1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I knew that......from IMDB......but (sadly.....or not), I’ve never seen a single episode of that show. Hell, I just recently saw my first episode of The Office. I don’t get around much.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I initially dismissed this film as something that wasn’t up my alley. But, I watched it after reading your review and enjoyed it a lot. The very end scene seems to imply Tyler... . But, that is for the sequel.

conquistador#11 and JunkyardDwg like this.
  4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind a spinoff movie, or a larger sequel role, for his mercenary friend Nik Kahn. In her limited screen time at the end she was a badass.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

That's a good idea for a thread: necessary and proper remakes and spinoffs.

Stalag 17 was mentioned already

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Coherence (8/10) - need to rewatch, pretty confusing...cool story on how it's made too. guy basically invited actor friends that he knew over to a dinner party and told them they were gonna make a movie.

currently streaming on prime

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

Was disturbed after re-watching Stark Trek again that captain Pike would pick Kirk for hand-to-hand combat when just 5 seconds before that moment Kirks hands were swollen beyond belief. That just made no sense tactically and Spok really should have pointed that out. Or at least the doctor.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True Confessions. 7/10. 1981 flick with a Raging Bull-era De Niro in an unconvincing performance as a priest, Robert Duvall much better as his police detective brother. Slow at times, worth watching though.
    The Guard. 9/10. on Buck's recommendation. excellent flick, dry, dry humor. really enjoyed this one.
    Boondock Saints. 9/10. Hadn't seen this in years, didn't remember it being as funny as it is. Holds up well.
    The Human Comedy. 7/10, 1943 version with Mickey Rooney. Novel by Saroyan was one of my favorites as a kid, hadn't realized he wrote the book after getting removed from the film project. A bit syrupy but interesting as a piece of WWII culture.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Child's Play (7/10)

Surprisingly good. Thought it was better than the original. Premise was more believable.

I think the way Chucky looks in this remake really turned me away from watching it in the first place but with nothing else to watch, I'm glad I watched it.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ford vs. Ferrari - 8/10 - I really enjoyed this one. A story that I had no idea about until I watched. I didn't even read up on it beforehand like I usually do. Christian Bale was...well, Christian Bale. Great movie making even if it was a little long.

I have Doctor Sleep queued up for tonight after the wife and kids go to bed.

11. conquistador#11

A Simple Favor-7.8/ 10 on Hulu :
    Remember when the internet attempted to cancel Serena Van DerWoodsen's booty because she used Sir Mix A lot lyrics in a tweet? Thank Baby Moses that they didn't succeed! This one is a really good movie to watch on a date night with your wifey, gf, lover or all three, I'm not going to judge. Anna Kendrick keeps it quirky and perky as a vlogger with her own youtube channel dedicated to moms, who one day befriends the classy upscale Serena.
    Brotherfu*ke*!! I would definitely watch again.

12. Buck Turgidson

No, is this a real sentence?

13. conquistador#11

[​IMG]

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I've seen quite a few the past few weeks:

Ad Astra: 7/10, I liked it, but the end was silly to me...

Extraction: 7.5/10, lots of shooting, action, but with a decent story, not too bad...

Blue is the warmest color: 6.5/10, long French movie, but the scenes were 10/10...

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

BL is the best example of plastic surgery gone right there is.

16. Buck Turgidson

Road House, hah, how can you not watch it if it's on?

"That girl's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that."

17. Buck Turgidson

Watching Cobra this morning, what a gloriously awesome terrible movie. I wish there was a director's cut out there, apparently the original cut was bonkers...they had to cut out 20-30 minutes of violence to keep it from getting an X-rating.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I am wearing a Double Deuce T-Shirt right now.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Haha, I love Cobra. I wonder what it was with Stallone that made him want to make all his movies as violent as possible. I remember reading that he was originally part of production on Beverly Hills Cop, and instead of a comedy he tried to turn it into some dark, ultra-violent thing, so they replaced him with Murphy.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The circle - 2/10 what a dumb effing movie.