1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You can believe the CDC and experts like Dr. Fauci... or a pathological liar, like trump... at the risk of the lves and health our our children and their teachers...

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

Appears trump is freezing Fauci out...

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

4. conquistador#11

I don't like how some take hospitalization numbers as a big nothing. I've gone into detail about my bout with cancer in the early 2000s. Yet till this day I will hesitate and avoid going to the hospital at all cost. The last time I went was in 2013 and it took 5 days straight of nose bleeds to go. I imagine a lot of people are like me when it comes to hospital, even with a great insurance.
    It's not like going to Sam's Club the week before your card expires to shop for some bulk deals. I hate hospitals. Dammit my Sam's choice card really is about to expire. Need Razors and hostess cakes pack of 50.

arkoe, B-Bob, Nook and 3 others like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

B-Bob, RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

10. NewRoxFan

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. Nook

Nook Member

This is the rule that I have started to adopt and it bothers me because there is no strong logic or scientific basis for it.... but a greatly accurate measure is to listen to whatever Trump demands and then support the opposite. The reality is he is wrong on virtually everything.... so when in doubt just take the opposite position.

For example: Someone comes to you and asks if you support tariff XYZ.... now you have never heard of tariff XYZ.... but then the person asking says Trump supports it.... you immediately know to be AGAINST the tariff.

So, although I believe children need to go back to school physically when possible... I am going to lean against it right now, because Trump supports it and on COVID he has been proven to be wrong at least 90% of the time.

IBTL, B-Bob, deb4rockets and 3 others like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Ducking questions about russian bounties and the worsening COVID-19 situation and his ineffective response. Suggest they be questions 1 and 2 at the debates...

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

So much winning... didn't trump say it would go away in April? Did he say which April?

joshuaao, IBTL, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump is a pompous jerk. He totally disrespects Dr. Fauci, because he doesn't tell people what he wants them to hear. He disrespects everyone who doesn't say what he wants people to hear. He is an ego driven psychopath who would rather twist the facts, hide the truth, deflect from the truth, and flat out lie if it serves his purpose.

The massive amounts of people being hospitalized and dying of Coronavirus don't seem to bother him. It's his poll ratings dropping, accusations of tax fraud, his niece's book, Bolton's book, SAT conspiracies, Russia conspiracies, and all the other investigations of him that are the focus of his time and energy. He has shady friends and associates getting locked up and he knows he might be next.

He just wants people to shut up about the virus and get used to it. Get to work, get to school. The more I think about that tweet he made the more it blows my mind. Let me refresh this tweet.

What a completely ridiculous example. He can't be this stupid. Maybe he just thinks everyone else is. Here's another example of his comparison to tell people it's safe to go to school.

Germany, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden have a combined population of 105 million.
    Texas, Florida, California, and Arizona have a combined population of 98 million.

Germany, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden had a combined 465 new cases today and 23 deaths. Texas Florida, California, and Arizona had a combined 31,634 new cases and 433 deaths.

His example meant to make us feel safe about getting back to school couldn't be any more ridiculous. It's almost laughable, but infuriates me because he will get his toy soldiers to follow his marching orders regardless of how dangerous they may be. If they don't, he will cut them off at the knees, laughing and making fun of them as they beg for funding and aid.

#4058 deb4rockets, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    joshuaao, Nook, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dear Trump,

**** You

- jayhow92, MD

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many excuses, rationalizations have we heard from Trump and those who follow him?
    1. It’s a hoax
    2. It’s only a few people.
    3. It’s going to disappear.
    4. It’s no worse than the seasonal flu.
    5. Heat will make it disappear.
    6. It can’t hurt people under 50.
    7. Hospitals are lying about their numbers.
    8. We only have more cases because we’re testing more.
    9. Masks don’t work and wearing them could make you sick.
    10. It’s only the death count that matters.