1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 16, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

terrible look man. he needs to drop a tweet saying he didnt know wtf it meant.

2. Dandy Chiggins

So when was it wrong to support police. Mad props to harden for doing what he believes. I guess its wrong to think for yourself. I still believe politics should never play there way into sports. Mad props to harden still.

Y2JT, waytookrzy079 and kjayp like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We are literally living in a clown world.

I don’t know what’s funnier, the amount of people who claim harden is stupid because he doesn’t know what he’s wearing.

Or that there’s people who literally think every single law enforcement officer needs to be punished for the actions of a few.

Clown. World.

Would rep Harden in real life if I could. Over here where people aren’t so Insane, I’ve had three people who hate Harden and the Rockets, message me saying they gained a huge amount of respect for Harden.

4. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

Think we all know Harden will be issuing an apology tomorrow with the media since it’s all that will be asked. I honestly think he didn’t know what the mask was. And if he did then great. If not great. Who cares? Harden has always been very private when it comes to anything political or controversial and I appreciate that. Social media has created this cancel culture and I despise it so much.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hope James didn't know what that was

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I just don't understand why it always has to be us?

Why can't we stay out of the news as an organization?

rocketman84, icewill36 and DreamShook like this.
  7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Who gives a **** if he knew what it was, or what it wasn't.

If he comes out tomorrow and apologizes for it, then great. If he doesn't, then great. He is a badass basketball player representing our team and we all root for him if you are a real Rockets fan. Political opinion does not matter in sports and the fact that the media continues to make that a point is ridiculous!

Let's worry about how in shape he is, or isn't, on the 31st of this month and we can all judge him on his performance. That's why we are all on this forum to begin with.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I’m all for people standing up for what they believe in - I cannot stand police unions, they are the scum of the earth... but I really don’t care if Harden did or didn’t know what the mask represented.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Now just isn't the time for it. Everyone is trying to come up with ways to fight social injustice and you come with some blue lives matter stuff just isn't a smart move if he did this on purpose. I doubt he did though because he isn't the type to speak out or make a statement anyway. This will most certainly get blown up on sports talk shows though and social media is going to kill the rockets, as usual. Whether it's Tillman, Morey, or harden we just can't seem to stop giving the haters ammunition. Smh

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It really feels like it's always the Rockets. China, Missed Dunk Gate, 6'5 center, now this. And this is just this year. smh

1Deep and HP3 like this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

This is a wink wink to the corrupt refs. We need the refs on our side. ;)

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

lionaire likes this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I've never even heard of this blue lines thing till now. If you told me that mask was controversial I'd think it was a Crip mask before a cop mask. Rather than an apology, we need a bunch of players coming out and saying that they've never even heard of that backwater movement. I don't think you have to be wary of symbology that's not even a part of mainstream culture.

Also, just saw he was interview on ESPN wearing that mask and they posted it and no one even noticed. If some rando on twitter has to point out that a symbol has a political implication, then that means that it's not a big enough thing to deserve that implication. This is a non story.

#73 lakersuck2, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

all part of Tilmans plan to increase revenue

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

At least his bros got his back

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The faux outrage at this is crazy to me. The idea that James Harden, who was born and raised in Compton, is pushing an anti-BLM movement message is insane.

NotInMyHouse, Nook, sirbaihu and 6 others like this.
  17. jayland

jayland Member

Harden can atone by wearing these next.

[​IMG]

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it evil if I lol'd?

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

End of story.

20. Rocketsfan3422

I have so much more respect for Harden. Now that is Brave.