1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Jump] Adam Silver: China requested Daryl Morey's firing; We said "No Chance"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 17, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a theory that Winnie or Xi is just a puppet, or is it just me, thing is you don't know who the true group is behind the Party.

You can't identify them.

With any party there are parts who are not in agreement.

In the past the US has identified the Iran and Russia as baddies but never itself.

True, the CCP does represent everything that's not US but they have one thing in common.

Power and world influence.

And of course they need one another.

#221 daywalker02, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tiktok is definitely a Chinese app

Now they know how our lazy attention starved teenagers dance and talk about dumb stuff

their secret weapon is now inflicting pain on the poor communist army intelligence officers who have to explain to them what the kids are doing

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Xilluminati?

joshuaao, tinman, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Very accurate. It's crazy - it's like this country has become so political that since Trump admonishes China, he must be wrong because he's wrong about everything and the government must actually be run by great people. Never understood the woke crowd giving China a free pass - they're the ones blatantly disregarding every cause they supposedly care for at the largest scale in the world.

If people had issues with specific parts of that letter she calls out, I'd be interested to hear them.

pantherheat1022 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Xi can F off!!!!

#StandByHongKong

pantherheat1022 and tinman like this.
  6. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

glad she called out fake social justice warrior lebron James.

one thing to stay silent on a humanitarian issue, another to criticizes someone for speaking up against it.
    sold his soul to nike.
    when it came to china, he basically said "im gonna STFU and dribble"

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why don't you post that crap in D&D. I'd love to respond to your post, which doesn't make any sense at all ("Fascist left? praise and defend China?" you make no sense at all), but this isn't the forum for it. D&D was created in order to keep the politics out of the GARM and out of Hangout. Why don't you "woke up" and post your nonsense down there where it belongs. Thanks in advance.

8. raining threes

The first poster I've ever seen that thinks Morey is uneducated about what he speaks of.

LMAO

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder does she understand that it isn't about the Chinese government or their ruling class. The consumers in China don't have real say in how their country is run. They just want to watch basketball. Why should they be punished because their government is up to no good? This, in my opinion, is a silly publicity stunt. And I'd add that it's also small minded. How does it help China for the Chinese people to see the freedoms our players and, ahem, our GM have? Honestly, I'm shocked they allow it. I'm shocked they allow the NBA to act as sort of unofficial ambassadors that show the people of China that we're not their enemy.

And it's dumb as hell to want to undo any of that. Yeah, keep securing the bag, Adam Silver. But also keep showing China what democratic values look like on the sly. It's the best thing we can do to fight dictatorships whether it be through sports, art, music, films, etc.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

Move the post to D&D if the direct issue at hand about the fascist Chinese gov't and Morey doesn't belong here.

Otherwise, Chinese gov't is part of this conversation, fair play for me to criticize in defense of Morey, and your topicality argument isn't changing my mind on anything.

pantherheat1022 likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have not interest in changing your mind. My only interest is in keeping politics out of the GARM. That your assumptions about the politics of other people are wildly off base is your problem, not mine. It's said that ignorance is bliss. You have to be incredibly happy.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

From what perspective is this true? The sitting president may always portray themselves as doing the right thing but America isn't (and has never been) a county unified on opinion since its founding. More recently, the Vietnam war is one of the most demonized wars in history among American opinion. The 2000's Iraq War is probably 2nd place. The Cold War ('Russia being the baddies') has a huge gamut of opinions and has most people scratching their heads given that so much of it was clandestine.

In the US we are allowed to have critical opinions of anyone including ourselves (thank goodness). And that's why there isn't that much outrage about Morey.

D-rock likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Triggered Woj :D

https://outkick.com/senator-josh-hawley-wants-action-not-apologies-for-woj-f-bomb/

Senator Josh Hawley told Outkick.com this afternoon that he’s not looking for ESPN or its superstar NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski to apologize for his profane email response to the Republican lawmaker’s letter questioning the league’s social justice messaging.

“No, I don’t want an apology. I want ESPN to ask the NBA why they won’t let players stand up for America and be able to criticize China’s actions,” Hawley said. “But maybe ESPN won’t say anything because they benefit from the NBA’s global presence. Until ESPN speaks out, all they are really doing is enabling the Chinese Communist Party to stifle free speech in America.”

Friday morning Hawley shared with the media the letter he wrote to NBA commissioner Adam Silver that asked the league to approve messaging on the back of player jerseys that supported police officers, freedom protesters in Hong Kong and American patriotism. The NBA has sanctioned its players to choose messaging consistent with the Black Lives Matter protest movement.

Wojnarowski, the league’s top insider, responded to Hawley’s letter with a 2-word email reply: “**** You.” Hawley shared Wojnarowski’s email via Twitter.

Hawley told Outkick that a number of lawmakers share his concern over the NBA’s relationship with China. The junior senator from Missouri blamed the media for failing to properly educate the public about the dangers of China’s influence.

“I think normal Americans get it, but the media and the corporate class want to look the other way,” Hawley said. “Normal, working Americans have understood at a gut level for years the threat from China, including the threat to our jobs. It’s the political establishment and the corporate class that kowtow to China.”

#234 J.R., Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    pantherheat1022 and tinman like this.
  15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They are more outraged by a reporter sending a rude email message than the government doing nothing about Russians paying the Taliban to kill American troops.

D-rock, JuNx, Invisible Fan and 4 others like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Morey was right

D-rock likes this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

if you aren’t aware of the current sanctions imposed on Russia, it’s your problem, not everyone else’s

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Toothless sanctions.

Imposed after Russians interfered in US elections, and begrudgingly enacted because our leader believed in Putin's "strong" denial.

Bounties are more recent, no penalties or admonitions towards Russia or the Taliban have been even discussed because our leader believes the bounties to be a hoax even though GRU>Taliban money trail to at least 3 servicemen's deaths have been traced.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

TMac'n and D-rock like this.