1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHAZ] Seattle Autonomous Zone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 11, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Nook, you’re an attorney and you’re smart, don’t let your emotions clouded you bro. Do you know how many hundreds of millions of dollars have pumped into this homelessness issues here in Seattle? The money is never never enough, because the turds that are in charge wanted that way. They misappropriating the funds for all the homelessness issues, spend it somewhere else frivolously, and then cry for some more money when another high profile crimes happened like we had a spates of gun violence in downtown Seattle last year. The longer the problem exists, the easier to milk the people for some more dough. Here’s a video that was produced last year by KOMO news, excellent documentary on why Seattle is dying.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I live in Seattle and used to ride the bus everyday through King Street Station. So I am familiar with the homeless situation that you speak of. I am curious how you would solve the problem. It's easy to blame, but not so easy to fix.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are gonna be disappointed in the answer if he even responds.

4. generalthade_03

Man, I love the Seattle of old. My wife is from there originally. We used to be able to walk around downtown Seattle and felt safe, it is no longer. For a starter, get rid of the turds that are in charge. I know that sounds simplistic, but I believe that’s where most of the problems lied. Restore the depleted police force and let them enforce the laws. There are plenty of money to tackle the homelessness issues but it has to be done by the right people in charge without corruptions. I don’t know about you but I get pissed off everytime I had to go into Seattle.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Still incoherent rambling. What laws are the police force not allowed to enforce and what is an example of how that creates problems with homelessness. Explain to me how police morale has a correlation to levels of homelessness.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We got a ammosexual here.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Quite frankly you've done zero analysis of their budget and the cost it takes to "solve" homelessness. This is just you speaking from your ass.

The way funding in this country works is that for local infrustrcture and services like schools, police, community centers etc are paid through local property taxes. That means wealthier communties have more money to invest in these things than poorer communties. Hence why areas of poverty and homelessness stay that way and fall down a cascading spiral.

DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  8. generalthade_03

You’re not serious so whatever I say, you’re gonna tear it down. The poster like Chilly Pete who lives in Seattle knows what I am talking about. In the meantime, have whatever opinion
    you want about Seattle, that’s ok, but do watch that video on” Seattle is dying”. It is the truth of what’s happening to Seattle.

#88 generalthade_03, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  9. generalthade_03

Uh oh here comes the expert in all things trying to educate us with his ignorance again. You don’t live here bro, so you have so clues posting from wherever you are. Watch that damn documentary “ Seattle is dying” before spewing out your 2 cents as usual.

Astrodome likes this.
  10. CometsWin

I'm asking you to explain how police morale affects homelessness. This was your contention. Be specific. Tell me what laws they're not allowed to enforce that affects the problem of homelessness.

Sounds to me you're just b****ing that there are a lot of homeless in Seattle and you want the police to arrest them because they're homeless and they have to live somewhere. Like most Republicans, you only give a rats ass about the homeless in so much that you have to see them. As soon as they get hauled off to jail there's no longer a homeless problem in your mind. Craven.

DVauthrin likes this.
  11. generalthade_03

You’ve got your mind already made up so what can I possibly say to you that you will consider my point of view. I can tell about a dozen of things that the police are not allowed to enforce per the orders of the mayor, it’s all there in that video that you will not watch. That is why I don’t engage with you guys. You pretend to have a good faith discussion but in actuality, it’s always an ambushed.

jcee15 and B@ffled like this.
  12. CometsWin

You made a statement, I’m asking you to back it up with facts. Don’t tell me some youtube video will show me the real truth. Use your big boy words. Show you’re capable of stating a position and backing it up with substance.

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

technically, if the police have ANY morale, and if there is ANY level of homelessness, then there's a correlation. just sayin'

jcf likes this.
  14. generalthade_03

This isn’t just a YouTube video. This documentary was produced by KOMO News(not exactly Fox News) locally here in Seattle that had all Seattleites as well as Washingtonians talked about it. All the questions you’ve been asking me, the answers are in there. I want you to hear it straight from the people that have to deal with this shiet day in and day out. I’m lucky I don’t live in Seattle but nearby, so I only come into Seattle when I have to.

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I agree there is a lot of homeless people in Seattle, but I don't agree that it's all the fault of the city leadership. Seattle has exploded in population because of Amazon and other tech companies. I don't think that Seattle is dying, its definitely changing though. It's becoming a larger city than it was in the past and with that brings a lot of problems that large cities have such as homelessness.

Nook likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't condemn the non violent gun toters in michigan so it would be hypocritical to condemn these gun toters as long as they are peaceful.

I am hearing that the mayor is shipping in portable bathrooms so it sounds like she supports this.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mayor Jenny Durkan:

"Block party"
    "No threat"
    "Point of conflict between protesters/police, wanted to deescalate."
    (How long will Seattle look like this?) "I don't know, could have the summer of love"

TAKE BACK YOUR CITY SEATTLE!

jcf and Nook like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Seattle should bus all their homeless to san Francisco

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

While peaceful, and not hurting anything, isn't this just turning blocks of the city into a homeless park?

Serious question...

20. generalthade_03

Have you seen that documentary “Seattle is dying” by KOMO News bro? That’s all my long time Seattle friends been talking about it last year. There is almost unanimity amongst my friends in describing their feelings: embarrassed and pissed off.