying it.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Andre Roberson is going to have his hands full.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul has been talking sh*t about the Rockets since he left and 0 reflection on how he let us down last season. He clearly realized he was in bad shape and fixed that, of course his game bounced back. Also, he's on a team where he's the best person to give the ball to. That wasn't his role on the Rockets.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need the Jimmy Butler mentality when Paul starts acting like a pissant.

Disagree with @foggy94 on this.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes please. I'm hoping Russ does that for us.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need House and Demarre to hammer that left thumb everytime CP3 reaches in with it.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really should follow your own advice.

Look in the mirror, seriously.

20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

They should FTs made and attempted to that... As well as 3s

D-rock likes this.