1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 16, 2020.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

The first day the cops involved in George Floyd's murder go to prison and are released into general population.

House Rockets and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they cry when Max Kellerman doesn’t show them fake scripted love for their alleged favorite team

and they also cry when Kenny Smith doesn’t predict them to win the title every year
    Wait
    Kenny has been right

3. tinman

Supporting Member

The people here who hate Harden
    Don’t even like him when he wears red

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

5. tinman

Supporting Member

When people get robbed and realized when they call the ghostbusters, it won’t help them

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Office space

only superior intellects understand

harold bingo, RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

I love that James Harden does what he wants to do
    Or remembers that he can always do what he wants to do

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. macan

macan Member

i thought that blue represents Compton Crips..

King1 and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

exactly what I came to post. Harden known to hang around crip members. He for sure wore it for color reasons lol. Ppl are taking **** too serious.

King1, macan and tinman like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Probably the only model that fits over a giant beard.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

The problem with Harden wearing that is a lot of bigots and racist support that group. Just look at the comments in the Rockets tweet and see how many non basketball fans are approving the mask.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

When this covid thing hit, I went on Amazon and browsed at masks and bandana scarfs. I think I saw this pattern by a number of sellers.

Honestly, had no idea what it representated until this non story popped up.

King1, Nook, harold bingo and 5 others like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

there are plenty of people that support Police. Not just bigots and racists

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There's no chance he had any clue what that mask meant.

He shouldn't apologize because he has nothing to apologize for. I'm one that's been sickened with the behavior of law enforcement, but people are entitled to be different minded. Even if he did know what it meant that's his right, the mobs have gotten annoying.

If he didn't know what it meant, he should simply say he wasn't trying to make a statement, and he just thought it looked cool, nothing more. That's if he wants to respond at all, which he almost certainly will. He doesn't f**king need approval to wear whatever he wants

joshuaao, AXG and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Victorious

Victorious Member

Nothing wrong with supporting police, although bi don't think Harden is trying to be political. But racist and bigots have basically hijacked that brand. So that's why the big uproar from some people

harold bingo likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

#116 Mr. Space City, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

He should just say, “mask looked cool”. Then do his sideways head nod walk off the screen move.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont think all cops are bad so I can sympathize with both BLM and Thin Blue Line thinking .. beauty of being a moderate I guess.

Whats wrong with James extending an olive branch if this was a publicity stunt or intentional? Something or someone is going to have to bring both sides together at some point. You cant live without police and rule of law.

Its really simple -- get rid of the BAD COPS!! That guy Chauvin had a bunch of previous brutality claims .. could we not just get rid of cops with X amount of these types of issues?

the cancel culture is going for James, but he'll always be my dude.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Mr. Space City

Harden was best friends with Nipsey Hussle. I have a hard time believing he's Candace Owens, unless he simply comes out and says he supports the "movement". Harden has generally been apolitical, so it would be weird and not make sense for him to take such a strong stance on an issue all of a sudden.

Shitty thing is, guys like Mike Cernovich and Mark Dice praising him. is going to force him to have to say something.

#119 Mr. Space City, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    joshuaao and harold bingo like this.
  20. jayland

jayland Member

Speaking of cop on cop crime: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt

This is an incident where a former black LAPD officer tried to do the right thing and reported excessive force and racism by other officers. They fired him as retaliation. He then killed a number of cops as revenge, which lead to a manhunt, and a standoff.

The message is very clear among cops. Cops are expected to protect other cops that do something wrong or at the very least look the other way. This is why BLM supports dismantling the current police system and rebuilding it from scratch. Most police departments are too corrupt to just reform.