1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craiglist vs Facebook Marketplace

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by asianballa23, Jun 22, 2020.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Which one you guys have better experience and find better price and more reliable buyer/seller?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

at this point offerup and marketplace >>>>

3. SuraGotMadHops

I've had great experiences selling on FB marketplace. Wayyy more reliable and I feel safer than Craigslist.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Don't really use either one but assuming FB as you can actually see the person vs. Craigslist which is anonymous?

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Craigslist is pretty much dead isnt it?

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have had excellent experiences with FB marketplace, it helps you can get a sense of the seller when looking at the listing

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

FB Marketplace is where it's at.

It's still alive but a third option as evinced by the responses to this thread. eBay drove it into the ground with neglect then unloaded it.

8. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Much better experiences on FB marketplace.

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Offerup

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

OfferUp and Facebook market place have been great. I don’t even bother with craigslist.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

FB Marketplace is generally better nowadays, but there's still a lot of stuff that old timers sell that Craigslist is better for, such as tools.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm still subscribed to Craigslist alerts for specific rare classic cars that go on sale in a 250 mile radius. I have been for like 10 years. I get like... nothing nowadays. 0 alerts. 2 on a good week.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

CL is okay... Sometimes, I've been using it to find deals on vintage audio amps, I've used FB and ebay, mainly sell on ebay out of habit but lately just donating.

I find higher end audio on ebay/CL, but need to try offer up/letgo again - I've had luck there before. The other nice thing is there seems to be less scam posts on cars on CL since they now charge to post cars.

Anyone use anyone else for audio equipment? I am also talking about like separate amps for home use/hifi use old carver/nikko (possibly) /yamaha amps - even pro equipment, or speakers like a kef/b&o etc etc. Depending on use. I thought about other sites but seem to have decent luck on cl/ebay

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Great store in Old Town Spring called Space City Audio. Lots of old records and audio equipment (and a few lines of new equipment).

https://spacecityaudio.com/

There is also a used record and audio store in Traders Village.

https://www.soundsgoodtomehouston.com/

CCity Zero likes this.