1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tempurpedic / Sleep Number / etc

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TL, Dec 27, 2015.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

You can negotiate on certain mattresses and products. Tempurpedic are price locked though so not on those. Simmons Black Hybrids are pretty awesome, you should give those a try.

2. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

Yea he bought it a couple years ago so he's probably past that. He's been doing doctor ordered PT and says it helps.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My brother got a king for something stupid cheap like $800 on clearance at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Dallas. I paid less but still added up to nearly $3000 with extras at Mattress Firm Clearance Center. This was for the Rhapsody a few years ago.

4. TheBigCheeze

TheBigCheeze Member

We just got a king from these guys.
    https://www.tuftandneedle.com

They sell on Amazon, but if you buy it from the company you get a 100 night sleep trial for the same price. If you don't like it, the company wants you to donate it and show them the receipt for your refund.

5. likestohypeguy

Like others, my experience with the off brands mf mattresses end up with this sink holes almost immediately, while the real tempurpedic, somehow their foam does really hold up for a decade plus.

My preference is a thin layer of memory foam over a thick latex core, all on springs. Either mattress inner springs or old school box springs (actual springs, not a wire/rod or wood grid), my current setup. Best if they're all separate layers, so you can replace the mf layer which will die first.

And with nothing between your sheet & the mattress. No pillowy toppers, no waterproof cases etc. they rob support and conforming action of latex and mf.

If your back is 100 percent, none of this matters, congrats you can sleep on anything.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How do you like it so far? And have you tried out any of the competitors?

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

same here..

best sleep ever..

been on mine for about ten as well

love them

8. TheBigCheeze

TheBigCheeze Member

It's been fantastic so far. Since this type of mattress doesn't need a box spring we were able to get a taller frame and have decent storage under the bed.
    http://amzn.com/B006MIVR06

For a couple, I highly recommend getting a KING SIZE MATTRESS! The best decision ever! As for the mattress itself, it's awesome. You sink a little but then the support layer kicks in. Its great for side, back or stomach sleepers. I move around a little during the night and my wife never gets woken up from it. The mattress has 2 layers of foam. They have a pretty good reason why on they designed it this way.
    https://www.tuftandneedle.com/about/truth

I have tried a couple of the competitors. Some full mattresses and some of the mattress toppers. All of the memory foam mattresses are decent, but the toppers are not. The price of some other foam type mattresses are a little outrageous. I was quoted in a few furniture stores of 2 to 3 grand and up for some of these!

The 100 night trial, return policy and price were what led me to give this one try.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Best $750 I ever spent. It is ridiculous how much better my sleep is now compared to before, and I've tried about 3-different memory/latex foam options. Tuft and Needle literally changed my life. I wake up every day alert, refreshed and energetic and I don't get tired during the day, even if I don't get a full night's sleep.

Don't bother with the $8,000 brand names. Go buy a Tuft & Needle. You've got nothing to lose (free 30 day return, they come to your house and pick it up if you don't want it) and you'll thank me later.

1 person likes this.
  10. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I'm very close to buying a Sleep Number and wanted to hear any feedback on this. If any of you have had a good or bad experience I'm interested. I have a general distrust of reviews because I guess I always suspect they are mostly scripted or the result of those with significant bias (good or bad).

But I trust Clutchfans reviews completely :)

I'm a big man, 250 lbs, so looking for the big man perspective specifically. Thanks