1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

peleincubus likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ahh ok. The same situation i remember hearing about in Italy.

3. Major

Major Member

You do understand if these people are locked down together, they were *already* living together, right? What do you think they were doing - taking shifts living in their homes? Do you think tons of people will now catch it because they spend 20 hours in the house together, but wouldn't have if they spent 16? This seems like a typical Commodore "hey, this tweet sounds good so let me re-post without even thinking through any logic!" psot.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The marching orders keep changing and are becoming more bizarre as facts prove their prior suppositions wrong.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Finally, some good news:

Nook, KingCheetah, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow!!! LMAO at the people jumping around.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

This imply a policy to quarantine individuals separately from family for 14days (and provide all the services needed around that - meals and etcs).

If people aren't willing to do something as simple as wearing mask, what's the chances of quarantining new lots of ten of thousands of people DAILY for weeks in the US? I have a feeling that people that are against a stay-at-home order would exercise their 2nd amendment right if the gov start quarantining individual in separate units.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't even click play but his face and your comment literally made me laugh out loud :)

BMoney likes this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh, no, the 2nd Amendment Boys are all heading to Portland to head off the federal troop invasion. Right? Right? Hello? Is this thing on?

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

It's not as bad as running into huge rolling tumbleweed. So annoying

JunkyardDwg likes this.
  11. Amiga

Supporting Member

no where as concentrated as the gov

Local judges orders are now only suggestions as the gov have dictated no lockdown

12. Amiga

Supporting Member

the right to protest is only important to those that hate wearing masks, apparently

MadMax and malakas like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

By "facts" you mean "unavoidable alternative opinions"?

Nook likes this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes I read it before responding. It is an anecdotal report that only shows one small side. The other issue is it was only 55 people and he reported 50% of the people had "psychological issues" and another 15% had PTSD after the virus. This should raise some red flags for you that something else is going on.

From the article....

Each patient is given two half-day evaluations involving multiple tests by a team of doctors, cardiologists, neurologists, psychologists and physicians, Clavario said.

"What surprises me the most is that even the patients that have not spent any time in the ICU are extremely feeble: there is no evidence of a cardiological or pulmonary problem, but they are not even able to walk up a flight of stairs," he said. "Most show a serious muscle weakness. A 52-year-old nurse had to go back to work after having recovered from Covid, but she just couldn't physically make it.

"The positive thing is that, after a period of exercise in our gym, most of them can recover efficiently."

He went on to tell another story of someone who recovered after exercise and more time rehabilitating.

Look up post viral fatigue syndrome or CFS/ME if you are worried about this condition. It is debated if it truly a physical impairment or if it is more of a psychological issue. It seems to skew heavily towards females somewhere close to 75% of the cases are female. Interestingly, in this story you linked it detailed the stories of 4 people and 3 of them happened to be women.

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, that is too small a sample size, but the effects were concerning, and your cherry picking certain phrases while leaving out a lot of others says enough. Also, I'm not sure what your point is about the women who were interviewed vs men. It's certainly a nasty dangerous virus, and escaping death doesn't mean you might not spend months recovering afterwards. How long that lasts, or how permanent some effects may be are also unknown. It's too early to know.

KingCheetah and malakas like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

On what grounds? Do you have any proof that isnt anecdotal?
    Any study that has analysed the long term sequalae of the virus?
    No.

Maybe one could say full recovery is expected...when it comes to children.
    Or full recovery is to be expected when it comes to asymptomatics.
    Or full recovery is to be expected in the young adults with perfect health and no underlying condition.

But since there has been no study done about the patients where the virus has multiplied in their lower respiratory system we do not know if full recovery is to expected or not.

Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What is your base number/ percentage of cases for the blanket use of the term 'vast'?

Nook, malakas and Pringles like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will add we are seeing several stories including from people I know who have been dealing with long term negative effects. Including fatigue, breathing issues, GI issues, and neurological issues.

Nook, Buck Turgidson, malakas and 2 others like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

And these are under-40, active, healthy people, anecdotally.

Nook likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If they were not “lockdowned” where would they be going otherwise and would they not being going home for certain amounts of time regardless?