1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Deb i cant believe youre falling for this clown's crap again. Jesus, just stop entertaining him.

Andre0087, Deckard, malakas and 4 others like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In a world where madness is excepted as sanity, those who are sane appear mad.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Looks like winning to me.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But if we test less we have less cases.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. PeppermintCandy

I was about to say LOL.

"But that's just because we're not testing enough. If we tested more, the positivity rate would be so low you wouldn't believe. We actually have the lowest positivity rate in the world, etc."

I've got the f**ker's voice in my head now.

RayRay10, Jimmy Chase and deb4rockets like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Liberal media...

ROXTXIA and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why is testing going down in Texas?

malakas, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's an experimental treatment for Covid-19.

ThatBoyNick, malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Somehow I don't see this guest being on FOX's "Fact Free" prime time shows:

"Welcome to Hannity, where I tell you what the President wants you to know. Let's start with the coronavirus, or, as I like to call it, 'the sniffles'."

NewRoxFan, RayRay10 and ROCKSS like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. malakas

malakas Member

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I had to "look" to see which clown you were referring to. Another clown I've had on ignore for a long time. He's either a troll or so incredibly stupid that it is simply astonishing. My money is on "option C." He's both.

No Worries, Reeko, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sweden continued to educate their children in the Spring, with lower covid death rates than several other European countries. That's a big win.

Remember Sweden has a large immigrant population that lives in multi-generational homes - a recipe for fast spread.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Please remember: no one is claiming masks make you 100% safe. No one is claiming anywhere is 100% safe.

We have to just dismiss the idea of total safety. America is not even considering that option.

deb4rockets and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, I agree completely. Wearing a mask only reduces the risk.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm sorry: I should be more clear. If everyone would wear a mask: society would stop the spread of the disease.
    But in the U.S.: people are so uncooperative, those of us who try to exercise maximum safety can't achieve that. I wear a mask and go to work, I'm still at risk: it's "special" here.

I just continue to be astonished to watch our leaders and some citizens openly advocate for a predictable percentage of illness and death, for students, for employees.

The USA is still run like a plantation. Our racism problem kind of obscures that. Let's all pretend like we're millionaires and billionaires in the Big House.

#3057 sirbaihu, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    deb4rockets likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The other side of mask safety is how properly people use them. It doesn't do as much good if people wear the same mask for multiple days, and put their fingers all over it then touch things around them. This could pose a problem with a lot of children in schools.

RayRay10 and sirbaihu like this.
  19. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

There has to be a backlog of negative results. My guess is that some labs report positives very quickly while negative results are treated with less urgency. Not saying that there is a nefarious element or that it's purposeful. With limited resources, you'd want to contact the positive cases as quickly a possible while the negative cases can wait. That's the only explanation I can think of to explain the covid testing trends. Whenever there is a dip in total number of covid tests reported, the positivity rate increases. When there is a spike in total number of covid tests, the positivity rate decreases.

Looking at the TMC site's Houston area tests
    https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/covid-19-testing-trends-for-greater-houston-area/

In the last week, the positivity rate dropped from 23% to 7% while the number of tests per day increased from 9,000 to 30,000. It doesn't make sense that the real number of tests performed and positivity rate really changed that much over a period of a few days.

It might also not be labs that's reporting slower. It could be how DSHS processes the information they get from the labs. The negative test results could come in a different path than positive results.

The TMC's internal tests do not show the spikes that DSHS data does.
    https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/covid-19-testing-trends/

I would treat any positivity rate trends from DSHS with skepticism.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

What I can't understand is why our contract tracing is so poor. If you are missing 93% of people to be traced you aren't doing much at all.

It doesn't make any sense. I've read articles about people refusing to give out information, and problems contact tracers have in reaching people. Everything from hanging up on them, not answering the phone, etc..

Either we have far too few people doing contact tracing work or we have a whole lot of Texans who are just being bullheaded. Maybe a combination of both, but it sure doesn't help identify and contain any possible clusters or spreaders.

Screenshot_20200811-123854.png

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.