1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Jump] Adam Silver: China requested Daryl Morey's firing; We said "No Chance"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 17, 2019.

1. SuraGotMadHops

This just reminded me of it all...eff LeBron for his ignorant squelching of free speech, eff Steve Kerr for his hypocritical weasly ass suddenly not having an opinion, and eff communistic negligent regimes that allow viruses to leave their country without giving an eff on the global impact.

Eff em all....Morey 4 Life!

D-rock and generalthade_03 like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know, if it were up to me I'd shut down all of these markets around the world.

Still, this came from China, they should take some responsibility for that. They should do something to make sure that it doesn't come from their country again.

I don't want to get too much into politics here though. Just that yeah, I'm Bitter because last night I was supposed to be watching Rockets v Clippers or something on TNT.

Deckard and lilbird20 like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Murry was right but I don't think he'll last long. CCP's patient on taking down their "enemies".

I'd rather him be GM than a martyr against those bastards.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this report makes the wet markets theory less likely for me. also puts into question whether the virus was possibly brought there from one of the visiting delegations

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eting-World-Military-Games-Wuhan-OCTOBER.html

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thta seems dubious to me. These French athletes didn't bring it back to France or wherever they went next, while it broke out in Wuhan.

If what they caught was Covid-19 I think they would have spread it to others who then spread it to others and it would have been a global outbreak in December and not March.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If Morey was really about free speech he wouldn't have deleted his tweet and apologized. He is really no better then lemao.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Name Morey the ambassador to China. Problem solved.

tinman and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With due respect but that just came out wrong. I always pegged you for a level headed poster but dang.

Do people blame Spain for the Spanish flu?

HIV in the NBA, not much got shut down but Magic Johnson got a shetstorm on him.

I am sorry that you can't watch a darn NBA game but let's get you a reality check.....viruses have been part of human history, mang.

If not now, there will be pandemics later, smart visionaries like Gates have proclaimed it for years now.

It is sadly the result of progress, globalization and rapid industrial development, that countries like China, Brazil and upcoming African countries are guilty of.
    Europe had the Bubonic plague and other epidemics.

I mean yeah, I get that China should get heat for their power to threaten ppl like Morey but this....

The virus shouldn't be put on Chinese people or people of Asian descent and this kind of statement isn't helping everyday racism, on the contrary, it feeds into hate, it could be galvanizing folks into thinking just that.

Enough people associate the term 'China' with all Chinese people and not just the CCP.

There are still 90% ish of population that doesn't eat wildlife.

#188 daywalker02, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Not to speak for him, but we arent talking about racism or the chinese people. Dont use that trope. Thats horseshit. People are blaming the chinese government. Get off your ****in high horse. China is a piece of **** dictatorship, dangerous country. I feel for the chinese people living there under that government. Nobody is hating the chinese people. What are you 4 years old?

Did spain withold information and cover up the spanish flu? and then trying to blame the US for it? China killed thousands of people because of their actions. Hell yes they deserve the blame. The chinese government doesnt give a **** about you. They dont need you defending them.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Yes and that is the problem. There needs to be a clear and understood difference between the CCP and the citizens of China, Chinese Americans and other Asians as well.

The CCP isn’t representative of Chinese people anymore than the Republican Party represents Americans.

Racism isn’t acceptable and criticizing the policies of the CCP isn’t the same and disliking the people of China or any other Asian person around the globe.

Invisible Fan, TMac'n and D-rock like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am also not accusing CF posters but there are dumb ppl out there.

Nope, I am not 4 years old but true, a 4 year old is said to have a good chance to get through with milder symptoms or no symptoms.

And you are not helping here either.

Move along, sir.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You took my NBA comment on the surface level, it goes deeper than that though. Having the NBA on right now means things are back to normal. Covid ruined normalcy for many people and have ruined lives. I think I have a right to be bitter about that and angry at that.

No, I don't blame Spain for the Spanish Flu because it is a flu which just operates differently from a Coronavirus.

