1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This line alone is exactly what Trump does all the time....lol. His suit is just another crazy reaction to the truth.

"It is disappointing that WJFW-NBC would knowingly continue to broadcast this blatantly false ad and perpetrate falsehoods on the American people..."

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Ridiculous for sure but... not even in his wildest dreams could Biden generate this kind of enthusiasm for his potential voters. That's been my biggest issue with him. I've begged him and the dem establishment to win my vote but they would rather ignore, mock, shame, blame, etc... instead. Biden is a centrist and I think he will lose because of that laughable approach. No enthusiasm (or worse, apathy, hate) will ensure folks don't risk their health/lives to go vote. Trumpers on the other hand will risk it all to go vote. So how do you think that's gonna work out for the Dems?!?! WHO CARES!!!, keep vote shaming and boring potential voters!!

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is really underhanded ****, Go after a local station and hope they scare other stations from airing the adds because they cannot afford to defend themselves against the deep pockets of his campaign.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When did Biden do anything to you?

Your particular vote is way down on what any priority list should be, You are speaking for a very small minority.

6. NewRoxFan

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I’m sure Bloomberg would be happy to take care of their legal fees.

8. Major

Major Member

So let's look at the Wisconsin election that the GOP pushed forward in the hopes of low turnout in the Supreme Court seat election - one where Trump personally begged people to come out to vote and the GOP said it was safe, while both Dem candidates did not campaign and said you're crazy to come out and vote. Results today show the Dems still got a higher turnout and the Supreme Court seat the GOP was aiming to save with all those shenanigans will fall to the opponent. I'd say it's going to work out pretty well.

9. ipaman

I have two daughters, do the math. And before you say but... Trump Trump Trump... I didn't vote for him, never have never will.

If you think your news nugget is because of enthusiasm generated by/for Biden then LOLOLOLO!!!! It's all Trump HATE but not sure how far that will go... I don't vote due to HATE and that's my point...

10. biina

biina Member

Win your vote? Do you think an election is some kind of used car lot? People like you are a strong evidence in support of Socrates's argument.

You have a limited set of candidates in the general election and you are supposed to vote for who you feel would be the better/best president. Not voting for the best candidate is an implicit vote for the poorer option.

Waiting for some sort of sales pitch to win your vote will only leave you beguiled and wont be surprised if you were conned the last time

11. Major

Major Member

We're seeing today how far it will go. Really, really far. It's the same we saw all throughout 2017, 2018, and 2019. Biden doesn't have to generate the enthusiasm - the left will come out to vote against Trump. His job is to secure the middle to try to win in a rout and bring a bunch of Senate seats along. I don't know that he cares too much whether he excites you or not.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

The ipaman motto: ask not what you can do you for your country, but how will your candidates pander to you.

the11mingdynasty and jiggyfly like this.
  13. ipaman

It's not just me, it's millions of others as well. For you all sake, I hope I'm wrong. Many here and across the country will need to be admitted if Trump wins again. My gut is telling me he will. We'll see.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Two daughters?

What does that have to do with Biden?

If you think he is a predator why would you want him to seek out your vote, there should be nothing he could do if you are "thinking of your daughters"

So what exactly is the math?

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your gut and your vote.

16. NewRoxFan

He is a republican, and when all is said and done, he will vote for the republican. He says he doesn't support him. He says he didn't before, and won't in the future. He will even criticize him on this discussion board. But ultimately, its all about the party. because party over country. He is voting for trump.

Biden doesn't have to win over republicans as much as win over independents. Real independents.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

No, it's really not. That's the beauty of voting - we've gotten to see actual results. Wisconsin and plenty of other places have shown us whether your version of reality holds.

And yet, you won't do anything to stop it. As I said, the ipaman motto: ask not what you can do you for your country, but how will your candidates pander to you.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. ipaman

I've never voted Republican Presidential candidate in my life LOL!!! That said, I almost voted for Ron Paul and I was too young for Perot but I would have voted for Perot in a heartbeat.

Truth is, I'm definitely lean libertarian minus the wacky ****.

19. ipaman

A vote drawn from hate is worthless imo. I'd rather keep my dignity, let the country elect whom it wants. besides with the electoral college and too a lesser degree gerrymandering bullshit my Texas vote hardly matters as it is. I'll stick to my locals, where I can actually make a difference for now.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Time to dust off this one...

RayRay10 likes this.