1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 16, 2020.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

In the current climate, yes you're racist. The reasons don't really matter much.

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I saw this and said he was wearing it ironically, with the skeleton teeth symbolizing the brutality/idiocy of that side. Then I get on the internet and there are thousands of posts taking it literally lol

Harden's not an idiot

RayRay10 and BigShasta like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah he was a vigilante that went around killing people outside of the legal system....... just about the worst possible symbol for the police.

TMac'n, Deuce, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I just hope he doesn’t apologize or say ANYTHING. Do not give anyone the satisfaction to think he cares about their opinions. Will be really disappointing if he says anything

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I disagree. Blue Lives Matter is a reaction to the uptick in violence against police, and the numerous ongoing police beatings and killings. As such, it just like Black Lives Matter, and White Pride has NOTHING to do with it. I don't think the Blue Lives Matter counterdicts Black Lives Matter at all...It is more a parallel and similar action, ironically over much the same issues.

People that have an issue with Blue Lives Matter, to me, are advocating violence against police..and kudos to Harden for being against that.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I have a problem with Thin Blue Line symbol. Especially on police cars paid for by the public.

I don't have any problem with whatever the f*** Harden wants to wear. He's not only a grown man, but can use his platform for whatever he wants.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I believe anyone who attaches law enforcement of domestic civilians with skull and bones symbolism is exactly what is wrong with the "warrior" culture in our law enforcement. So no I don't support those blue lives specifically because they are a part of the problem.

sirbaihu, topfive and Nook like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Oh course you do - because you want him to
    You are assuming a lot.

First violence against the police has fallen 90% since the 1970's.

Second Blue Lives Matter was founded in response to Black Lives Matter.

BMoney, D-rock, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

The lives of the men and women that protect our communities absolutely matter. **** a slogan

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  10. Mr. Space City

Black Lives Matter started in 2013. Blue Lives matter in 2014. 2015 was one of the safest years for police officers. The preliminary numbers report that 37 US police officers (41 including those from Puerto Rico) were intentionally killed by suspects in the line of duty in 2015, a decrease of 20% from 2014 and the second-lowest total in the past 12 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/16/us-police-deaths-decline-2015-fbi-data

Even then, the justice system has never had a problem putting people who murdered cops behind bars, but it Breonna Taylor's killers are still free, so naw, they are not the same.

BMoney, D-rock, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

King1, TMac'n, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

Doesn't matter, the mob wants blood

BigggReddd likes this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Disappointing he responded to that garbage

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Glad to hear it

16. Mr. Space City

now to the important matters, like how many minutes will dantony play pj tucker.

King1, BigMaloe, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Actually a cool mask. I want one now.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

His flag is post D'arcy ('07), so it's no good. ;)

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

classic harden

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is all he can do, though he won't be believed. The people who were predisposed to disliking him will say he's lying because they need a reason to justify their disdain. The people who are anti-Black Lives Matter will say he's lying because it doesn't fit their hope that he is anti-Black Lives Matter. He really can't win.

DreamShook and groovemachine like this.