1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are watching an all-time great in his Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 16, 2018.

?

are we taking harden for granted

1. No

18.2%
  2. Yes

81.8%
  1. riko

riko Member

Without a doubt the best offensive player of this generation

D-rock likes this.
  2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

okc and cp3 came back from down 18 in the second half to beat kings!

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

more than Kobe, Jordan and LBJ

D-rock, vlaurelio and Patience like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say Curry, LeBron and KD are the only ones who are better offensive players. Definitely still one of the top 10 offensive players of all time.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wrong again.

Harden has been the best offensive player in last 3 years, at least top 2 in last 6 years.

topfive and vlaurelio like this.
  6. mikol13

Supporting Member

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I bet @fchowd0311 would blame Harden for holding back PJ from being an All Star

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like how many times do I have to say Harden is a top 5 player in the league and a top 25 player of all time before you realize that I don't think Harden is a srub? Do I criticize him a lot? Sure. I'm not the most fond of his play style but I will always acknowledge and defend against non rocket fans that Harden is a top 5 player and top 25 player of all time.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sorry couldn't resist :D

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We ain't watching anything at the moment.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hakeem the Dream agrees.

“It’s very difficult to carry a team from that position, and he’s proven that comfortably, reaching new heights. Look at his statistics. He’s a player to the level of Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain.

It’s something unbelievable in this era. There’s no question about James’ ability as a champion. I think it’s just a matter of time. Any player you put with James Harden, it will work. Because James is such a complete player. He’s a winner and he knows how to win.”

https://spacecityscoop.com/2020/06/16/houston-rockets-hakeem-olajuwon-james-harden-unbelievable/2/

mikol13 likes this.
  12. mikol13

Supporting Member

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@fchowd0311 looking where his heroes steph and KD at

hakeem94, D-rock and mikol13 like this.
  14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

That dude is a top shelf collector of Harden facts to counter the haters with. His posts are ridiculously good.
    https://twitter.com/arxanii

15. mikol13

Supporting Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

A GREAT FIND, thanks
    heres a great tweet about harden being fouled

mikol13 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

BigShasta and mikol13 like this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Screw you, dude!
    I havent b****ed about Harden flopping in years - basically since he stopped doing it so egregiously..

If you wanna go there though... the dude used to drive the lane and throw up his arms and start flailing before he even got to the defenders... He used to hook guys that were coming off screens and pull them into him to try to get the call...
    At the time, many folks on here went with the 'everybody does it' and 'whatever you have to do to win' rhetoric - and then cry when the officials (who had gotten used previously) would then swallow their whistles in the playoffs...

I'm thankful Harden no longer relies on such tactics (or at least limits then considerably) and actually does draw the foul through outsmarting the defender. If you dont see how he has evolved in this respect then maybe you should pay closer attention...

CP3 was the worst flopper in the game - which i was truly thankful he toned it down considerably when he got here... nothing used to piss me off more than him and his phantom fouls where he'd jerk his head back and crumble to the ground without being touched... (I mention this for context regarding my disdain for floppers)

On a personal note - since ur making it personal... You used to be a good poster... now maybe you and valuerillo or whatever his name is should go out clubbing together... like minds and all... smh...

but yeh, you just keep working your revisionist history, buddy - yer perfect for this day and age... smh...

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

those tweets were exactly what I needed

Handling Harden haters is light work, but why type up responses when video evidence can illustrate everything I’m saying?

when I see someone talking about Harden not deserving free throws and flopping with every foul, a quick “foh” and these 2 tweets will have a Harden hater in the fetal position

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

jordnnnn likes this.