1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It did not sneak up on us... He knew about this months ago...

T_Man

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Watching his face go red and lips purse as he gets angry about the questions is very telling.

RayRay10 and JeffB like this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Where are the tests???

That's a very hard question, I'll like Mike answer it. LOL

JeffB and RayRay10 like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good, maybe they will get sick quicker and be asked to stand down. I'm okay with a Pelosi presidency for the foreseable future just so I can feel like our country has a fighting chance to do better once this settles down.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, didn't he just say he knew a pandemic was coming months ago?

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

First off, he completely ignores what his CDC and WHO experts say re: naming of the virus. But worse, approximately one-fifth of American citizens are Americans of Chinese descent. But he wants to be "accurate"...

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He seems most satisfied the press is taking the bait on the "China virus" bullshit.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Bullshit... Continue to see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, when it comes to China while they keep raping the planet up the ass.

Re: Trump, there is plenty of domestic blame to go around trust me. But not before the world does something about China imo. They are a common enemy the world should rally against.

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

'American coronavirus': China pushes propaganda casting doubt on virus origin

Diplomats, state media and officials in China encourage idea that Covid-19 came from the US

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...us-originated-in-us-gaining-traction-in-china

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It sneaks up on him and most of his admin. He knew nothing months ago. He knows a bit more now. However, this is not static and is fast evolving. We can't afford such an incompetent leader in an emergency, but yet here we are.

11. NewRoxFan

trump writing more campaign ads for Joe Biden...

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Makes you feel helpless. This old idiot only cares about how the media portrays him. **** him.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

It fires up his base while avoids his answering where the test kits are that he has been promising for weeks...

AleksandarN, joshuaao, T_Man and 2 others like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, the more trump talks, the more the market tanks...

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, we plan to roll them out next week.

*Insert proper "dead" meme here*

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Frank Luntz conducted the focus groups/polling that suggested calling COVID-19 the "China virus" would be money for redirecting attention from Trump's lies and how much he has bungled this crisis (much like he has bungled most every aspect of this job except lining his pockets).

This pandemic is beyond his control. This is an easy win as far as easy wins go. Listen to the scientists and professionals. Let the CDC lead. Listen to the people who know who the federal government works and what capabilities and resources the federal government has at its disposal. Care more about succeeding with actual results instead of looking successful for you voting base and riling up xenophobia.

I mean, he is so incompetent that he can't bring himself to be honest and be good at his job for selfish and cynical reasons. I really hope our country learns its lesson about the importance of competent leadership in public office.

Edit:

I mean... you can't make this **** up. You have former federal officials tweeting at the president to get him to do basic stuff like release the strategic reserve of ventilators and use the defense production act to meet our medical equipment needs... sigh. This dude seems more responsive to tweets and pleas on foxnews channel than to the remaining experts in government (those who he hasn't already driven out of their jobs for not being loyal).

#196 JeffB, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Deckard, NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  17. WNBA

WNBA Member

stockpiled 10 ventilators ....... lol
    hmm. .. let's see what world can do. I guess you can wait for another 5000 years.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What on earth are you talking about? You are drinking Trump's koolaid.

Plenty of domestic blame to go around for this? I am sure you will find a way to spin this and blame Pelosi haha.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Meanwhile he relies on his son-in-law to canvas ideas in FB groups.

Trump runs the country like he ran his "empire" - a family small business. He doesn't know how to delegate because he doesn't trust. He's a micromanager who is stuck in the weeds and tries to be involved in the minutia and that makes him incapable of running a large organization or a country for that matter.

We all know he is a complete and utter disaster. What's amazing is the 40 some percent including people like @ipaman continue to support him. You can understand the die hard ones who seem him as their god-leader, but he really can get away with anything and not lose support.

How does a clearly incompetent leader man-child like Trump garner so much loyalty? My only guess is that it comes down to the race baiting he does which they really identify with him. His anti-Science anti-liberal mindset seems to really appeal to those who feel the same way. He taps into their anger and they really bond with it.

It's truly remarkable.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It has been a childish response from a weak government, he and his team cut most of the people that would have been ahead of this.......lord I hope his cult followers realize we need an actual leader in power to be effective in times of stress.

DD

Rashmon likes this.