1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] MLB suspends spring training, delays Opening Day at least two weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Mar 12, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

My nerves are really getting tested with all this sucking off of all these players tonight that are known cheaters, yet the Astros have been shunned in every single opening week commercial.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If they tested him today and already have the results, obviously they have the 15 minute result tests. Would guess they are having their regular testing crew or team doctors giving him these. Article is on Mlbtraderumors, didn't give those kind of details

3. The Beard

Nevermind, head in arse moment.....yea, the original test probably processed in NY lol

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Wouldn't that be the baseball scam (cheating) of all time if it were so. I mean, taking out key players on the opponents team your going to play by changing the results of their covid test. Instant lifetime ban plus jail time I would hope if caught.

It is kinda suspicious that Washington's best player gets a false positive right before playing the Yankees though.

King1, RayRay10 and The Beard like this.
  5. msn

msn Member

Astros will get blamed.

RayRay10, htwnbandit and The Beard like this.
  6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So with the new 16 team playoff, wouldn't the Astros be virtually guaranteed a playoff spot?

Does this change with how they should approach the 60 game season?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Guess it depends on how the structure of the playoffs are.

If the top seeds get to avoid 3 game series then that's the way to go. I want no part of a 3 game series, it means any fluke thing could get you eliminated or running into a average team that just gets hot for 2 games and you're gone.

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  8. The Beard

All teams have first round best of 3 series

Divisions do not matter in seeding, 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 all determined by record. All games at the site of better seed

Anything can happen in a 3 game series, but if we line up JV, LMJ and ZG against anyone I’ll take our chances

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dang, that sucks.

I mean yeah I like our rotation in that case but if one of those guys have a bad day and the other team just gets hot the next game...

Definitely going to be a few big upsets in that and hopefully it'll be the Dodgers or Yankees or both so I can laugh about it for a few months even if the Astros don't win the championship.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

We’ve got baseball again ladies and gentlemen. Opening day. Team full of motivated Astros. LFG.

The Beard, King1, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm not sure how much "home field" really matters in the set up. Maybe a few places where Astros notoriously are bad like Tropicana.

I do wonder if teams may try gamesmanship at the end of the season to set up a match they prefer.

The Beard and RayRay10 like this.
  12. awc713

awc713 Member

I headd that Karl Ravich was asking Matt Chapman questions on the Astros yesterday, trying to get him to talk about the cheating scandal...and Chapman stonewalled him each time and just complimented the Astros. Good on Chapman. Hopefully we see more of that from the players! He just got a new fan (when he isn’t playing against us).

King1, RayRay10 and htwnbandit like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

False positive rate much lower than the false negative rate... either way its a flawed test with the rapid one being even less accurate (both ways), which is what I presume they tested him 3 times with.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

COVID seems to disproportionately affect people based on age. If only we had some information on how old Juan Soto is. What a mystery!

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

BSPN just called the dodgers lineup the "Killer Bs".

Im not okay with that horse ****.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

Yesterday during the telecast of the dodgers game Chapman was saying how the Astros were going to be good this year and the broadcaster tried to cause a rift by making it seem like the Astros were going be garbage.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Apparently the Red Sox think they stole it from them!

JayGoogle likes this.