1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Ford Bronco To Be Released On O.J.'s Birthday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

good news the bronco has an all new untested 7 speed manual getrag that surely will be flawless in it's first application with 35" tires and off road stress.

Joshfast, tinman and KingCheetah like this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hot enough for Toyota to stop making them.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Same with Honda Elements -- they have VW bus cult popularity now.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They got screwed on timing slightly but also the TRD 4Runner is so good. On the used market the FJ Cruiser is silly expensive.

tinman, donkeypunch and Joshfast like this.
  5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I don't get all the hate. It looks beautiful. The sport isn't as appealing but yeah they look nice. And as far as the engine and transmission I'm sure Ford isn't going to roll out lemons after a much hyped release of the classic Bronco.

Bandwagoner and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

upload_2020-7-15_16-4-6.gif

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I traded in my 2010 FJ a couple years ago. I got $26K in trade-in value. Some cars depreciate slower than others. I miss Appa so much. I've felt regret ever since I traded the FJ in, but I had to with a growing family. I'm feeling impulsive, and this new Bronco might be my next obsession.

Jontro and tinman like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My wife has been fiending after a four door Wrangler. She took one look at the new Bronco and changed her mind instantly. We figure we can one in great shape used about a year or two after launch.

Mistake.

I have an 07 FJ. Love it to death and it will never break down and they're actually going up in value.

9. clutch citizen

I know. I miss it. I even miss the tense feeling I get when driving behind a big vehicle. Never thought I'd miss that perpendicular windshield. Hold onto it forever! It always held value, it went up even more when they discontinued it. This new Bronco really feels like what the FJ was going to evolve to today. I might hold off for a few months to see if any FJ return rumors pop up.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I always hated VW's. It didn't matter what VW it was. But for some reason, I've started loving old VW buses lately for just how they look. Those 23-window models restored are 6 figure/$200,000 vehicles. Unreal.

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. Xerobull

There’s a chance they will bring them back of bronco sales are high, and I hope they keep the mean retro look.

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-will-build-a-new-fj-cruiser-if-you-want-it

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats an awesome return. What were they new- 35k?

13. clutch citizen

Yup, somewhere around there. i don’t remember the exact number but I think it was around the mid 30’s.

Fingers crossed. Definitely would need to keep the utilitarian theme. Loved the oversized buttons and dials. It they change it up, at least the bronco checks all the boxes. I might just go for it regardless.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I like the looks of the new Bronco. I'd take a 2 door for sure.

I never owned a ford until I bought a 2018 Ford Transit Van that I pretty much live out of. I love that damn van. The eco-boost engine makes that my big ass van fly!. 53,000 Miles problem free miles so far.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

17. Xerobull

All Six 2021 Ford Bronco Trim Levels Pose Together For The First Time

by [​IMG]Brett FooteOctober 6, 2020, 1:38 pm1Comment

[​IMG]
    Sponsored Links

Ford has been hard at work putting together pre-production Ford Bronco examples at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant as it tests its tooling before real production begins. We’ve already seen Base and Badlands Bronco trim levels emerge from the assembly line, but now, Bronco Nation has caught all six Bronco trim levels lined up next to each other for the very first time.

[​IMG]

From left to right, the Broncos seen here are Badlands, Wildtrak, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Big Bend, and Base trims. It’s a great first look at the full lineup of (almost) real pre-production models and how they’ll stack up, and Bronco Nation also shared a few pictures of these various examples and their distinct paint colors as they were going through the production process, too.

Sponsored Links

[​IMG]

Seeing each of the six Bronco trim levels in near-production form should be helpful for the 165,000 plus reservation holders currently awaiting the launch of the Bronco configurator, which is scheduled to happen in the next week or so. We also recently learned details surrounding the Bronco dealer allocation process, as well as a timeline for converting reservations to actual orders.

[​IMG]

Sponsored Links

Ford expects to sell around 200,000 Bronco and Bronco Sport models combined in 2021, though that won’t include all reservations. In fact, the automaker has already stated that some of those reservations wouldn’t be filled until 2022, though deliveries will begin this coming spring.

[​IMG]

Those that opt to add any of the 200 or so official Ford accessories to their Broncos during the build and price phase will be able to do so with labor included at the dealership, as we recently learned, as well as roll the cost of those parts into the financing or lease price of the vehicle.

Sponsored Links

[​IMG]

We’ll have much more on the Bronco in the coming days, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Bronco news, and non-stop Ford