1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Say his name] Cannon Hinnant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You know the difference between the kid's tragic death and George Floyd's death? The kid's killer is 99% (always leave 1%) assured of getting Life or the Death Penalty. George's Floyd's killers is probably less that 50/50 that they will get convicted. Cops kill and get off probably 95% of the time. Even with clear evidence, there is a good chance all those Cops get off.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also society is naturally going to speak out more against abuses of power.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why are you quoting people who were arrested saying "They need to get these guys off the street"

Like, they did?

She is from Uganda

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry for the Hinnant family. But the most newsworthy bit of this thread is that @Astrodome thinks this murder is relevant to the national debate about race, police, and brutality. Tells me that some folks still don't understand or are willfully ignorant of the genesis of civil rights protests.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, that is a reach.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m confused. Everyone is saying no one is talking about this... yet I’ve seen it posted 100x on my news feed.

JayGoogle, FrontRunner and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

“WRAL reported interviewing Sessoms' parents, who said they were deeply saddened by what happened to Cannon.

They said they believe their son was on drugs and having hallucinations at the time of the shooting, the station reported.”

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bad hombres

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

USA Today is talking about it only because of this thread.

FrontRunner, Astrodome and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

The most pathetic thing about this is posters like @Astrodome don't sincerely care about this murder. They care only when they want to express a narrative of "libs bad". It's the worst form of concern trolling.

If @Astrodome sincerely cared he would be involved in the many discussions we have on solving black urban poverty and crime. But he isn't really involved in them.

CometsWin and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Do they have video of what the child was doing in his neighborhood?

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Nah, it is not. Especially with your title tread and your comments.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It staggers me the arguments racists in this country try to make in regards to BLM.

Criminal commits crime and is allowed to walk free-people protest

Criminal commits crime and is arrested- why aren't people protesting this, it's the exact same thing.

I can't tell if they are genuinely stupid beyond repair and can't tell the difference, or if their Trump addled brain creates their own view of things and they are incapable of noticing the difference.

14. fchowd0311

They claim that we don't try to address the problems with "black on black" crime. We do. It's just they call our desired solutions Marxist while not providing a solution of their own besides useless normative statements like "black men should be better fathers".

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Involving myself in those discussions would not show that i care. It doesnt show that you care either. Get out in the community and volunteer. I can link you to the organization that i am most involved with if you really want to contribute.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why aren't you defending the rights of someone to shoot someone trespassing on their property?

@ROXRAN @Corrosion @bigtexxx @dachuda86

Hypocrisy.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Yes please. Do you also vote to expand healthcare covered? Do you vote for politicians that want to radically reshape how we fund out l-12 system? Are you voting for politicans who are advocating for free high quality early childhood education centers?

I'm sure you support the easy things that most people agree with such as not throwing people with non violent offenses such as drug possession in prison.

Your rhetoric tells me you want to ignore the root problems due to systemic racism and place most of the blame on "culture" which is essentially saying "genetic predisposition".

I only have the rhetoric you post here to go by. You have to understand that part.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Maybe because there is some subtle difference that separates the two instances ?

But you know that ....

19. dmoneybangbang

Nah, you're wrong.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, you were taking **** for doing exactly what I said so then you went looking around for the average random murder that happens in this country multiple times a day that you don't post about or care about unless it's a black guy killing a little white boy. Great job. Unfortunately, ,this murder will change nothing at all just like all of the murders before it changed nothing at all except to draw out thoughts and prayers from the usual suspects. This is the logical eventuality of the gun control position held by the Republican Party.