1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

On the flip side, I've been guilty far too often of overestimating the American people when it comes to elections.

Mostly just trying to spread some sunshine and light.

jiggyfly, Jayzers_100 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Trump is a horrible person who has done a terrible job as president. I cannot imagine a scenario where he would get my vote. What I am concerned about is that if these protesters don't tone it down a little they are going to gift wrap four more years to Donald J. Trump. Thanks to the electoral college, the election is going to be decided by a handful of states. It is going to come down to Arizona, Penn, Mich, and Minn. If a small percentage of undecideds change their mind and vote Trump, and buy into his law and order message, it would be enough for him to squeak out another term due to the electoral college.

I am all for those protesting peacefully but the looting and the burning down of other peoples businesses needs to stop. Right now Biden has a considerable lead. Not that he is that great of a candidate but mainly due to dissatisfaction with Trump. As a society, I don't think we can get through four more years of Trump's lies, deceptions, divisiveness, and overall callousness. Biden is a decent, compassionate person and the antithesis of what we have now in Trump. Whatever happens, we will be much better off if Biden wins. Let's not give people a reason not to vote for him in November.

Nook, DVauthrin and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

That point about Hillary is very true. Hillary excited no one. Many people viewed her as being just as unpopular and untrustworthy as Trump, but Trump was something new who might bring about change.

I remember all that talk of Trump “draining the swamp”...LOL

4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

He drained the swamp and replaced it with a swamp on steroids.

Reeko likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

States that trump easily won in 2016 have tightened...

Iowa Poll: Donald Trump leads Joe Biden by 1 point in tight contest for president
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ald-trump-leads-joe-biden-1-point/3178743001/

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Polls shmolls... they're all wrong and fake media...

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu...n15?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

RayRay10 and baller4life315 like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the key is one message to defeating Trump:

If you care about anything at all you need to go vote no matter what they do to try to intimidate you or make it hard. If there was ever a time to wait 4 hours to cast a vote, this is it. But whatever you do, don't let them take your vote away.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Biden’s messaging right now needs to go STRONG on the economy. Highlight the following:

Trump:
    -botched corona response
    -created legislation that benefits the rich
    -Grifting and corruption

Biden:
    -Great Recession recovery
    -Safe Re-opening plan
    -2021 stimulus plan
    -Infrastructure investment plan

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’ve considered this but at the end of the day, no matter how one views the riots, they’re happening during Trump’s administration. Nixon was able to run as the “law and order” candidate because he wasn’t president in 1968. Biden will be seen as the one cleaning up Trump’s mess

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

But remember, Nixon did get reelected. Nixon is probably the second worst president behind only Trump, subject to mood swings, thinks the media is out to get him, sharing many of the same personality traits. The difference between the two is that Trump seemingly can tell an infinite amount of lies and dish out insults nonstop and get away with it. We have a Senate controlled by a Rep majority that looks the other way no matter what Trump does so he gets away with anything. Trump once said he could shoot someone on main street and get away with it.

We have two ways to get rid of Trump. Vote him out of office or take back the Senate and keep control of the House. I am increasingly convinced that the current Administration is more focused on their own self interests than doing what is right for the majority of the American people. Therefore Trump will continue to divide us rather than show any effort to bring us together for the greater good. With Covid19 ramping back up again along with civil unrest due to ongoing protests and riots and Trump about to hit the campaign trail, the next 5 or 6 months are going to interesting. If enough people get out and vote, and if enough people our not fooled by Trump's lies, we can begin steering our country in the proper direction. The damage caused by Trump's presidency will be with us for a long time but eventually we can recover from it.

11. NewRoxFan

Imagine going into 2016 if the then candidate for president of the United States would be asked if Americans would be less proud to be Americans? Heck, seems that oe of the candidates even built a campaign around a slogan to "Make America Great Again". And now four years later, more American's are not prod of America... I wonder why?

Thanks trump!

JUNE 15, 2020
    U.S. National Pride Falls to Record Low
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/312644/national-pride-falls-record-low.aspx

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

Wow... the sliminess of the trump family and campaign... well, all things trump, is truly amazing...

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lolz, somebody hide Trump's phone.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. AstrosRockets1818

Can’t wait to see Sweet Lou cry win Trump wins in November !!!!

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Interestingly enough, I predicted Trump would win in 2016:

Here's what I wrote to a friend who works for a political paper:

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 1.26.17 AM.png

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't think Hillary would lose until the press swarmed around that Comey letter. Blame either all you want but if it weren't Anthony Wiener's textcapades/sex addiction, we might've had a equally abhorrent president but without the humiliating embarrassment and downhill status both domestically and worldwide.

Guess the red hats can drink on that until they piss themselves.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I wonder how many times a day thinks to himself, "why did I write that stupid #&$@ing letter"

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He was in the drivers seat to do it because Bill couldn't keep his hands to himself and forced into a private meeting withLoretta Lynch at the airport. After recusing herself of anything Hillary related, that caused the power vacuum for Comey to do Comey.

That ****ing family needs to ring in all of their fixers and power agents for a gathering, then implode from existence.

RayRay10 likes this.