But, from everything I've read and seen about it, this could have been prevented. I've heard from scientists basically how these viruses can jump from species to species because of the nature of wet markets. It seems like a breeding ground for viruses and recently we've had a few come from China. China even knows that wet markets are an issue and has 'tried' to shut them down previously, so I'm not saying something controversial here.

Also, I said nothing about Chinese people, I'm talking about the Chinese government.

They could do a lot better. That's the reality check here. China, the government, could do A LOT better.

The plague was also preventable too, but people then didn't know how to prevent it, it doesn't become an issue anymore...and the disease still exists. You don't have breakouts from it because we understand how to prevent it. If the plague then breaks out somewhere in the world that country should be blamed for not preventing something that was preventable.

I think there is a difference between a virus that comes from nature and a virus that comes from a situation created by humans. Until other information comes out, I'll place a large amount of blame at the feet of the Chinese Government (not the people) and even if they find out Wuhan wasn't its origins, wet markets still should be shut down and they still should be criticized for allowing them to exist.

13. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Not really responding to any of the real points. I see, its because you know. You just wanna play games

so you arent helping either by calling/insinuating people are racist.

move along sir

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, I got little overboard and emotional whatnot.

Will get to the other part about the virus later on.

Nothing wrong with wanting to watch a great Rox matchup with the Clippers.

I guess you're not lucky to be in the US, in Germany you could have watched a soccer game on TV.

The US have the most cases which is unfortunate for sports fans that we are.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think there is a reason to believe that Patient 0 wasn't someone from the markets but someone who had direct contact with bats or the amplifier animal whether it is a wild mammal or livestock. The virus was hidden and mutated multiple times until it jumped from human to human.

The market was just another main cluster to help spread it. There were no bats found at said market.

I do not think it could have been prevented this time, to be honest with you.

Italy got hit out of the blue, now UK and the States. Too much density, too metropolitan and international. Some of the spots did have overaged population.

Unless you ban international travel completely.

#195 daywalker02, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope you were not serious about children having mild or no symptoms regarding covid-19.

Children are just as susceptible to this virus, the symptoms are different but no less deadly.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There were different articles from different countries, of course those from hot spots didn't get away just fine.

And of course there are exceptions to the norm, there is no norm to this outbreak.
    Of course I was joking to a stranger who just wanted to attack my internet persona.

Overall, you could still conclude that children, esp. younger children did much better than over 45, 50 year olds, the elderly group.

Covid-19 is very aggressive at triggering underlying conditions which older ppl got aplenty.

And there is a specific thread in the Hangout that talks about it.

#197 daywalker02, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

F the CCP and its anti-freedom values that go contrary to what America stands for in every possible way. I stand with the Chinese people who do not lick the boot of the dictator at the cost of their own lives and retribution on their families because they believe in a place that understands what freedom really stands for.

Also, Spanish flu didn't even come from Spain, whereas we know COVID-19 originated from China, perhaps a wet market, perhaps a lab, and that after China loosed it upon the world (perhaps accidentally, perhaps not) they are trying to take advantage for political power and advantage at-home and abroad.

I feel sorry for the majority of Chinese citizens living under the oppressive rule of the CCP and just don't want to be punished by the ruthless dictators that the CCP members are.

And as far as Morey goes, at least he spoke up, even if he was threatened into silence. Unlike LeBron, James, Barkley, Kerr, and countless others who feared for their wallet and were spoken critics of Morey for standing up for freedom, yet the hypocrites will dare to say they are more than athletes as long as it doesn't hurt their brand. Pathetic.

https://qz.com/1857362/china-re-wro...ronavirus-pandemic/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo

tinman likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey is greater than entire country of China

China makes Putin look good
    Russia never messed with Morey

clos4life likes this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nothing makes Putin look good; those two gummints are racing to the bottom, like they're competing for the first pick in a weak draft.

OMG - - did I just get political here, in the GARM? Sincerest regrets.

D-rock likes this.