1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign Luc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

With or without Luc

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stronger contender with him.

Especially if he is healthy and playable.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hoping Luc can jump right in. He is like a coach on the court when it comes to switch everything defense.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's 6'8! Finally!

D-rock likes this.
  5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Any update on him being cleared? It should've been today. Idk if we'll see him play, but he should be on the bench for the scrimmage.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not exactly. LMM didn't arrive until late wednesday night. that's less than the 48 hrs period and he hasn't gotten any actual practice/reps in with the team. not sure why you're looking for him to play today

saleem likes this.
  7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I didnt expect him to play. Russ got in on monday and practiced with the team at 7:30am on wednesday. I just said we might see him on the bench.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Practice wasn’t at 7:30 am Wednesday

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

prince was on the bench tonite. saw him when gordon came out in the 4th

saleem, bmelo, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think he is the final solution to save rockets. If his performance is poor, we don't have hope to get into final. Hope MDA give him more time to play

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

His role is really simple. The biggest thing for Luc is getting minutes and 3pt reps in. I see him as a bonus, so I don't mind him taking his time to get into shape carefully. As long as he's ready by the final game or two of the regular season, we're ok. Might get better as playoffs progress. He's extremely rusty, but everyone else is rusty too, our older players looked really old against the Raptors lol.

If any of Moute or Caboclo can give us 15-20 very good minutes, it slightly changes the outlook of this team. In the best case scenario, if both can give us 15-20 minutes then we can even shelve House if needed. I'm low key worried about House's nerves and shaky handles. We would have a much better shot at being a top 10 defense if Bruno and/or Luc are giving us good minutes.

Keep in mind, for most of the season, we didn't have Gordon eating up 32-40 minutes. That's going to be a bit of a defensive boost too, he's one of our better defenders.

D-rock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bruno IMO isn't really a high bball IQ player and likely 2 years from 2 years away.

mike2k132 likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Bruno has the ability to play. MDA needs to play his players (modifying their roles to their strengths) not a system where he plugs in players. Bruno can be a game changer if worked into the team vs being crammed in a system. Bruno skill set is there and with successful repatriation success will become his norm. Bruno is NEVER going to a positive addition without some system adjustments. Much like Westbrook’s success happened after a tweek.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next game is against another former team of his, the Grizzlies.

Time to shine.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I don’t know if that’s true and in any case it wouldn’t matter, there are low b-ball iQ players in all championship rotations.

He’s only been given one shot at regular NBA minutes and he did well. I wouldn’t be shocked if he repeated 90% of that.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His quarantine mistake shows that he isn't disciplined either.

But good luck to him though.

The Rockets aren't developing players for the sake of development.

In the process they signed every swing player they could get that wasn't snatched by other contenders for cheap and no matter how talented.

#196 daywalker02, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  17. fattz

fattz Member

I do not agree with this at all. A mistake has nothing to do with discipline. I don’t believe he did anything with malice in his actions.

D-rock likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

2 years from 2 years out of the league.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I rather call it undisciplined than not bright as others have but have it your way.

At the end of the day he doesn’t get many chances in the league.

One of those mistakes cost him days of practice to get better. And he will only get so many opportunities.

saleem likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

With this coach you maybe right. Do you really think a few day makes or breaks his career. Don’t act like MDA doesn’t already know his line-ups already. Bruno has been working hard for years; maybe the Rockets aren’t the right team for him if it all goes down to a mistake for extra food.

By the way, Bruno’s skill set fits what we are trying to do. MDA may not see it but Morey does because he traded to bring him back.

D-rock likes this.