1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face Thunder in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2020.

?

Rockets v. Thunder

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. Rockets in 4

5.4%
  2. Rockets in 5

22.2%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.2%
  4. Rockets in 7

14.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.2%
  6. Thunder in 6

8.8%
  7. Thunder in 5

1.9%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.3%
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Man, I hope you're right.

RocketRed84 and D-rock like this.
  2. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Gallinari also did a pretty good job against Harden in the post in one or 2 of the games this season, if I recall correctly. James will have to really bring it on defense.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Key player is PJ Tucker . He has not looked up to par and if that continues to be the case that puts us in an even more susceptible position vs OKC .

Russ being out is a bit of a shocker to me , I thought they were just being careful . He hasn’t looked that explosive all bubble . Did he go out too hard ? I thought he was just ramping up .

Anyways . Slightly worried about OKC . I think we should still win , but we are more at the mercy of the shooting gods without WB’s paint prowess .

OKC has looked good and they’ve got several players . We need some role players to step up . Harden is good enough that if they double him he will double his effort on defense . He’s even well adapted to mixes .

math says us . We have to play up to par .

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I think we should keep Westbrook out until he's healthy, or if he wants to... an elimination game, if needed. I don't doubt Westbrook's will to come back sooner but I really don't see any need to over extend this and not give us a fair shot at a title if he makes injury worse.

Half speed Westbrook is a one and done anyway's. Let Westbrook heal and hope we can get by without him until the Lakers matchup, if they even make it past the Trail Blazers or Suns. We aren't beating the Lakers without him.

I believe this team can get past the Thunder but it won't be easy. Without EG in addition to Westy would be a different scenario. We luckily got him back.

D-rock likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

our best hope now is the pure unadulterated greed of silver. he spots us a couple games hoping to send this series 7 so fakers can rest up while waiting

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You guys do realize the Rockets have not looked better than OKC at any point in the 2020 year?

When OKC started using their 3-guard lineup they’ve been a top 4 team in the west.

This was gonna be hard even with Russ. Prepare for a loss without him.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

OKC has not played this version of the Rockets.

And I hope to all the gods that OKC plays their 3 guard line up against us.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bubble Russ was not the same as pre-Covid Russ.

Rockets were more efficient on offense as well as defense when Russ not on the floor.

I want Russ to be as healthy as possible before he returns, we need THAT Brodie.

RocketRed84 and fckbandwagons like this.
  9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

And fairly so, it´s basically going to test the biggest debate the team has had the last year.

macan likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What version? The injured WB and Gordon version?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

The 5 Out offense/Switch everything defense version.

Pay attention.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is set up for MDA's exit.

He can leave without saying anything.

Morey would have it hard, the hot mess on his plate.

macan and fryjol7 like this.
  13. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

This may be true, but if there was ever a series where Harden could carry us, I believe this is the one. He is in phenomenal shape, he is not too tired and he has been winning us games with his people hitting below par.

I don´t know if you saw a gamescore stat that was going around twitter today, but James is today´s #1 player in the league. And with Lebron´s subpar game, I really believe today Harden is the #1 most dominant player. And you could label me as a critic pre bubble.

Deep down I´m excited, I think for longtime fans it was clear the championship is a long shot and the writing is on the wall for our coach. But I think we are about to witness James Harden greatest playoff series and one that could help his historic case. And if that comes true, that means we are about to see fireworks.

RocketRed84 and D-rock like this.
  14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

This is some importante context we can´t forget when judging Morey´s and Harden´s role this playoffs

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure which poster claimed that Donovan was better coach than D'Antoni and this is why OKC would win.

But if Donovan refuses to double Harden, its game over folks. Harden will tear the Thunder so many new holes.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

THIS X A MILLION. WOULDN'T THAT BE LOVELY?

Easy likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This is gonna be a bloodbath.

I predict even if we win the series, we don't come out unscathed. I just know CP3 will use every dirty trick up his sleeve to get back the team that traded him.

18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Looks like CP3 injured as well as well as Lue Dort

D-rock likes this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We have switched everything all season. Capela isn't the reason why we lost to them in the regular season.

We can't guard their guards and we can't guard their PF and centers either now

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hurt his left thumb vs. Miami.

Very minor injury.

He has hemorrhoids that hurt more than this. Precautionary/rest in meaningless game.