1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Viacom CBS terminates Nick Cannon contract after anti-semetic and anti-white remarks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaBeard, Jul 14, 2020.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It doesn’t have to. History shows Europeans and Africans traded people/labor etc. and it wasn’t primarily based on race. However many African countries played a role in commercializing slavery by capturing and selling their own people to Europeans which ultimately brought them to the western world.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So what about the 200 years after the first slaves were bought in Africa where slave trade was banned and all other industrialized nations banned slavery and the United States started breeding slaves and then even after their emancipation, there was an additional 100 years of Jim Crow segregation?

Did African slave traders start Jim Crow and the Black Codes?

DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  3. davidio840

Of course not, the Democrats did. What party was responsible for abolishing slavery?

Bandwagoner likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh boy. I frankly couldn't care less what party label did it. Black people have been effected by systemic racism to the point it effects their access to the socioeconomic ladder. White people in the US have never experienced racism at a level where it would effect them negatively in climbing that ladder.

#124 fchowd0311, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    DVauthrin, AleksandarN and Nook like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Neanderthals were the first hominids to enslave humans -- they were particularly discriminatory towards homos.

joshuaao, Nook, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

No and I feel like this conversation is devolving but I’m very confident in saying white people suck. Not LITERALLY to this day, but I can generally say we’ve screwed up here. If you’re offended by me saying that then report me but I see nothing wrong with honest inflection about my own race

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

LOL political party?

It was conservatives fighting for Jim Crow.

8. the shark

the shark Member

Offended?

Why would I be offended by you spewing ignorance?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. davidio840

Thanks for telling all of us you’re a liberal lol.. Learn some traditional history.

10. davidio840

Look dude, I don’t disagree with this or your last post. You’re clearly just looking for an argument without any knowledge of what you’re arguing about. This kind of ignorance is what’s wrong with society today.

Maybe one day, you’ll wake up and see there are plenty of black leaders in this country taking advantage of their own. The same thing happens to whites, Hispanics, etc. Anyone that thinks a Democrat is going to save the world more so that a Republican is a moron.

11. dmoneybangbang

I just told you some traditional history..... conservatives don't tend to move fast on cultural issues by nature.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The same party that declared war on the deep south.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Some blacks feel like people are unfairly more sympathetic to what Jewish people have suffered as opposed to blacks. That's just one issue.

Ironically PBS replayed a program Friday night of a concert at 16th St Baptist Church in Birmingham written by a black music professor that incorporated instruments Jews played in concentration camps.

https://www.uab.edu/news/arts/item/...enry-panion-iii-to-air-nationwide-in-february

15. davidio840

Lol...... wow.. ignorance at its finest. Last I check the radicals were the ones fighting to end slavery. Which for your info, the radical republicans were also very conservative. Learn some history pal.

16. dmoneybangbang

And the founding fathers were progressive!

No one would confuse modern conservatives with the party of Lincoln. Conservatives gave us Jim Crow and "States Rights". Interestingly Lincoln wasn't that big into states rights with slavery....

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Women have been oppressed by men.... that really isn't debatable. That includes white women.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Are we really going to equate the political party of today, to one 160 years ago? It is an incredibly simplistic and insincere.

What did he say that isn't factually accurate? Since the founding of the USA, white people have controlled the power structure. As a result, white people are responsible for the racist policies and outcomes. Does that mean that only whites are racist in the USA? Absolutely not, but white people control the power structure and have. At the end of the day, historically speaking in the USA nothing happens at a large scale without the support of white people...... it also isn't unique to the USA. Right now in South Africa they are going through the same thing post apartheid. Nothing governmental will be passed or changed without the approval of the black majority.

I really do not understand why people take it so personally.

malakas, joshuaao, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I tend to agree with this. I have seen it when it comes to Jews, homosexuals and poor whites. To be clear this isn't the majority of black people I have met or am friends with. However I have had some tell me that they are not concerned with the plight of a particular oppressed group until the inequality of black people is addressed. In fairness I have also seen the opposite where Jews I have known show little sympathy for the condition of blacks in America.

I would also point out that I see this less today than in the past. I know a lot of under 35 year old black people that are extremely involved and support the efforts of various other minority groups. We even see that with BLM, which is very involved in the rights of the LGBTQ community.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member