1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I guess I should have said he relied on two paragraphs from a book that someone read to him.

RayRay10, Buck Turgidson and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. PeppermintCandy

Trump sidestepping the question of which students would get affected if he decides to "defund" the schools.

That said, I always thought Chris Wallace was a good reporter, but I have newfound respect for him. Solid interview.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...where the Donald's concerned...it's about the same difference...;):D

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

And GOP endorses this and welcomes this. They need to be held accountable for this more than Trump. The GOP can’t be trusted. They want power and they want keep it.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if he will keep lying about our death rates and turn the briefings into political rallies. Somehow I don't think he can stop himself from finding ways to distort the truth and talk about how great he is when a camera is on him.

Trump Announces He Will Resume Virus Daily Briefings
    By The Associated Press •July 20, 2020
    On Monday, President Trump announced he would begin daily virus briefings again after halting them

LabMouse, RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ignoring the weak and false attempt to deflect blame to China, any trump defender/supporter care to comment on this tweet? Is trump simply that disconnected from reality? Or just that big of a liar about the correct situation? Is there any sentient person willing to agree that "we are doing very well - and we have done things that few other countries could have done!"?

RayRay10 and ArtV like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Where is the virus from?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm going to take Liar for $1000 Alex...

RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

ArtV and RayRay10 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here he goes again with his BS

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

LOL - I toyed with a both response but I think lying trumps all else. He's delusional and incompetent but lying is his nature to cover what I think deep down he knows.

RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

So, trump ignores the fact that his past "COVID-19 daily briefings" trump campaign rallies repulsed the American people and he will go back to that well one more time...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he is lying because his supporters are disconnected from reality

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Oh, completely agree. His habitual, pathological lying needs to be pointed out. Unfortunately, it appears lying has become an accepted part of politics under trump. I guess he wore most people down. And those that support him accept it as a "product feature", not a defect. At least until a democrat is in office. Then they will suddenly care about even the smallest thing.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

this is complete desperation.
    His "gut" makes him think he can talk his way into it.
    If he can get away with no q&a or only call on oan he might garner some sympathy votes. He won't be able to though because he wants to go off script and try to campaign. This is a daily plead type deal. I cant wait to see him flame on this like ge always does

But he is such a dumbass he will take questions and its going to be a total sh**it show.

We should start taking bets on this:
    - odds on him directly contradicting press secretary?
    - issuing some cockamamie executive order based on some stubborn point he makes in passing
    - over under number of these before put foot in mouth ( pro tip line on this is .5 conferences)
    - over under on total number of conferences
    - over under on "corona will disappear"
    - over under on bringing up biden ( even though this is supposedly about coronavirus)
    - over under on # of conferences where attacking female correspondent ( bonus parlay for " that's not what he meant"
    - overall us of " thats not what I said/ meant"
    - number of times he sniffs
    - over under on lies per conferencd ( vegas has it at over 30 what say you)
    - over under on how many times he says " he knows the most of xyz"
    - over under on " lots of people tell me" ( as in some crazy comment, or that "lots of people don't want testing"
    - sharpie edit mid conference is money ball
    - over under on white nationalist talking points
    - democrats governors and reps ( when it rages in tx, fl

Over course take a sip (not a shot) everytime you hear antifa since vegas wont give a line for that one

deb4rockets, RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

More republicans need to continue to speak out like this...

Former NC health director: Trump has misled public on COVID-19 pandemic

During a world-wide pandemic like the one we are experiencing, clear, understandable and actionable health communication based on facts and delivered by trusted leaders can help motivate people to make choices that benefit themselves, their loved ones and their communities.

Conversely, during health crises, if leaders create narratives by ignoring, misrepresenting or simply confusing facts, truth is compromised, trust is weakened and negative impacts follow. When a leader undermines experts and chooses to disregard fact-based advice, those he leads may find themselves befuddled, not knowing who to believe or what actions to take.

Many Americans admire and trust our president. They follow his lead, betting their lives and livelihoods on his interpretation of the pandemic and his advice on how to mitigate and cope with its devastation. The costs of following this leader continue to mount in lost health, wealth and life.

I am shocked and disheartened by President Trump’s wishful thinking that COVID-19 will somehow miraculously disappear. His apparent failure to grasp the developing science around this novel pathogen is frightening. His inability to lead America through the narrow pathways that preserve individual liberty yet serve to promote good health for all, is a grave failure in my eyes.

I am a Republican who spent my professional life promoting good health for individuals and groups. I will not be casting my vote for President Trump’s reelection.

Penelope Slade-Sawyer is the former Director of Public Health in North Carolina.
    https://www.fayobserver.com/opinion...-trump-has-misled-public-on-covid-19-pandemic

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Utah

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Part of me thinks the media should decline attending, or at least refrain from televising it live. But, the other part of me views it as a car crash that you just can't but look at. Of course, seeing the coverage after the fact is usually sufficient.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Why not both

FoxNews and OANN will be there no matter what
    have everyone else say they busy with the pandemic

and see Trump rail about the media the whole time

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wuhan Jazz

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.