1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

The Leftovers, Fargo, Veep, True Detective (1&3), Archer, Big Little Lies, Always Sunny, Barry, Atlanta, Key & Peele

oelman44 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Was trying to keep it to kind of the same type shows.

I agree on most of those being good especially Fargo.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Binged all 4 seasons of Star Wars Rebels which was surprisingly enjoyable. I liked the Maul and Ahsoka tie ins.

Also watched the last couple of episodes of Clone Wars. Final episode was the most edge of my seat that I recall for something animated; very well done.

Waco on Netflix was worth the 6 episodes to watch. They filmed it near my buddies ranch in New Mexico.

#343 Phillyrocket, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just watched the original "Odd Couple" movie from 1968. Good, but Grumpy old men is better.

Best line"

"You leave little notes on my pillow! I hate little notes! Last one? We're out of Corn Flakes - F.U. Took me 3 hours to figure out that was meant as Felix Unger!"

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Catching up on shows I recieved recomendations on but I missed.

Better Call Saul - Big Breaking Bad fan so can't go wrong here.

Altered Carbon - Excellent Sci Fi series on Netflix, look forward to any future seasons.

Insecure - Funny HBO show, I enjoy Issa Rae

Cobra Kai - Karate Kid sequel on You Tube, they did a good job and it's suprising how they set it up.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

just started Black Sails on Hulu. Halfway through season 2.

I'm digging it. so far.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Agreed with this. I watched it over a year ago, and having time to reflect, it's definitely not upper-echelon BB worthy. But it might be the most watchable show I've ever seen - and not in a dumb, mindless way at all. Funny, sharp, entertaining, and can dip into those tense-BB moments (though in a bit sillier of a fashion). It's really got it all

jiggyfly and dobro1229 like this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

The Deuce - Big David Simon fan and was impressed that he even made James Franco's two characters in the show likable. I usually can't stand James Franco is most cinema. I think his best role was the stoner drug dealer in Pineapple Express up until this series. Thought it covered the sex trade and mafia influence in the seedier parts of New York City pretty well. I liked that each season covered a different decade of American history while doing it. Season 1 is 60s. Season 2 70s, and Season 3 80s. Not a happy show to watch but really good nonetheless.

GITS 2045 - Guess this should go in the anime thread but I enjoyed the series. I think it does futuristic Sci-Fi right that is realistic enough that I could see that being the future.

What We Do In The Shadows - Really funny show that captures the spirit of the original movie well.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Never seen it before until I started a few weeks back. At Season 6 so far and can see what all the hype was about.

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  9. conquistador#11

Anyone watch 'Reality Z' yet? I think it's Portuguese.
    I remember an underrated British zombie movie with that name.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Halfway through Zero Zero Zero on Amazon. Really enjoying it and highly recommended

11. Buck Turgidson

Do you now brings the ruckus to the ladies?

London'sBurning likes this.
  12. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

What's a jackalate?

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dr. Who. Never watched it before but it’s on HBO Max so why not.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Watched the Prometheus Aliens documentary and followed that up with some you tube on the engineers. And wow, if they had at least told us all of that the movie would have been a lot better. They simply didn't explain it well. Now I know the entire history of the engineers and possibly the aliens. Much more interesting. Even the goo, seeding, octo-squid and the mouth breeders explained. The director just messed up, and I can only think he's so close to the material he didn't realize how little the rest of us actually were capable of figuring out without the internet.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yes...I liked it very much. I also watched the other new series on Netflix called Curon and enjoyed it as well.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"PEN15" on Hulu is absolutely hilarious. Just watched the pilot and its nuts how these grown ass women are playing these 7th grade girls. I mean, if a couple of grown ass men did this show with this same concept, holy ****, it would be pedo news front page.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IT is all about which Doctor you start with

Rocket River

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Watched Horry trying to stop Shaq in College on the SEC network. They were matched up at Center. And surprisingly, Horry held his own using his length to front and defend the entry pass. He only had 4 point, but he did his job on Shaq.

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

what is the documentary called?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson