1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

China: "no deaths in 8 days"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 23, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Has there ever been a government so full of ****?

We're supposed to believe that country with a billion people where corona actually started has had 0 deaths related to it in over a week...

tinman, Nook, King1 and 6 others like this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

They have more credibility than Trump IMO.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

get your ass in here @WNBA

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

China Imposes New Limits as Coronavirus Fears Return

Some northern cities have reported fresh cases and put restrictions on movement, a sign of how hard it will be for China to fully recover from the outbreak.

Chinese officials have imposed new limits on movement in some northern parts of the country following a spate of new coronavirus infections, in a sign of how difficult it will be to fully recover from an outbreak that virtually paralyzed the country.

The restrictions imposed over the past week include thec of Harbin, a city of 10 million in northeastern China where a number of new infections have been reported. Other cities in the region have also imposed restrictions, which include preventing outsiders from visiting other neighborhoods and warning residents to stay away from high-risk areas.

The new limits came after the authorities reported dozens of new infections.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...na-coronavirus-new-infections.amp.html?espv=1

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#5 J.R., Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I wouldn't go that far but it's getting close.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't know if Trump fans realize that this is exactly what Trump is trying to accomplish. He wants an autocratic state where he can control the numbers being reported. Do you guys not get that? You despise China, and blame them for everything, but at the same time support Trump who obviously wants to have the ability to do the same thing?

cheke64, CometsWin, jboslett and 3 others like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

At the end of the day, Trump needs to realize his actions have consequences.

Nook and seemoreroyals like this.
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll repeat that we should take what the PRC is reporting with healthy skepticism but given the size of this crisis it will be very hard for them to hide. We already see that with them revising numbers upwards. I agree we shouldn't take the day to day reporting out of their but look at longer trends and in what policies they are implementing.

Skepticism is important at the same time just dismissing everything out of the PRC is a mistake too. The pressure on them has born some results and they have been releasing useful information on gene sequences and information regarding the course of the disease. They've also been sending aid and expertise to other countries. This is what the rest of the World should be pushing is for the PRC to give clear info and aid.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

One government reported more than 14000 deaths in 8 days vs. one government reported 0 deaths in 8 days ........ the one with 0 death is full of ****? Great logic.

You can scream you do not trust China's data all you want but DO you have any counter data? Was your one of relatives dead in China because of covid19 recently? Any intelligence report to back up your doubt?

Was there anyone forcing you to believe that data? will you ever use it for anything? does it have anything significant value to you especially you apparently never trust anything from China? Why do you care?...... because zero is a sad number to you? if it was 200 million death, then you get your daily joke moment? You are mad at a number that is irrelevant from a place you never trust or have no idea? Don't you think it is some form of mental illness?

SKIP following line, it is no good to your condition...

China has gotten it under control for months now. The left over deaths were done simply because of the time. Zero deaths is nothing surprise and not worth attention. Zero death after >4000 deaths is still no good. I personally don't care. Of course, you will scream "do not believe" anything positive related with China......I cannot help but hate to watch your mental illness getting worse. I suggest you put your attention on your own government and discuss 2000 daily deaths, which must not be full of **** ... vote for Trump if you are happy with it.

Good luck.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

This is the news that should have gotten more attentions. The scope of the coming back of the virus and steps of China are taking to counter it are worth watching... for people without the disease of screaming 'do not trust China'.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

deflecting lol

King1 likes this.
  14. WNBA

WNBA Member

CNN reports from Wuhan. must be 'fake' news. Not for Trumpsters

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

you are hurt by this? lol

16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The reporter has distant Chinese heritage.... He cannot be trusted lol.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess my response what does it matter to us if they are lying? If you cant prove it, nobody is changing anybody's mind about anything.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe China has 3 deaths per million, Japan 2 or Russia only 4 per million any more than I believe anything out of the mouth of Trump.

Yesterday he went on again bragging about how we test more than anybody, and more than most countries combined. He purposely omits that isn't per million. Looking at today's figures I count 41 countries who are testing more per million. Trump, like Putin and Xi Jinping aren't the kind of leaders who you can trust or believe.
    They are dangerous men in many ways.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

CometsWin and Andre0087 like this.
  19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Six in one hand.. Half a dozen in another...

T_Man

20. conquistador#11

I have the over.
    It's probably 8,000 deaths in 8 days.

Astrodome likes this.